Windows 10: Weird behaviour from keyboard and various software

Discus and support Weird behaviour from keyboard and various software in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 on a desktop. Replicated with different keyboards. All of this happened yesterday 1. Shift key in Firefox causes LEAVE PAGE. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by londonpete2002, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Weird behaviour from keyboard and various software

Running Windows 10 on a desktop. Replicated with different keyboards. All of this happened yesterday

1. Shift key in Firefox causes LEAVE PAGE. But no effect in OpenOffice

2. Typing an entry into File Explorer tries to autocomplete but flashes the title and won't allow deleting characters unless Shift Key is held down
    3. Hovering over the folder list in File Explorer causes scroll down which stops if the shift key is held down. On the body causes scroll left

4. Same behaviour on Start Screen
    5. Holding the Ctrl key without a plus sign causes zoom in office

6. All drop down menus in FIREFOX and other apps appear for an instant then vanish and can't be accessed
    Help please

:)

londonpete2002, Dec 6, 2016
  2. Arul_D Win User

Weird PS/2 keyboard behaviour after installing KB3135173

Hi Radek,

Thank you for replying with the status of this issue.

Try installing the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Refer the steps to install a driver in compatibility mode:

a. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties

b. Select Compatibility Tab

c. Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list

d. Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.

If you need any further assistance let us know and we would be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Dec 6, 2016
  3. Weird PS/2 keyboard behaviour after installing KB3135173

Today I have installed the cumulative update KB3135173ssss. After that, my keyboard started acting weird - it either "thinks" Ctrl key is pressed, after resetting the computer it turns out that Shift stays on (although I do not press it and ssssssssssssssssssssssCsaps
    Lock light is off). In the prior sentence you can see another example - I didn't press "S" key...ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Assssnd asgaisn - I hasd to press "Esc"...

RadekRutkowski, Dec 6, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Weird behaviour from keyboard and various software

Are you sure the issue is in keyboard? Especially items 3 to 5 on your list sound as a mouse issue, broken / frozen scroll wheel. Easy to test if you have another mouse.

Kari, Dec 6, 2016
  5. I had tried different keyboards and a different mouse and tried them in different USB ports. I also did a soft reboot. Nothing worked.
    Then I unplugged all the USB devices and plugged them back in one at a time and it's all fixed - but I've no idea why.

londonpete2002, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Weird behaviour from keyboard and various software

1. Weird behaviour from keyboard and various software - Similar Threads - Weird behaviour keyboard

2. Weird ethernet behaviour

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird ethernet behaviour: My ethernet throughput on task manager is being really weird, and my download speed is also acting strange. I don't know why it's like this, could I please have help? [ATTACH]...
  3. Weird CMD Behaviour.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird CMD Behaviour.: Hi, When I launch cmd.exe from a C# Program, I get error that 'ssh is not an internal or external program' but when I launch cmd via Win + R -> cmd.exe, there is no problem. I checked the PATH variable and its identical in both. What could cause this weird behaviour? P.S: I...
  4. Weird behaviour with updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird behaviour with updates: This is what happened: 1. Laptop should be offline: Ethernet plugged out, WiFi switched off in system tray. I boot to Windows to play a game. 2. I'm done with the game. System tray shows there are pending updates (something about .net framework, if I recall) that need the...
  5. weird keyboard behaviour

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    weird keyboard behaviour: I was playing GTA V, enjoying time with my friend. Then all of a sudden, pressing W does not walk my character forward. it kept showing this menu about pen input or something. On action center it shows me a notification about something along the lines of "Microsoft Keyboard...
  6. Weird behaviour

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weird behaviour: Hi, I have backupped a good working system, installed with everything I'm used to work with (a win pro 64 install from usb stick wich works),..I did this because I knew updating windows to its latest version would give me problems...and yes today I have tried again for the...
  7. Weird Display Behaviour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Display Behaviour: I have just realised that when I change the wallpaper on my laptop it also changes on my desktop PC ... and vice versa This never used to happen - anyone any ideas what's changed? I don't know if it's significant but both computers updated to W10 Anniversary Edition...
  8. Weird connectivity behaviour

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird connectivity behaviour: Today while I was playing a game on my PC I heard the Windows alert sound, but when I checked to look there was no alert to be seen. Shortly afterwards my PC was disconnected from the Internet. Chrome said that my device is offline, this usually never happens. My phone could...
  9. Odd software behaviour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd software behaviour: In my Win10 build 10565 file browser/explorer I usually like to set the folder view to sort by date order. This works fine in Win10 directly. There is sometimes a short delay whilst the folder reorganises itself. However if I THEN use a third party program such as Photoshop...
  10. Weird keyboard behaviour at logon

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird keyboard behaviour at logon: I found myself unable to log on because typing my windows password was impossible ( managed to do it with on screen keyboard ) the problem is that when i press " i " for example it types "]i", when i press u for example it types " hyu " and very strange when i press...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 keyboard weird behaviour