Windows 10: Weird Ctrl+Alt+Delete Secure Login

Discus and support Weird Ctrl+Alt+Delete Secure Login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Somehow, Secure Login was turned on and I cannot seem to turn it off. Not sure if a windows update enabled it or not. So far, I've tried the registry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ChadBonk, Feb 7, 2018.

1. ChadBonk Win User

Weird Ctrl+Alt+Delete Secure Login

Somehow, Secure Login was turned on and I cannot seem to turn it off. Not sure if a windows update enabled it or not. So far, I've tried the registry edit of Disable CAD, I've tried netplwiz and under advance, however that option is greyed out and cannot click off the option. I also have the home edtion therefore cannot go into Local Group Policy to change either. Any suggestions to turn this off?

:)

ChadBonk, Feb 7, 2018

2. Lock screen problem after Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3118754)

I had a similar issue: after updating Windows 10 to 1511, the lock screen required Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get to the login prompt. Before the update, tapping any key would reveal the login prompt.

I was able to fix this issue by enabling and then disabling the "secure sign-in" feature of Windows (which requires Ctrl+Alt+Delete to login). Here are the steps I used:

• Press Win+R to open the Run dialog, then type netplwiz and click
      OK.
    • Click on the Advanced tab.
    • At this point, I saw that the checkbox labeled Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete was unchecked, even though the lock screen did require Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Check the box labeled Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and click
      Apply.
    • Uncheck the box labeled Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and click Apply.
    • Test by locking the screen using Win+L, then press any key to reveal the login prompt.
    Credit goes to this page on tenforums.com for help on enabling/disabling secure sign-in:

Enable or Disable Secure Sign-in with Ctrl+Alt+Delete in Windows 10

Eric Stollnitz, Feb 7, 2018
  3. Lock screen settings won't change, no error message.

I too have the same issue, though it's related to my ctrl-alt-delete login.

If I disable ctrl-alt-delete login it works, but I kind of need my ctrl alt delete Weird Ctrl+Alt+Delete Secure Login :p.

How is there not a fix for this? Win 8.1 locked screens worked fine with ctrl-alt-delete.

matrimforever, Feb 7, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

Bree, Feb 7, 2018
  5. ChadBonk Win User
    Sorry... that option doesn't apply to Windows 10 Home Users which is what I have. Thank you tho

ChadBonk, Feb 7, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Weird Ctrl+Alt+Delete Secure Login - Similar Threads - Weird Ctrl+Alt+Delete Secure

2. ctrl alt delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctrl alt delete: Hello Microsoft peopleI have a question is using control alt delete to shut down your PC have any side effects, Or does it work just like a regular shutdown? My friend was having problems with his PC, and I thought that might be it. If you shut your PC down improperly enough,...
  3. ctrl alt delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ctrl alt delete: Hello Microsoft peopleI have a question is using control alt delete to shut down your PC have any side effects, Or does it work just like a regular shutdown? My friend was having problems with his PC, and I thought that might be it. If you shut your PC down improperly enough,...
  4. about ctrl alt del login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    about ctrl alt del login: hi i want to know how to use ctrl alt del to login on my pc and to change it to ctrl alt del to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-ctrl-alt-del-login/3f403214-0b1b-4d35-ba8d-53bf33a20781
  5. about ctrl alt del login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    about ctrl alt del login: hi i want to know how to use ctrl alt del to login on my pc and to change it to ctrl alt del to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-ctrl-alt-del-login/3f403214-0b1b-4d35-ba8d-53bf33a20781
  6. ctrl+alt+delete

in Windows 10 Customization
    ctrl+alt+delete: ctrl+alt+delete[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E4%B8%BA%E4%BB%80%E4%B9%88%E6%8C%89ctrlaltdelete/56e61828-5b0a-4cc2-a5b0-a9f6a8d1d39f
  7. Forced to ctrl+Alt +Del to login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forced to ctrl+Alt +Del to login: Running windows 10 completely updated When I boot up my HP Envy 17 inch laptop it arrives at the lock screen. Clicking any key on the keyboard DOES NOT get me to the password/PIN prompt neither does the on screen keyboard. I need to click my mouse to bring up the...
  8. CTRL, ALT + DELETE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CTRL, ALT + DELETE: CTRL, ALT + DELETE Microsoft 10, programmers, managers, CTO, and CFO. The worst machine, I have ever owned. 1. Driver compatibility issues. Microsoft Drivers!!! 2. Slow internet connections. 3. HP Support Assistant drivers are not for pro computers, even though...
  9. CTRL-ALT-DELETE at login not always working

in Windows 10 Customization
    CTRL-ALT-DELETE at login not always working: Hello all I want users to be able to login via VPN on the Windows 10 login screen. I followed the instructions in this link: https://blog.lan-tech.ca/2013/03/02/windows-8-connect-to-vpn-before-logon/ This works when I log out of the user session but when I reboot the PC,...
  10. Ctrl Alt Delete not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl Alt Delete not working: My Win10 HP laptop freezes often and when attempts are made to use Ctrl Alt Delete it no longer works-period- .. All I can do is power off .. there is no workaround so far that I have found. PLEASE HELP!...