Windows 10: Weird flickering and then white screen

Discus and support Weird flickering and then white screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently I've been having issues with my iMac that has boot camp running on Windows 10, so rather than using normal Mactonish I use Windows 10 for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by asffx, Aug 23, 2016.

1. asffx Win User

Weird flickering and then white screen

Recently I've been having issues with my iMac that has boot camp running on Windows 10, so rather than using normal Mactonish I use Windows 10 for regular usage. I've been getting weird white flickering and then shortly after a complete white screen that stops everything. Here's an image of how it looks like as I don't know what exactly what the issue is and have tried looking everywhere for a solution:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqmOZfZVIAAQw0x.jpg

:)

asffx, Aug 23, 2016

2. White Screen Windows 10

I have a Windows 10 Lenovo laptop that was working fine yesterday, but today, a few minutes after turning it on, the screen started flickering before turning white and now it won't respond anything. I can turn the laptop off by pressing down on the power
    button, but if I try turning it on again, the Lenovo screen comes on flickering before turning white again.

ChristinaLF, Aug 23, 2016
  3. Latest window's update crashed display when awaking from sleep mode

Okay, so before I was able to follow your advice, new problems developed. When I opened my computer this morning, a blue line appeared around the perimeter of my computer, the corners darkened, and the screen started flickering. Eventually the line and the
    darkened corners went away, but the screen is still flickering. The screen flickers white at a rate of about 10 hertz. It is not very noticeable if I am displaying an all white or black webpage.

I've updated my driver from dell, and it fixed the original issue, but failed to fix the flickering screen. I then uninstalled the driver for my display and it still has not fixed the issue. I then plugged my computer into another monitor and there was no
    flickering, making me think it is a hardware issue. But there is no flickering on the start up screen, and I ran the LCD diagnostics test and there was no flickering for that either, which would indicate a software problem.

I have a dell Inspiron 13 that is about a year and a half old.

Preston Michael Becker, Aug 23, 2016
  4. asffx Win User

I really need help with this issue.

asffx, Aug 23, 2016
  5. asffx Win User
    41 views... no help. I'd really appreciate it if could someone could help out as I am in need of urgent help. I need to work from my PC and I only have access to my phone now.

asffx, Aug 23, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    42nd view. Does it happen when using Mac too ?

CountMike, Aug 23, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member
    You have some HW problem than, likely GPU. Can you try another monitor just to make sure ?

CountMike, Aug 23, 2016
  8. asffx Win User

I don't think it's the monitor as when I boot up nothing happens and when I get on Windows 10 or Mac for the first few minutes it's normal and then that stuff happens.

asffx, Aug 23, 2016
  9. CountMike New Member
    Can you download, make an USB with live Linux and boot from it ?
    Or maybe stop OS from loading at BIOS screen ?

CountMike, Aug 23, 2016
  10. asffx Win User
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean by stop OS from loading at BIOS screen, I'm not that good with computers so can you walk me through this and how it should help my issue. Thanks.

asffx, Aug 23, 2016
  11. CountMike New Member
    Every computer has a way to enter BIOS, sometimes it's Esc. key or maybe F1, F2 etc. Once you enter BIOS it should stay there until you make it continue. In that case OS doesn't load yet and you can see if it's because of drivers or something else.

CountMike, Aug 23, 2016
  12. asffx Win User
    What do I look for to know if it's the drivers? Sorry I'm just not the best at computers.

asffx, Aug 23, 2016
  13. CountMike New Member

Try option 2 form my answer first. If it's doing it there too than no drivers would help, besides, drivers are not some for both OSs so it wouldn't be likely problem.

CountMike, Aug 23, 2016
  14. asffx Win User
    I can't switch to another monitor on this iMac there's no port to plug in a AVI or HDMI cable. It's the 2011 version.

asffx, Aug 23, 2016
  15. CountMike New Member
    Just try BIOS trick first.

CountMike, Aug 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Weird flickering and then white screen - Similar Threads - Weird flickering white

2. Weird white shadeing on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird white shadeing on screen: Let's start this by saying I have a Microsoft Edge I believe. It's windows 11. Recently a weird white shade has shown up around the edge, it would fade off slowly. Now theirs more and they fade very very slowly. Any idea to what's going on? And if I can fix it?...
  3. Weird white shadeing on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird white shadeing on screen: Let's start this by saying I have a Microsoft Edge I believe. It's windows 11. Recently a weird white shade has shown up around the edge, it would fade off slowly. Now theirs more and they fade very very slowly. Any idea to what's going on? And if I can fix it?...
  4. White flickering screen after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White flickering screen after login: For a few days, I have been having issues with my pc HP Pavilion 570-p054 logging in both regular and safe mode. After logging in, the desktop screen is white with occasional flickers of black. I can't open settings or the start menu without the taskbar flashing. I have tried...
  5. White flickering screen after login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White flickering screen after login: For a few days, I have been having issues with my pc HP Pavilion 570-p054 logging in both regular and safe mode. After logging in, the desktop screen is white with occasional flickers of black. I can't open settings or the start menu without the taskbar flashing. I have tried...
  6. White flickering screen after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Stuck on white screen/ flickering white screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on white screen/ flickering white screen: For the past 8 hours now my computer has been constantly showing a white screen or a flickering screen on my desktop, everytime i log into my computer. I have restarted, repowered and did a full resset but nothing had worked. I have tried using the safe mode on the log in...
  8. White flicker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White flicker: I seem to have a white flicker pop up ever 15 seconds.i already watched a youtube tutorial telling me to disable windows error reporting which I did but it still wont stop. Any suggestions? submitted by /u/FloryRowan123 [link] [comments]...
  9. Weird screen flickering.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird screen flickering.: I installed a wifi card in a computer and now the screen is flickering. submitted by /u/Chaperacles [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ereion/weird_screen_flickering/
  10. White shadows on the screen and screen flickering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White shadows on the screen and screen flickering: Hello, After I updated my computer (HP Spectre) to Windows 10 I've been continuously experiencing problems with my display. Sometimes my screen is slightly flickering by itself or during the motion of the mouse. Another problem I currently have is that there are white...