Windows 10: Weird BSOD problem

Discus and support Weird BSOD problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7) The main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Senarium, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Senarium Win User

Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    • Another Windows 7
    • Another HDD
    • Only HDD connected
    • Changed RAM
    • Tried with built in GPU
    • Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

:)

Senarium, Feb 24, 2016

2. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION in win32kbase.sys every time I try to run MAGIX Music Maker 2016 Premium?

I couldn't reproduce the problem in Safe Mode anymore. Hm. Weird, I swear there was a BSOD when I started it in Safe Mode. I guess the BSOD in Safe mode could've been caused by something else. But it still occurs in normal boot or in a different user.

Tommy Sebestyen, Feb 24, 2016
  3. Windows 10 BSOD "unexpected_store_exception" & screen glitches

Thanks! This helped, haven't had a bsod since. But still getting weird screen glitches. tried un/rein-stalling my graphics drivers as well but to no avail.

CherylOzon, Feb 24, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Weird BSOD problem

All are different bugchecks with different probable causes.
    Code: BugCheck A, {ffffe001feff8530, 2, 0, fffff8002f2f3601} Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiRestoreTransitionPte+111 ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote] Code: BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8008a4a85a8, ffffd00024fdc598, ffffd00024fdbdb0} Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!DeleteNodeFromTree+e0 ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote] Code: BugCheck 139, {3, ffffd00027b948e0, ffffd00027b94838, 0} Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiFastFailDispatch+d0 ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote] So it would be difficult to arrive at a decision.

Let us go slow. At first, get rid of the most frequent BSOD causer, Daemon Tools. Windows 10 can open any disk image in windows explorer, no Daemon is needed there.

And, remove all the startup entries. Right click on the start button > Task Manager, Startup tab.

Then see how it goes. Let us know.

5. Senarium Win User
    Removed Daemon Tools.

Removed all startup items.

Shutdown. Cold start.
    No BSOD.
    Added Dropbox, Catalyst, Letter Zu to start up(essential for my work, no need for others).
    Shutdown . Cold start.
    No BSOD.
    Repeated "Shutdown . Cold start." several times. No BSOD.

Amazing, but apparently remove of Daemon Tools did the trick. I will test it several days, just to make sure this is it, and Mark Solved.

Thank you a lot for your support, much appreciated.

Senarium, Feb 26, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Welcome. Now wait and observe how it goes. Let us know for any further issue.

7. Senarium Win User
    Hi,
    So the problem still exists.

Since last time 3 more BSODs, please see attachment.

It seems that if I shutdown and I start PC again immediately in some minutes , BSOD wont happen. It will happen for example on next day. Not sure if this info helps at all...

Thanks

Senarium, Mar 1, 2016
  8. ARC
    Arc Win User

Weird BSOD problem

Can you update windows to the latest?
    Code: Windows 10 Kernel Version 10240 MP (2 procs) Free x64[/quote] It is 10586 now.

9. Senarium Win User
    Hi, upgraded to latest version yesterday.

Today it started with BSOD, see attached please.

Senarium, Mar 2, 2016
  10. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Your bugchecks are SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M which is a variant of stop 0x7E (SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED).

Carrona.org says:
    There is a great chance of hardware incompatibility, as P5P41D | Motherboards | ASUS Global
    does not reveal anything for windows 10.

11. Senarium Win User
    Since the problem was when I had Windows 7, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with Windows 10 incompatibility.

Senarium, Mar 3, 2016
  12. ARC
    Arc Win User
    A valid point.

Have you got windows 10 by a clean install, or it was an upgrade?

If it was an upgrade, perform a clean install as the last way to remove the possibilities of a software/driver caused BSOD. Dont install any driver yourself; let windows update install the drivers for the computer (because the vendor supplied drivers will not be compatible).

If it is already a clean install with windows suggested drivers, then we have to go for hardware tests exclusively.

So let us know.

13. Senarium Win User

Weird BSOD problem

Hi Arc,

The Windows was an upgrade.

So I've installed a clean install of the Windows 10 on another newly formatted partition, so I have now dual-boot Windows 10(one upgrade and one clean install). Clean install OS is by default to boot.

I did not installed any drivers, only via Windows updates.

Here is another BSOD today, same behavior.

Thank you

Senarium, Mar 8, 2016
  14. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Code: BugCheck A, {fffff6e800f80738, 2, 0, fffff8015eabf5b3} Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiReplenishBitMap+a3 ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote] Two things may cause memory corruptions. One is meory hardware (RAM, DIMM slot, or memory controller) and the other thing is the drivers passing bad information to the memory.

Apparently the second possibility is completely nullified by now, as it occurs in multiple complete different situations on the same hardware.
    So we have to seh for the causes of the BSOD in the hardware environment.

Previously (18 May 2015) you posted ......
    Which apparently nullifies the possibility of a problematic RAM.
    The RAMs run at 800MHz.
    Code: Speed 800MHz[/quote] Much lower, but supported by the motherboard.
    Attachment 68517
    The BIOS s old, but the latest version.
    Code: BiosVersion = 0404 BiosReleaseDate = 03/05/2010[/quote] Now, we have very limited things left to do. Let us do these one by one.

First, let us check that the components are properly seated.
    Dismantle the computer. Clean the inside (make it free from any dust accumulation). Remove the components like SATA ports, RAM and graphics card. Clean them all. Clean the edges of the RAM stick with clean cotton cloth.
    Now seat those back.
    Does it change anything there? Let us know.

If not, we will step forward to the next possible step.

15. Senarium Win User
    Hi,

I did all the steps you said:
    + I disconnected ODD, as I don't remember when last time I used it.

Started PC> BSOD> but it did not left a minidump, only a file called C:\DUMP1e36.tmp

Senarium, Mar 16, 2016
Thema:

Weird BSOD problem

1. Weird BSOD problem - Similar Threads - Weird BSOD problem

2. Weird problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird problem: 2 days ago, I bought a new laptop that comes with windows 11 OS. Then, I uninstalled the McAfee antivirus because I don't want it. Then, my bluetooth can't work anymore right after that uninstallation of McAfee anti virus. Then, I proceeded to use system restore to revert the...
  3. Weird problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird problem: 2 days ago, I bought a new laptop that comes with windows 11 OS. Then, I uninstalled the McAfee antivirus because I don't want it. Then, my bluetooth can't work anymore right after that uninstallation of McAfee anti virus. Then, I proceeded to use system restore to revert the...
  4. Weird problem . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird problem . . .: My name is, Dana. This is my problem I have a dual boot computer running Windows 10 and Windows 11 excuse my punctuation I'm speaking into a microphone and I don't really want to go back and correct it so do your best to read it I have a pin setup that I use for both Windows...
  5. Weird problem . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird problem . . .: My name is, Dana. This is my problem I have a dual boot computer running Windows 10 and Windows 11 excuse my punctuation I'm speaking into a microphone and I don't really want to go back and correct it so do your best to read it I have a pin setup that I use for both Windows...
  6. Weird problem . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. There is a weird problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There is a weird problem: There is a weird problem in my computer. When I plugged my charger at my computer and I tried to open games like Valorant etc., I could not open game game gave errors about internet connection or there is a another example, I opened another game like offline game and I want...
  8. Weird BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird BSOD: Hi, I have a really really weird issue. Recently I purchased a 1440p monitor and since then my PC has been blue screening only when playing games and watching videos at the same time. I later figured out that this is because of the Hardware acceleration switch in MS edge. I...
  9. PC acting weird, problems with updates, BSODs etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC acting weird, problems with updates, BSODs etc.: I’ve been having problems with my PC recently. A week ago, I couldn’t install the new windows 10 update 1909. After getting lost of different errors, I decided to try to use CheckHealth, RestoreHealth and SFC, and chkdsk. After doing all of the above in Safe Mode, I still...
  10. weird problem?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    weird problem?: Hello. You can call me Ayman. My english isnt good, so i'm sorry for that. My pc is running Windows 10 Pro since 2 months, and its running smoothly till this day. without an obvious reason, the PC just became trash, after a while of the start up or even in a game the PC...