Windows 10: Weird bug where system specific things are very slow.

Discus and support Weird bug where system specific things are very slow. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This started a couple months ago but I found a hack where if I open a program and it asks for admin privileges it would magically go away. Anyways, a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by agrzesiak, Dec 8, 2016.

1. agrzesiak Win User

Weird bug where system specific things are very slow.

This started a couple months ago but I found a hack where if I open a program and it asks for admin privileges it would magically go away. Anyways, a couple examples of what's happening is hovering over an icon in the tray takes a couple seconds to illuminate showing it is being hovered over. Right clicking opens the border of the little window but it takes a couple seconds to populate with the options. Using task manager is painfully slow. In windows explorer, it takes a couple seconds to show a file or folder is being hovered over. Like I said I found a hack for this but I would like to find an actual solution. Thanks.

:)

agrzesiak, Dec 8, 2016
  2. Jeppe F. Win User

Non-paged pool grows to consume all memory after Creators Update (possibly Storage Spaces related)

Hi Clark,

I have the same memory leak as Matt and i'm also a bit puzzled by your answer.

First of, it seems a bit weird to talk about a memory leak as a lack of feature - they are bugs that should not be there at any point.

Secondly: This specific memory leak was introduced, or got very bad, recently. It was not present(or a problem) some time ago, and as many, i suspect the creators upgrade to be the introducing incident.

Is the feedback hub the only way to notify the developers of this system breaking bug?

Regards,

Jeppe F., Dec 8, 2016
  3. Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs

Very true,

Its shocking all of the bugs and lag.

I've noticed that the music app is stupidly slow and basically trash.

some things are best reverted back to how they originally were.

Windows forever :), Dec 8, 2016
  4. Weird bug where system specific things are very slow.

Welcome to the forum.

With regards to right clicking. The little menu window is called your context menus should you wish to research further within the forum and google.

You likely have to cleanup / adjust what is in your context menu. See this thread.

'Properties' option not accessible in Right Click Menu

As to admin privileges ... this sounds like UAC - User Account Control. Are you trying to disable it or you just don't want the prompt. Did the "hack" you found just disable UAC?

As an overall check you could run sfc /scannow from a Command Prompt Run as Administrator.

Caledon Ken, Dec 9, 2016
  5. agrzesiak Win User
    I don't think it has anything to do with various added options in the menu. The hack I found was as simple as just opening a program that asks for admin privileges. I don't even need to click yes for the oddity to go away.

agrzesiak, Dec 10, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, Do you see the same delay in Safe Mode?

I'd agree with Caledon Ken that the first thing to try (it's quite easy) is the effect of disabling all context menu entries just to see if any of them is giving rise to a problem. Hoping for an instant 'fix' as an obscure 'hack' to solve an issue arising in using file explorer like this really isn't the way to go.

Download install and run Shellexview (easy to find, free), hide all MS entries (very important) and disable all others. Then compare performance.

If improved, identify the culprit. If no change, also try a clean boot and check again.

Finally re-enable them and post back.

Please post a screenshot of your task manager when your PC is nominally idle.

dalchina, Dec 10, 2016
  7. agrzesiak Win User
    The menu glitch is just one symptom. There is slowness associated with everything to do with the built-in features: scrolling, windows explorer, changing colors when hovering, etc. I will boot into safe mode later and see if that helps. I will also do a before and after pic of the task manager.

agrzesiak, Dec 11, 2016
  8. Weird bug where system specific things are very slow.

Have you opened a command prompt as Administrator and run SFC /Scannow

Caledon Ken, Dec 11, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    .. try Safe Mode first - that's easier. If your system is responsive then, it's more likely to be sthg installed. If it's not, you have other problems, and I would start with

From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

and then
    SFC /SCANNOW
    from a an admin command prompt.

Note: it's relatively common that this fails, and a failure is probably unrelated to your system being slow, but worth doing as a basic starting point.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Weird bug where system specific things are very slow.

1. Weird bug where system specific things are very slow. - Similar Threads - Weird bug where

2. very weird youtube bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    very weird youtube bug: so i have a bug on youtube where for some reason if i search or do anything the url stays as youtube.com so when im watching a video and i want to go back it takes me back to the normal microsoft page it also makes it impossible to copy video links because for some reason it...
  3. very weird youtube bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    very weird youtube bug: so i have a bug on youtube where for some reason if i search or do anything the url stays as youtube.com so when im watching a video and i want to go back it takes me back to the normal microsoft page it also makes it impossible to copy video links because for some reason it...
  4. System very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System very slow: Hi This Prabhu I am using windows 10 21H1 normal 1TB SATA Hard Disk system very slow pls tell me the solution's. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-very-slow/845918ae-51c6-4a86-bbea-29642cd1f3d6
  5. System very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System very slow: Hi This Prabhu I am using windows 10 21H1 normal 1TB SATA Hard Disk system very slow pls tell me the solution's. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-very-slow/845918ae-51c6-4a86-bbea-29642cd1f3d6
  6. System very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. This very weird thing happens to me, WHY?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    This very weird thing happens to me, WHY?: This thing is happening to me, if I hover over an app then move away my cursor, this happens. It stops every time I restart my laptop, my comes back in a bit, it may sound as a small thing, but is blocks words, and isannoying overall. Please If you have a fix tell me, I can't...
  8. Very weird startup bug

Very weird startup bug: Okay, so I've been running into this problem every couple days or so when I start my PC I turn off my PC every night Windows starts to bot -> goes to start screen -> loads forever and doesn't start So how I've been being able to fix the problem every time this happens is...
  9. Very weird brightness bug WIndos 10

Very weird brightness bug WIndos 10: When I adjust the brightness on my yoga 720 laptop, it'll show the indicator changing but it won't change the brightness at first. The brightness changes to the level I set it to only after I scroll for a bit in a browser. Couldn't find anything about this specific problem...
  10. system very slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    system very slow: Hello I was using win 7 home 64 bit, everything was ok, but after upgrade to win 10 home, the laptop fan work very fast, and i feel heating under the keybord, also the system become very slow sometimes.. firefox not respondingm and its tak 20 sec to open a website, etc.....