Windows 10: Weird BSOD/freeze

Discus and support Weird BSOD/freeze in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello ladies/gentleman! *Smile Sadly (probably) I got hyped with the Windows 10 thingy and upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro. Here comes the problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VladCelTroll, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Weird BSOD/freeze

Hello ladies/gentleman! *Smile
    Sadly (probably) I got hyped with the Windows 10 thingy and upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro.

Here comes the problem.

After installing Windows 10, I experience weird freezes (like everything freezes, even sound) and sometimes (had them in the past. Now they don't happen anymore) BSODs after closing a game (namely WoT) reffering to a file called igdkmd64.
    The problem from above WAS solved (I mean, the BSOD) but the freezes didn't. Even weirder is the fact that sometimes my WiFi doesn't work. When trying to troubleshoot it, it reffers to a problem stating "One or more network protocols are missing", or at least something like that.
    I'd be thankful if someone finds me a solution *Smile
    I mean, really thankful.

Thanks in advance *Wink

PS: my laptop is from ASUS, namely a X551 model with Intel Graphics 4400 and NVidia GeForce 840M 2GB.

:)

VladCelTroll, Dec 23, 2015
  2. FDAlv Win User

Various BSOD

I believe I found it on the Chipset on their site but when I run it, it says it failed to install the USB drivers which I believe the two malfunctioning ones? I tried something that said you have to do the change manually through the update driver> find
    files on computer but it still crashed again after it updated, giving me a
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error one time but usually it just freezes with weird lines/tears and a buzzing sound I have to restart to get out of. The freezes are more common than the BSODs.

FDAlv, Dec 23, 2015
  3. DanPin Win User
    Constant computer failures after system startup or resume

Oh, great.

Now with the Creators Update, I'm going to experience additional BSoDs and constant computer freezes as usual. If I run the Windows Memory Diagnostics tool, it will either freeze or continue to run with no problems.

The BSoD I experienced was KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

DanPin, Dec 23, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Weird BSOD/freeze

Please install the most recent updates from your manufacturer.

Please read How to upload files

Weird BSOD/freeze [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    Weird BSOD/freeze [​IMG]
    Clean boot
    Please try the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.
    If the problem still persist, try booting in safe mode and see if the problem still persist

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

Weird BSOD/freeze [​IMG]

Weird BSOD/freeze [​IMG]

5. Goushique Win User
    This was the same thing I had! I have the X550LD. Did this happen after installing the Nvidia Geforce graphics drivers? Did you get the screen okay just after upgrading? Did u try to install any drivers if so?

Goushique, Dec 24, 2015
  6. I installed the latest NVidia driver and then downgraded the driver for integrated graphics. It's still freezing, but not that often like it used to.
    Last time I tried updating all drivers. Since then I get these freezes.
    @Axe- thanks for the possible solution. Will try tomorrow. Hope for the best.
    Update: Worked well. Disabled all services/startup items and shot 2 bunnies with 1 bullet: no more freezes/sad-face BSOD and faster startup \o/
    Thanks a lot *Smile

VladCelTroll, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Weird BSOD/freeze

1. Weird BSOD/freeze - Similar Threads - Weird BSOD freeze

2. Weird buzzing sounds, screen Freezing and bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird buzzing sounds, screen Freezing and bsod: HiI’m constantly getting BSOD, I have al Asus tuf dash F15 latptop from 2021. I have this laptop for 2 years and Its the first time this problem occurs. It always occurs When I’m watching videos. Every 20 minutes I get a bsod. And Its more frequent When the charching cable is...
  3. Weird buzzing sounds, screen Freezing and bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird buzzing sounds, screen Freezing and bsod: HiI’m constantly getting BSOD, I have al Asus tuf dash F15 latptop from 2021. I have this laptop for 2 years and Its the first time this problem occurs. It always occurs When I’m watching videos. Every 20 minutes I get a bsod. And Its more frequent When the charching cable is...
  4. Weird Freezing After Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Freezing After Boot: Hello there, I have had an issue that is very odd on my computer recently. Sometimes when I boot up my computer or wake it from sleep sometimes after use for about 5 minutes all internet access will stop and the computer will freeze. I can click around tabs however the whole...
  5. Sudden and super weird freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden and super weird freezes: I am using this PC almost every day minimum of 6 hours sometimes up to 18 hours every day.I play games, put on idle and don't do anything for hours, edit videos, do tests etc...My computer freezes only on idle, while watching videos or while just studying. Not while I play...
  6. Weird Freezing Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Freezing Issue: Has happened a few times now, everything just locks up, I can still move the mouse, but I can't interact with anything, no windows, no tabs, no taskbar, can't bring anything up nothing, just the mouse moves. The only way out is to restart the whole thing. What's going on?...
  7. Weird BSOD

Weird BSOD: Hi, I have a really really weird issue. Recently I purchased a 1440p monitor and since then my PC has been blue screening only when playing games and watching videos at the same time. I later figured out that this is because of the Hardware acceleration switch in MS edge. I...
  8. Windows 10 weird freeze

Windows 10 weird freeze: Is it just me.. or is Windows freezing more then ever now? It doesn't freeze completely. Usually is the application i'm using fine. But everything else is frozen. Zero respons. Nada. Restart makes it work again. Tabs reload in Brave browser. Windows 10 Home version 1809...
  9. Windows 10 weird freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 weird freezing: Hi i have an issue with my pc at the moment. Right now I tryin to figure out what the issue is with it randomly freezing when i play games or watch vids. So basically it hard on freezes where it buzzes out the audio or whatever i am watching kinda slows down heavily but...
  10. Weird freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird freezes: I hope it's correct board for post like that. First post, what a way to start! There we go: Whenever I leave my laptop be for a few minutes, it freezes. After minute, two, ten it unfreezes and works as nothing happened. Happens mostly when I turn on music in foobar2000...