Windows 10: Weird file appearing on windows explorer "recent files"

Discus and support Weird file appearing on windows explorer "recent files" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone my name is Rod and I have a weird "problem" and not sure if I should worry if at all, it's my first time posting here and if I make any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oceanborn75, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Weird file appearing on windows explorer "recent files"

Hi everyone my name is Rod and I have a weird "problem" and not sure if I should worry if at all, it's my first time posting here and if I make any mistakes I apologize in advance.
    I recently did a fresh install of win10 x64 on my HTPC and everything works fine except for this weird file that appears only on the "recent files" in windows explorer, file's location is the desktop, except that I cannot see that file anywhere on the desktop. the file's name is in Chinese (I guess) if anyone has seen this before and knows what do do I'd appreciate any advice
    Thanks

Weird file appearing on windows explorer "recent files" [​IMG]

:)

oceanborn75, Sep 1, 2017
  2. G_Roberts Win User

Why has a new hard drive with the name “System Reserved (ZWeird file appearing on windows explorer "recent files" :)” appeared on my PC

For some odd reason, it is no longer shown in "file explorer". Weird!

G_Roberts, Sep 1, 2017
  3. grschinon Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Sep 1, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

Weird file appearing on windows explorer "recent files"

HI and welcome to the forum.

I am guessing from the screenshot that you torrent downloads.

swarfega, Sep 1, 2017
Thema:

Weird file appearing on windows explorer "recent files"

1. Weird file appearing on windows explorer "recent files" - Similar Threads - Weird file appearing

2. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  3. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  4. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Files I haven't opened in months appearing in "Recent Files" in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files I haven't opened in months appearing in "Recent Files" in File Explorer: This morning I noticed my recent files section on the home tab of the file explorer included a bunch of files I hadn't opened in months. They all appear to have been opened at the exact same time 5:55pm 5:54pm, 5:50pm, and 10 to 15 at a time have the exact same time stamp. It...
  6. Files I haven't opened in months appearing in "Recent Files" in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files I haven't opened in months appearing in "Recent Files" in File Explorer: This morning I noticed my recent files section on the home tab of the file explorer included a bunch of files I hadn't opened in months. They all appear to have been opened at the exact same time 5:55pm 5:54pm, 5:50pm, and 10 to 15 at a time have the exact same time stamp. It...
  7. I recently updated windows and these files appeared in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I recently updated windows and these files appeared in file explorer.: I'm not sure if these files appeared because of the Cumulative update preview for windows 10 21h2 for x64-based systems KB5016688 or if they are from something else but they appeared around the time I started updating. Here is a screen shot of the files I'm talking about....
  8. weird files just appeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    weird files just appeared: so i was just using my pc and i go into my hard drive and all these weird files appeared and i'm not sure what to do with them and the weird thing is i haven't had my pc since 2007 so like...
  9. Weird folder appeared in Users tab in file explorer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird folder appeared in Users tab in file explorer: After an update, I found a new user in my Users folder in the file explorer. It seems to have all of the files my user has, but it has a weird name. I'm not sure if I was hacked or if it is a glitch, please help....
  10. File Explorer and Recent Files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer and Recent Files: At work, I'll open files on a network path that is only accessible at work, e.g. \\mywork.org\shares\file.xyz These files will appear in my recent list when opening File Explorer (Win+E). The problem I have is at home where that network path is not accessible, and the...