Windows 10: Weird error with in Event Viewer - 'Windows didn't shut down porperly'

Discus and support Weird error with in Event Viewer - 'Windows didn't shut down porperly' in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently built me a new computer to move from my old one. It posts and windows installed correctly. I installed the Ethernet port (killer) and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theelemntal, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Weird error with in Event Viewer - 'Windows didn't shut down porperly'

I recently built me a new computer to move from my old one. It posts and windows installed correctly. I installed the Ethernet port (killer) and everything is working fine. It shuts down normally, but when I start it back up and looked under event viewer, it says that windows didn't shut down properly. Which is quite weird. I just updated the bios. I don't know if Windows being windows, or my Mobo wants to do a complete shutdown, but windows wants to do the 'fast startup'
    MOBO: MSI M5 gaming Z270
    GPU: MSI GTX 1070
    RAM: Gskill 16GB

:)

theelemntal, Mar 21, 2017
  2. Catbat Win User

Windows 10 Pink screen of death upon startup

I tried what you said, but it didn't work. According to the event viewer app, "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

Catbat, Mar 21, 2017
  3. Slow Shut down and kernel 41 error in event viewer both windows8/10

Hdd and memory both error free after test

BigBoss4491, Mar 21, 2017
  4. Weird error with in Event Viewer - 'Windows didn't shut down porperly'

Hi theelemntal

If you want to disable Fast Startup on a single case hold the shift key down when you click shutdown.

If you want to disable on a more permanent basis...

Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

While your system reported it did not shut down properly are there other event preceding this that would indicate what caused the "improper" shutdown?

Do you get the improper shutdown every time you shutdown?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 22, 2017
  5. Well, no other reports, just that saying 'Critical' windows didn't shut down properly. I disable fast startup, shut down and started it back up and the error didn't reappeared. Seems that the Motherboard wanted to do a full shutdown, but Windows wanted do it's silly feature. I know why I never liked that feature. :c

theelemntal, Mar 22, 2017
  6. Great. You now have a way to disable permanently or on demand. Seems to be a wave of builds going on with the new Z200 series chipsets.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 22, 2017
  7. Seems so.. Thanks for the help. *Biggrin

theelemntal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Weird error with in Event Viewer - 'Windows didn't shut down porperly'

1. Weird error with in Event Viewer - 'Windows didn't shut down porperly' - Similar Threads - Weird error Event

2. weird warning logged in event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird warning logged in event viewer: my pc for no reason "refreshed" so i went to the event logger and found this warning that was recent, im worried it might be some sort of malware im not familiar stuff so some explanations would be appreciated- <Event...
  3. weird warning logged in event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weird warning logged in event viewer: my pc for no reason "refreshed" so i went to the event logger and found this warning that was recent, im worried it might be some sort of malware im not familiar stuff so some explanations would be appreciated- <Event...
  4. Windows didn't shut down cleanly

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows didn't shut down cleanly: I have Dell XPS8700. After a windows update last June, my computer wouldn't shut down in the normal way. After messing about, looking for a solution for weeks, I discovered that I couldn't open Intel Rapid Storage Technology software, & that it had been corrupted. Once I had...
  5. Weird shut down issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird shut down issue: Good day all, I am a fairly literate windows user but am having a strange problem lately. My ASUS laptop keeps shutting down after closing the lid. I have the power controls set to sleep when closing the lid. When I open the lid it immediately starts up. I do not have to hit...
  6. Weird Source in event viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Source in event viewer: I was looking for the process that was preventing my shutdown in Event Viewer, I found it and it was BTServer.exe that was stopping it, but the Source of it was called Winsrv, I did a goole search on it and it said that it was a trojan, I have strong doubt because it said...
  7. Laptop Didn't Shut Down Last Night Gives Weird Pop up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Didn't Shut Down Last Night Gives Weird Pop up: [ATTACH] At around 11:15PM last night, I pressed Shut down and my laptop turned off (Lenovo Yoga C940 14"). The next day, I open the lid and it appears to have woke from sleep as it just showed the lock screen. The laptop did shut down yesterday as the power light was off....
  8. Event Viewer Shutting Down Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event Viewer Shutting Down Problem: I'm having a problem with Event Viewer. When I open it and start to examine or clear some logs, the Event Viewer suddenly shuts down on its own. Does anyone have a solution?...
  9. Event Viewer shuts down on its own unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event Viewer shuts down on its own unexpectedly: I frequently have a problem with the Event Viewer. After opening it and viewing one of the log files (typically Windows Logs>Application), the Event Viewer will suddenly just close on its own. Any ideas how to fix this?...
  10. Weird event viewer errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird event viewer errors: Hello, Event Viewer is showing the following errors: The User Data Storage_Session1 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service. The User Data Access_Session1 service...