Windows 10: Weird cursor problem on 1 monitor with dual screen(pictures available)

Discus and support Weird cursor problem on 1 monitor with dual screen(pictures available) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello, I have been using dual screen for a while now. But recently my mouse has been changing randomly on my second monitor. When I start my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Janickz, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Janickz Win User

Weird cursor problem on 1 monitor with dual screen(pictures available)

hello,

I have been using dual screen for a while now. But recently my mouse has been changing randomly on my second monitor. When I start my PC theres litterally no problem but after a while the cursor randomly changes to what you can see on the pictures below. I'm not using a custom cursor.
    The only difference between the 2 monitors is that one is connected with HDMI and 1 is connected with a DVI kable into a DVI to DP converter on the graphics card. The HDMI monitor is the one ruining it.

(sorry for the bad picture quality, my cursor does not display on screenshots and I couldn't find how to change that)

Weird cursor problem on 1 monitor with dual screen(pictures available) [​IMG]

Weird cursor problem on 1 monitor with dual screen(pictures available) [​IMG]

The picture with the black box is the cursor hovering a textbox.

:)

Janickz, Oct 28, 2016
  2. TomEPike Win User

Screensaver slideshow does not display correctly whith dual monitors set to "extend desktop"

Objective: I have dual monitors (as an extended desktop, side by side) and want it to show my own pictures as a screensaver slideshow in Windows 10.

Problem: Only the lower half ot the picture is diplayes in the top half of monitor 1. Monitor 2 is black.

Addtional observations:

• In "Screen Saver Settings" the small mock-up display looks fine, however when i select "Preview" the problem with only half the picture displayed occurs also in the preview.
    • The problem does not occur with only one monitor in use
    • The problem does not occur with dual monitors set to "Duplicate these displays"

Gratefull for all suggestions to solve the problem

The same picture also work fine as desctop background with different pictures displayed on each monitor.

TomEPike, Oct 28, 2016
  3. Dual monitor in Windows 10

The cursor glitches problem mentioned in another post is exacerbated with dual monitors. The cursor randomly jumps from one monitor to another making the second monitor unusable.

RobMacmillan, Oct 28, 2016
Thema:

Weird cursor problem on 1 monitor with dual screen(pictures available)

1. Weird cursor problem on 1 monitor with dual screen(pictures available) - Similar Threads - Weird cursor problem

2. Cursor moving weird between laptop and monitor screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor moving weird between laptop and monitor screen: i am using a laptop and monitor set up. my monitor is physically bigger than my laptop screen. is there a way i can "enlarge" my monitor screen so that when my cursor travels from the extreme corner of my laptop screen, it does not get blocked?...
  3. Cursor moving weird between laptop and monitor screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor moving weird between laptop and monitor screen: i am using a laptop and monitor set up. my monitor is physically bigger than my laptop screen. is there a way i can "enlarge" my monitor screen so that when my cursor travels from the extreme corner of my laptop screen, it does not get blocked?...
  4. dual monitor problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dual monitor problem: Dear Microsoft I recently added a second monitor to my computer on the DVI port with a DVI to VGA adapter. Since then the usb Wifi adapter on the back panel of the motherboard usb, stops working and windows is disconnected from the network. When I disconnect the second screen...
  5. DUAL Monitor problems

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DUAL Monitor problems: Hair Tearing Time I am having more issues getting dual displays to function properly on W10. It seems to be two fold. Resolution and PnP detection. Same two monitors on Win 7 machine work just fine. Here is the setup. 4 Desktops.3 run Win7 one runs Win10Startech KVM 4 port...
  6. Dual Monitor Problem, Post only to 1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Problem, Post only to 1: When trying to install my dual monitors and set them up, my kitten walked across the keyboard and pressed the enter key and entered on the Post to only 1 which now only allows all information to show up on only 1 screen . Both screens are the same. I have tried every way...
  7. Dual monitor problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor problem: Hopefully someone can help me with this, My main monitor is connected to the HDMI (GT 1030) My second monitor is connected to the VGA on my motherboard. Last night I got it to work by going to bios and changing the display to VGA first. So my dual screen was working fine....
  8. Dual monitors weird glitches?

Dual monitors weird glitches?: Some things don't show up correctly on my second monitor things like my steam opens up across my monitors for some reason, any things like the exit fullscreen youtube popups are in the wrong spot[IMG][ATTACH] My monitor configuration: [ATTACH] Monitor 1 is a 2560x1080p 75...
  9. Problem with dual monitor screen resolution

Problem with dual monitor screen resolution: In Windows 10 with a IntelR Hd Graphics. Both are identical hp monitor with same 1920 x 1080 native resolution. When I extend the display, for some reason both monitors take on the primary monitor's native resolution, leaving black bars above and below the work area on the...
  10. dual monitor problem

dual monitor problem: I replaced a smaller monitor with a dell se2417hg monitor to match the first monitor. The computer will not recognize it, it shows up only as generic pnp, and even after going in and updating the driver, it will not give me the resolution option that I need to make the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. different mouse pointers on each screen in dual screen setup

2. windows 10 strange cursor with duel moniotor