Windows 10: Weird download problems.

Discus and support Weird download problems. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi hope someone can help, I've all but given up ! Just over a month ago some Edge glitches plagued me, a multitude of little things not working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by [Mike]#, Jul 19, 2018.

1. [Mike]# Win User

Weird download problems.

Hi hope someone can help, I've all but given up !

Just over a month ago some Edge glitches plagued me, a multitude of little things not working properly.

One of the most annoying was that it refused to download anything that wasn't a picture.

I spent ages, most evenings, looking online to see if this sort of thing was common, and trying to

find a way to uninstall and reinstall Edge.

After nothing worked and edge was repeatedly described as integral to win10 and unadvisable to remove,

I finally resorted to a repair install of win10.

It seems to have dealt with most problems I was having, but I still get no history and sadly still cannot

use edge to download. I moved the download area as was suggested.

I recall seeing something that said, and I might be slightly wrong (mming),

"the browser makes a cache folder to store downloads", and gave me directions to change how it did this.

I remember seeing it was set at zero size and thought I'd found my answer, but it wouldn't permit me to

change the value to anything other than 8, giving an error (basically a wrist smack, no details) yet the box

itself said the minim was iirc 150. Even with 8 in the setting it just forgot it after. I went back three or

four times, zero again.

I cannot find the place that gave me this info and I don't remember how to get the setting back,

but even if I could I'd have that same problem.

Oh, I forgot to say, when attempting to make a download, the word "Refresh(f5)" appears in the top left

of the screen. It doesn't actually refresh the web page though.

So, although i hope nobody had/has any of these problems, i also hope someone out there can help me with mine?

Thanks in advance !

:)

[Mike]#, Jul 19, 2018
  2. Shuyin03 Win User

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Senarium Win User
    Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    • Another Windows 7
    • Another HDD
    • Only HDD connected
    • Changed RAM
    • Tried with built in GPU
    • Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

Senarium, Jul 19, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Weird download problems.

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Weird download problems.

1. Weird download problems. - Similar Threads - Weird download problems

2. Weird problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird problem: 2 days ago, I bought a new laptop that comes with windows 11 OS. Then, I uninstalled the McAfee antivirus because I don't want it. Then, my bluetooth can't work anymore right after that uninstallation of McAfee anti virus. Then, I proceeded to use system restore to revert the...
  3. Weird problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird problem: 2 days ago, I bought a new laptop that comes with windows 11 OS. Then, I uninstalled the McAfee antivirus because I don't want it. Then, my bluetooth can't work anymore right after that uninstallation of McAfee anti virus. Then, I proceeded to use system restore to revert the...
  4. Weird problem . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird problem . . .: My name is, Dana. This is my problem I have a dual boot computer running Windows 10 and Windows 11 excuse my punctuation I'm speaking into a microphone and I don't really want to go back and correct it so do your best to read it I have a pin setup that I use for both Windows...
  5. Weird problem . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird problem . . .: My name is, Dana. This is my problem I have a dual boot computer running Windows 10 and Windows 11 excuse my punctuation I'm speaking into a microphone and I don't really want to go back and correct it so do your best to read it I have a pin setup that I use for both Windows...
  6. Weird problem . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. There is a weird problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There is a weird problem: There is a weird problem in my computer. When I plugged my charger at my computer and I tried to open games like Valorant etc., I could not open game game gave errors about internet connection or there is a another example, I opened another game like offline game and I want...
  8. Download speed weird

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Download speed weird: So on my xbox one and nintendo switch the download speed is about 20-30 mbps. My pc however sometimes struggles to reach 1.2mbps. They are all in the same room more or less a meter away from each other. The pc is the only one using an ethernet cable but even when I take it...
  9. weird problem?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    weird problem?: Hello. You can call me Ayman. My english isnt good, so i'm sorry for that. My pc is running Windows 10 Pro since 2 months, and its running smoothly till this day. without an obvious reason, the PC just became trash, after a while of the start up or even in a game the PC...
  10. Weird lagging problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird lagging problem: Hello guys, I'm new here, very pleased in Windows 10, but have one problem. I've installed Windows 10 on my HP ProBook 6540b last week. It was running perfect and very fast, and it still does, but sometimes (after maybe 1-2 hours of use) it starts lagging like hell, and I...