Windows 10: Weird file appeared with file type of kdiw

Discus and support Weird file appeared with file type of kdiw in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I have a weird file that just showed up in a folder titled gigeg. It is in the users/appdata/local path. File is uhgawgi.kdiw. Any idea what the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by geoffamorse, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Weird file appeared with file type of kdiw

So I have a weird file that just showed up in a folder titled gigeg. It is in the users/appdata/local path. File is uhgawgi.kdiw. Any idea what the heck this is?

:)

geoffamorse, Mar 22, 2018

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Mar 22, 2018
  3. Reinstall WM 6.5 OS on Samsung B7320

Hello. I guess it is not possible. Other posts on the web had no success. I suppose you could contact Samsung about it. The .nef file appears to be a Nikon image file. That seems to be a weird way to save it. You would think it would be a database type
    file format.

Resourceful, Mar 22, 2018
  4. Edwin New Member

Weird file appeared with file type of kdiw

Right click on the folder/file and choose Properties for more info.

Edwin, Mar 22, 2018
  5. I already tried that and got no additional information.

6. pepanee Win User
    How big is the file?

If it's small (less than a few Megabytes, or such), open the file in Notepad. You'll most likely see a bunch of gibberish.. You don't mind taking a screen shot of it and posting it here?

1) Make Notepad the focused window (click on Notepad)
    2) ALT+Print Screen (this takes a screen shot of only Notepad)
    3) Go down to the Reply part of this post and Paste it there: CTRL + V

Check out this example I just did. I opened an EXE file in Notepad. The first few letters say "MZ". This implies that it's an executable file.

I did a bit of research online, and any file that starts with MZ, is an executable:
    mz file exe - Bing

Weird file appeared with file type of kdiw [​IMG]

pepanee, Mar 22, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
  8. Weird file appeared with file type of kdiw

File size is 5 KB. Screen capture below. This is part of it, I did not see the MZ anywhere.

碉秡ꤡꁶ위䋓ҫﶔ믲㝫﻽쎳츂᪼佟鷵ሀꝘ➳鋧출ꢅፅ雧띟蜕⒴䄓戟횵墋셒⺋ꍸ鎌㪤ႇ迌蚴䫮扛⒣멫治慉郸谅叏疆㡓錒ⱨ琢서⬔㇟钑낱醿ై잖薲韒瘨乙⫘쀟掯溵劒怒腡䊗䩿懫㦆ᤗ咳茻▇仲◤峘 黗柱켩介ꋍܮ⺸읆摔嚡㋊춄埉椰⏡엩༗ꋽ䠽伟喭䲗䳠쭀䵼绩䲦㘬嚢㶴휉螗鴤ጿ蜿ያ㗰싪Ჯϻ씺ஃ㦦쌕湰ꅨふ㹴ᦥྎࠧ㩪쵶鎲

9. pepanee Win User
    Aha.. I see. Your computer is turning international on us.

Quite honestly, I've seen files with the Asian characters before, which I find very strange. (Yet I've seen stuff like this on my computer before, so no worries)
    This doesn't look like an essential Windows File.

This is what I would do:
    1) I would rename the file from uhgawgi.kdiw to 1uhgawgi.kdiw
    2) Restart the computer (the computer should restart with no problem)
    3) Give it a few days, if you see no application giving you an error about it, then I would delete it. Yet if an application states that this file is missing, then we found that app that uses it.
    4) Honestly with my experience of Windows 10, which is something that I DO NOT recommend (yet it works for me), if there's a file that I don't like, I simply rename / give it a few days / delete. If it is was an essential computer file, Windows 10 is advanced enough to recover and bring it back.

pepanee, Mar 22, 2018
  10. Well, tried the rename and it would just appear back in the folder again, as soon as I did the rename. But I was able to get rid of it. From task manager, I disabled it in the startup tab (there was a second weird file there too in a different directory that I disabled). Rebooted (so it didn't come in again) and was able to then delete out the weird file.

geoffamorse, Mar 23, 2018
  11. pepanee Win User
    Weird files be everywhere.

Do a simple analysis to see where those two weirdos are at.
    Go back to Task Manager > Startup tab > Right click on the other weird file > Open file location. (The other one not in gigged folder)
    File Explorer will open. Look at that location. Is it a folder of some program you installed in the past/not using anymore? Analyze that folder. If it sounds strange and you don't know it, post back here. I'll see if I can help you research that folder on the internet, see what it's all about. Do the same thing for that second weird file.

Let's get rid of the weird things in life.

pepanee, Mar 23, 2018
  12. pepanee Win User
    EDIT:
    Sorry I forgot that you found that first file in the giggeg folder. Which is what I was trying to reach at. But do the same step above for the second file.

Also, what does it say for Publisher in Task Manager. Maybe that would help us figure out what that is.

pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Weird file appeared with file type of kdiw

1. Weird file appeared with file type of kdiw - Similar Threads - Weird file appeared

2. weird files just appeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    weird files just appeared: so i was just using my pc and i go into my hard drive and all these weird files appeared and i'm not sure what to do with them and the weird thing is i haven't had my pc since 2007 so like...
  3. 66 GB of weird files suddenly appeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    66 GB of weird files suddenly appeared: Hello, I would like to ask you for help. Every 2-4 weeks I do backup of all my personal files from my PC to an external HDD. All the files and directories on the HDD are duplicates of those on the PC so I have everything twice and I do the backup by syncing the HDD according...
  4. Convert file type=file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Convert file type=file: I have old files that I can't open on my Windows 10 PC. File explorer says the file type is file. What can I do? submitted by /u/Neil-Jacobson [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gpdvqt/convert_file_typefile/
  5. file types

file types: OK to delete an ESD file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-types/2b7a6d85-cf63-4b57-9383-b7b28dfd249a"
  6. File Extension and file type

File Extension and file type: Recently I came to know the in some directories, all my file type and extension are changed to CAAVME File (.caavme). When I open, its not opening. There is a file in every directory with the name "CAAVME-DECRYPT" and it contents: ---= GANDCRAB V5.0.4 =---...
  7. weird file appeared after update to ver1809

in Windows 10 Support
    weird file appeared after update to ver1809: Hi, I don't know if this is a problem for sure but I noticed that my C: drive suddenly lost 10 gb of free space. Looking at C: directory I noticed a folder titled 100 that used 9.91 gb that I didn't remember being their before; its subfolder 880 and 880 s subfolder has WINSxS...
  8. Weird folder appeared in Users tab in file explorer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird folder appeared in Users tab in file explorer: After an update, I found a new user in my Users folder in the file explorer. It seems to have all of the files my user has, but it has a weird name. I'm not sure if I was hacked or if it is a glitch, please help....
  9. Weird "No Name" Window appearing in taskbar w/ media files ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird "No Name" Window appearing in taskbar w/ media files ?: so was doing a bit of music organising and transferring same with movies etc. but every time im dealing with a media file this thing pops up. when hovering over it it clearly shows WMP window. but clicking on it does nothing.. anyone know how to fix this ? i thought this was...
  10. Weird file appearing on windows explorer "recent files"

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird file appearing on windows explorer "recent files": Hi everyone my name is Rod and I have a weird "problem" and not sure if I should worry if at all, it's my first time posting here and if I make any mistakes I apologize in advance. I recently did a fresh install of win10 x64 on my HTPC and everything works fine except for...