Windows 10: Weird Flash-Skip when trying to install Anniversary Update

Discus and support Weird Flash-Skip when trying to install Anniversary Update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So this is very frustrating... I'm trying to install the anniversary update, and used the upgrade assistant. But when it restarts, it flashes for just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by davidvkimball, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Weird Flash-Skip when trying to install Anniversary Update

So this is very frustrating... I'm trying to install the anniversary update, and used the upgrade assistant. But when it restarts, it flashes for just a second the update screen, then shuts off and restarts again and loads without the update...

Any idea what I did wrong? I even reset the PC and it's still causing issues...

Any help would be appreciated.*Sad

:)

davidvkimball, Aug 4, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Still unable to get the 1607 Update

Possibly skip the 1607 Anniversary Update and go straight to the Creators Upgrade (1703) -

Click HERE
    to download the ISO using the Media Creation Tool and upgrade from the ISO - it will be more reliable than the Update Assistant!

Using the tool, choose 'Create Installation Media for another PC, then when asked choose 'Create ISO' instead of USB Flash Drive. Then when the ISO is downloaded, double click it to mount it and start the upgrade by opening Setup.exe

DaveM121, Aug 4, 2016
  3. Windows 10 update issue

Hi

Thanks for your reply

Can you please suggest any methods to manually update to anniversary update without doing a clean install I have tried windows update assistance it didn't work for me.

satish_gautam, Aug 4, 2016
  4. Weird Flash-Skip when trying to install Anniversary Update

Update: I got it to work by installing from bootable media, aka I had to remove all of my files from my SSD. Removing the second hard drive didn't fix it...

davidvkimball, Aug 4, 2016
  5. GiGiSSiMo Win User
    Hi, i've the same issue and i also have 2 hard disk with Primary SSD one and secondary HDD.
    So you did a clean installation? What do you mean with "I had to remove all of my files from my SSD": can't you update but only reinstall OS?

Thanks for help

GiGiSSiMo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Weird Flash-Skip when trying to install Anniversary Update

1. Weird Flash-Skip when trying to install Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Weird Flash Skip

2. Weird "fatal javascript error" when trying to install Discord......

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird "fatal javascript error" when trying to install Discord......: TLDR: Anyone know what is causing this weird fatal javascript error? Hi guys. I am trying to reinstall some programs after doing several system restores yesterday to undo an unwanted software update that was forced on me by one of my programs. I had to restore several times,...
  3. Error when updating to anniversary edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error when updating to anniversary edition: My laptop just popped up with the update for w10 home edition to the new anniversary edition. I ran the update and after all was said and done (no obvious errors or messages) I got the message that an error occurred and the error code was 0x80010108.... I tried again a couple...
  4. Skip the Anniversary Update?

Skip the Anniversary Update?: Is it possible to skip the anniversary update but still get security updates? The question is not whether this is a good idea. Just, is it possible. 60216
  5. Error code 0x80070070 when trying to update to Anniversary edition

Error code 0x80070070 when trying to update to Anniversary edition: I am trying to update to Anniversary edition of Windows 10 on 32GB ASUS Tablet. The update to 1511 went just fine. Now I am getting error when trying to upgrade to 1607 using Windows10Upgrade.28084. It checks compatibility and CPU, Memory and disc capacity all show good. Then...
  6. Best Method For Installing the Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best Method For Installing the Anniversary Update?: I've finally decided to install the Anniversary Update on my desktop PC after being wary of the missing drives / RAW format problems reported on this forum - although I've seen no recent reports of problems. What's the best update method - just let Windows automatically...
  7. Trouble trying to install Windows 10 Anniversary Update, version 1607

Trouble trying to install Windows 10 Anniversary Update, version 1607: I have tried multiple times times to install the Windows 10 Pro, Anniversary Update to my desktop computer, a Dell Inspiron 560. Every time, the result has been a computer that will not start-up, ie. Windows does not appear to load/run. I have tried the WURepair tool and...
  8. Weird problem with system icons not showing after anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird problem with system icons not showing after anniversary update: After the anniversary update I have a weird problem with my system icons. In Settings I have enabled the following system icons: sounds, network and battery status. Only two of them are visible in the system tray and one is invisible, although there seems to be space...
  9. Black screen with flashing cursor when trying to install.

Black screen with flashing cursor when trying to install.: I've made three attempts to install Windows 10 on my desktop PC with no success. First with the WindowsTechnicalPreview-x64-EN-US.iso and then with my MSDN en_windows_technical_preview_for_enterprise_x64_dvd_5554079.iso. I'm using a 16 GB USB thumb drive. I tried making it...
  10. Windows keeps trying to install adobe flash update...........

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows keeps trying to install adobe flash update...........: I dont have adobe flash on my laptop, how do i stop this annoying update from trying to install on my laptop? Everytime i reboot it tries to install it and fails it's getting pretty frustrating now. It keeps writing itself on my registry too it's very annoying as i DONT...