Windows 10: Weird desktop bug

Discus and support Weird desktop bug in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I was doing some things and then all of the sudden my desktop and taskbar were gone! the windows i had currently open at the time were completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JellyNutShell, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Weird desktop bug

So I was doing some things and then all of the sudden my desktop and taskbar were gone! the windows i had currently open at the time were completely stable but everything else was black and empty here's a picture:
    Weird desktop bug [​IMG]

:)

JellyNutShell, Sep 7, 2016
  2. v1ktor Win User

Windows switches to 2nd desktop after screen turns off and back on

Here's an interesting "bug" as it appears. My PC is set to turn off screen after 15 minutes (not sleep mode). If I have 2 desktops (in Task View) and I leave my computer on desktop 1 and screen turns off. When I come back and turn screen on (moving my mouse),
    it always comes on on desktop 2. No matter what. This seems to be a bug. Or is it some weird setting?

Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.16299

v1ktor, Sep 7, 2016
  3. All of a sudden, my desktop is greyed out and the main running windows is duplicated or cloned out and every thing that happens on that main windows shows on the other duplicated window including

<Original title: Weird and Nasty Windows 10 Bug [Cloned Application, Greyed-Out Desktop]>

Seriously, I don't know what creates this annoying bug. It's so annoying and happens at random. I can be watching my videos, reading an article and all of a sudden, my desktop is greyed out and the main running windows is duplicated or cloned out and every
    thing that happens on that main windows shows on the other duplicated window including.. just watch this video and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's been happening for months between builds and not of them fix it. I just did a clean install as well so
    its not that.

Weird and Nasty Windows 10 Bug [Cloned Application, Greyed-Out Desktop]

TheCFCHenri, Sep 7, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Weird desktop bug

Looks like explorer has crashed and not restarted.
    What happens if you relaunch it via the task manager?
    (Press CTRL+SHifT +ESC together, File, Run new task, type
    explorer
    )

Or restart or log off/on (e.g. via CTRL + ALT + DEL).

Then check your Reliability History for an explorer crash and see if you can learn anything.
    (just type
    reliability
    in Cortana's search bar and click on Reliability History and inspect the reports marked with an x).

dalchina, Sep 8, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    Another thing you can check is Event Viewer to see if there are any explorer related issues.

swarfega, Sep 8, 2016
  6. Oh I found the problem I got file explorer confused with windows explorer so I went to task mgr to close it because it was lagging and then it happened

JellyNutShell, Sep 8, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Ok.. File explorer is now the formal name (isn't it confusing) for explorer.exe 'explorer', contrasted with Internet explorer.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Weird desktop bug

1. Weird desktop bug - Similar Threads - Weird desktop bug

2. Weird bug with the Windows 10 taskbar and Firefox

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird bug with the Windows 10 taskbar and Firefox: I'm having this bug with Firefox I can't solve. Windows 10 (pro 1909) taskbar is set to automatically hide and should unhide when I move my cursor to the bottom of the screen. This works with any program or app but Firefox. With Firefox maximized the taskbar never unhides...
  3. Weird power menu bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird power menu bug: [ATTACH] What is this power menu bug? https://preview.redd.it/dfgif0wfrvy31.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=0ff493ddd81e1bc13bb43670b45bfa4ebdc2c3a5 https://preview.redd.it/wpw8xmwfrvy31.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=cb98f4665e3f6d93d32073f33082a84e24cb29c4...
  4. weird file on desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    weird file on desktop.: For some reason this random empty file (no file type) with the name "..." appeared yesterday. I've done windows updates, virus scans, restarted and shut down my computer and cleaned up some space but the file will not go away. It randomly keeps moving all over my desktop,...
  5. Weird background bug.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird background bug.: For some reason, my background would change into a different picture for no reason, I can't even find the picture in any of my PCs files. The picture below is what it gets changed to.[ATTACH]...
  6. Desktop BUG.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop BUG.: Before the my Hp laptop was reset, There's a Bug causing the Windows 10 desktop icon sketch and can't fit many icon as it will disappear due the screen resolution of it.I don't have any idea to fix it. [ATTACH]...
  7. Very weird brightness bug WIndos 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very weird brightness bug WIndos 10: When I adjust the brightness on my yoga 720 laptop, it'll show the indicator changing but it won't change the brightness at first. The brightness changes to the level I set it to only after I scroll for a bit in a browser. Couldn't find anything about this specific problem...
  8. Weird taskbar bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird taskbar bug: So, since I updated to Windows 10 my taskbar is running weird. It hides only sometimes, and it's a bit laggy. Today I was using my PC as usual and all of a sudden every OS window/menu became buggy: taskbar, start button would not come up, alt-tab wasn't working, task...
  9. Windows 10 weird bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 weird bug: Hi there, i am new to the forums and as such, i do not know if this is the right section to place my question, so i apologize in advance. Here's the problem: some days ago my computer started freaking out when i turned it on, as in slow loading to a black screen with mouse,...
  10. Weird windows 10 bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird windows 10 bug: Just about every time I start windows 10 it works perfectly fine but after a while the text in the start menu starts to disappear and the text also becomes glitchy looking blocks and lines. 19762