Windows 10: Weird file appearing on windows explorer "recent files"

Discus and support Weird file appearing on windows explorer "recent files" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone my name is Rod and I have a weird "problem" and not sure if I should worry if at all, it's my first time posting here and if I make any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oceanborn75, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Weird file appearing on windows explorer "recent files"

Hi everyone my name is Rod and I have a weird "problem" and not sure if I should worry if at all, it's my first time posting here and if I make any mistakes I apologize in advance.
    I recently did a fresh install of win10 x64 on my HTPC and everything works fine except for this weird file that appears only on the "recent files" in windows explorer, file's location is the desktop, except that I cannot see that file anywhere on the desktop. the file's name is in Chinese (I guess) if anyone has seen this before and knows what do do I'd appreciate any advice
    Thanks

Weird file appearing on windows explorer "recent files" [​IMG]

:)

oceanborn75, Sep 1, 2017
  2. G_Roberts Win User

Why has a new hard drive with the name “System Reserved (ZWeird file appearing on windows explorer "recent files" :)” appeared on my PC

For some odd reason, it is no longer shown in "file explorer". Weird!

G_Roberts, Sep 1, 2017
  3. grschinon Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Sep 1, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

Weird file appearing on windows explorer "recent files"

HI and welcome to the forum.

I am guessing from the screenshot that you torrent downloads.

swarfega, Sep 1, 2017
Thema:

Weird file appearing on windows explorer "recent files"

1. Weird file appearing on windows explorer "recent files" - Similar Threads - Weird file appearing

2. File Explorer Weird Behaviour!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Weird Behaviour!!: My Windows 10 file explorer keeps refreshing (jumping to the beginning of window) every 60 seconds, thus closing any folder opened for naming and leaving any selected files. This is driving me crazy!! and I have tried every imaginable fixing method without any use. Can anyone...
  3. File Explorer will not show "recent files"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer will not show "recent files": I have had this problem: that File Explorer will not show "recent files" on Windows 10 for a long time. I have Googled and searched for answers on here and elsewhere and cannot find a solution. I know it's supposed to show these files. How can I fix this?...
  4. File Explorer slow to appear

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer slow to appear: i'm running build 17763.437 but i believe this problem i've seen in earlier builds too. sometimes File Explorer appears not to open when i click on the app's icon that i have pinned to the start pg. but it does open if i then just click on the start button in the bottom left...
  5. Weird folder appeared in Users tab in file explorer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird folder appeared in Users tab in file explorer: After an update, I found a new user in my Users folder in the file explorer. It seems to have all of the files my user has, but it has a weird name. I'm not sure if I was hacked or if it is a glitch, please help....
  6. File Explorer isn't showing recent files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Explorer isn't showing recent files: My new laptop has Windows10 pre-installed. It crashed and file explorer won't now show recent files. It seems to be showing recent folders but there are no recent files. Settings/personalisation/start shows "recently opened files" is turned "on" and File Explorer is showing...
  7. File Explorer and Recent Files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer and Recent Files: At work, I'll open files on a network path that is only accessible at work, e.g. \\mywork.org\shares\file.xyz These files will appear in my recent list when opening File Explorer (Win+E). The problem I have is at home where that network path is not accessible, and the...
  8. Weird file appeared with file type of kdiw

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird file appeared with file type of kdiw: So I have a weird file that just showed up in a folder titled gigeg. It is in the users/appdata/local path. File is uhgawgi.kdiw. Any idea what the heck this is? 106605
  9. FIle Explorer - Very weird problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    FIle Explorer - Very weird problem.: Running Windows 10 x64 Pro RTM will all updates. In a nutshell everytime I bring up File Explorer in normal mode it appears in a new position. It is always a little lower down and a little to the right. I have a dual monitor setup even though I doubt this is the problem....
  10. Weird borders in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird borders in File Explorer: Ever since upgrading to 10 from 7, the file explorer has had these weird borders on the top. I've been looking around for a solution for this the entire day finding nothing at all. [img] The borders are only at the top of the explorer. I don't have this issue on my...