Windows 10: Weird desktop bug

Discus and support Weird desktop bug in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I was doing some things and then all of the sudden my desktop and taskbar were gone! the windows i had currently open at the time were completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JellyNutShell, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Weird desktop bug

So I was doing some things and then all of the sudden my desktop and taskbar were gone! the windows i had currently open at the time were completely stable but everything else was black and empty here's a picture:
    Weird desktop bug [​IMG]

:)

JellyNutShell, Sep 7, 2016
  2. v1ktor Win User

Windows switches to 2nd desktop after screen turns off and back on

Here's an interesting "bug" as it appears. My PC is set to turn off screen after 15 minutes (not sleep mode). If I have 2 desktops (in Task View) and I leave my computer on desktop 1 and screen turns off. When I come back and turn screen on (moving my mouse),
    it always comes on on desktop 2. No matter what. This seems to be a bug. Or is it some weird setting?

Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.16299

v1ktor, Sep 7, 2016
  3. All of a sudden, my desktop is greyed out and the main running windows is duplicated or cloned out and every thing that happens on that main windows shows on the other duplicated window including

<Original title: Weird and Nasty Windows 10 Bug [Cloned Application, Greyed-Out Desktop]>

Seriously, I don't know what creates this annoying bug. It's so annoying and happens at random. I can be watching my videos, reading an article and all of a sudden, my desktop is greyed out and the main running windows is duplicated or cloned out and every
    thing that happens on that main windows shows on the other duplicated window including.. just watch this video and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's been happening for months between builds and not of them fix it. I just did a clean install as well so
    its not that.

Weird and Nasty Windows 10 Bug [Cloned Application, Greyed-Out Desktop]

TheCFCHenri, Sep 7, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Weird desktop bug

Looks like explorer has crashed and not restarted.
    What happens if you relaunch it via the task manager?
    (Press CTRL+SHifT +ESC together, File, Run new task, type
    explorer
    )

Or restart or log off/on (e.g. via CTRL + ALT + DEL).

Then check your Reliability History for an explorer crash and see if you can learn anything.
    (just type
    reliability
    in Cortana's search bar and click on Reliability History and inspect the reports marked with an x).

dalchina, Sep 8, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    Another thing you can check is Event Viewer to see if there are any explorer related issues.

swarfega, Sep 8, 2016
  6. Oh I found the problem I got file explorer confused with windows explorer so I went to task mgr to close it because it was lagging and then it happened

JellyNutShell, Sep 8, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Ok.. File explorer is now the formal name (isn't it confusing) for explorer.exe 'explorer', contrasted with Internet explorer.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Weird desktop bug

1. Weird desktop bug - Similar Threads - Weird desktop bug

2. this weird bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this weird bug: When i type w or p a slash randomly appears how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-weird-bug/7f1fa133-c0a1-45bf-b646-20c500718c90
  3. this weird bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    this weird bug: When i type w or p a slash randomly appears how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-weird-bug/7f1fa133-c0a1-45bf-b646-20c500718c90
  4. this weird bug

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Weird bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird bug: Hi! So, I was playing Star Wars: The Old Republic on my PC, it went well for several days, nothing much happened. But after 4 days, something strange started happening. So when I'm playing the game, Windows just randomly restarts. I did look into Event Viewer and found that...
  6. Weird "bug"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird "bug": Google Chrome (8) is the real one... The other tasks open in background and lags my pc... Any solutions? ty submitted by /u/ceo_aratify [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ll9d68/weird_bug/
  7. Weird bug

Weird bug: My taskbar is floating after my sister was messing around on my pc. It’s usually on the very bottom. Does anyone have a fix? submitted by /u/ryanrice789 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khvzat/weird_bug/
  8. A weird desktop bug i have

A weird desktop bug i have: [ATTACH] Hi, a while ago I have run into a weird issue. Whenever I hover over an icon on my desktop (blue), or select (hold left-click) something (red), this green thing shows up. Could a big brain person help me?...
  9. Weird background bug.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird background bug.: For some reason, my background would change into a different picture for no reason, I can't even find the picture in any of my PCs files. The picture below is what it gets changed to.[ATTACH]...
  10. Weird taskbar bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird taskbar bug: So, since I updated to Windows 10 my taskbar is running weird. It hides only sometimes, and it's a bit laggy. Today I was using my PC as usual and all of a sudden every OS window/menu became buggy: taskbar, start button would not come up, alt-tab wasn't working, task...