Windows 10: Weird freezes

Discus and support Weird freezes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I hope it's correct board for post like that. First post, what a way to start! There we go: Whenever I leave my laptop be for a few minutes, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Maxiter, May 30, 2016.

1. Maxiter Win User

Weird freezes

I hope it's correct board for post like that.

First post, what a way to start! There we go:

Whenever I leave my laptop be for a few minutes, it freezes. After minute, two, ten it unfreezes and works as nothing happened. Happens mostly when I turn on music in foobar2000 and leave it be (e.g. while I'm learning) or when going to toilet (so it's completly idle). Computer stops responding to anything I do. For few seconds I can switch between open tabs (like apps or browser tabs) but can't open new ones (browser tabs simply end in endless load). It doesn't happen when I'm actively using computer (like playing games/browsing internet/chatting).

I have no idea what's wrong. I did use command sfc /scannow, it has shown some errors, mostly with .Ink files. I cleared the log from "correctly verified" comments. Only errors are in it now. While browsing net I've found that I should use "dism" command. Did it with ScanHealth and RestoreHealth. Sadly, RestoreHealth asks for source. While providing (created .iso with MediaCreationTool) source it tells me... it needs source. Seems like install.wim is missing. Sadly, couldn't download the techbench one (trying to download simply results in error).

I'm kinda stuck now as clean reinstall is impossible for me right now (end of University year, I have to do some assignments, also, not so good internet connection, so can't download everything I'd need).

:)

Maxiter, May 30, 2016

2. Windows 10 keep freezing after Creator's update

ok so this is weird my computer stopped freezing for a day then I tried to reinstall update 1703 and it failed and now its freezing again

Elyyanucka, May 30, 2016
  3. 81mb Win User
    Memory full. Can't install update v.1.2009.44-1

It did update.. but now i freezes in the app manager... weird! have you seen it before?

4. Maxiter Win User

Weird freezes

Anyone has any idea? Checked reliability report, nothing there. :/

Maxiter, May 31, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
  6. Maxiter Win User
    Unfortunately, I can't download Image_health.zip. It says that profile generates too much traffic and therefore was blocked. I tried to use dism on my own, sadly still can't force it to use install.esd provided by Windows 10 iso.

That's dism log after last attempt.

Maxiter, May 31, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    The command is improper
    Code: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:G:\sources\install.esd:1 /limitaccess[/quote] It should be this
    Code: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:G:\sources\install.esd:1 /limitaccess[/quote]

8. Maxiter Win User

Weird freezes

I tried with esd in front. Sadly, same effect. Last try was with removed "esd" on front cause I wanted to check whether command is wrong or it's something else.

On the picture you can see I tried both, with "esd" in front and without.

The thing I noticed is, I have 10586.318 compilation of Windows while the image's version is unknown to me. Command line only shows "Image Version: 10.0.10586.0". I tried looking for .318, no results whatsoever.

Maxiter, May 31, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    What exactly do you mean with 'it says that profile generates too much traffic'?

10. I've been having weird freezes up until a couple of days ago--I changed my power plan (in "Power Options" in Control Panel) to "High Performance" --it was set on "Balanced"--and things seem to have cleared up, but, YMMV. (Your Mileage May Vary). *Smile

robertwnielsen, May 31, 2016
  11. Maxiter Win User
    Scr.hu

Whenever I try to download the image_health.zip from link provided. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.
    @robert I'm always on high performance.

Maxiter, May 31, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Try this one, it is the exact same but from my Google Drive
    IMAGE_HEALTH.zip - Google Drive

The recommended ISO is the one with a .wim file, the Image_Health post provides a link for it.

13. Weird freezes

@Maxiter, okay. It was just a thought.

robertwnielsen, May 31, 2016
  14. Maxiter Win User
    Somehow, Windows site now lets me download tech bench file. While downloading I tried to use Image_Health, option 3, used Source Install.esd. Result wasn't surprising, no source found. Tried recommended option by I_H, that is "Mount the Windows Image as the Repair Source".

Seems like it finished. Now doing sfc /scannow. Will post if it worked or not.

Maxiter, May 31, 2016
  15. Maxiter Win User
    That's log after using Image_Health with esd. Sfc /scannow commented that some files couldn't be repaired. Using Image_Health with .wim provided by tech bench version of image.

Maxiter, May 31, 2016
Thema:

Weird freezes

1. Weird freezes - Similar Threads - Weird freezes

2. Weird system issues where computer freeze randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird system issues where computer freeze randomly: So for a few months while playing wow classic, my game and sometimes whole computer can freeze for up to sometimes 30 seconds at once where wow.exe can almost crash but it always recovers. I've saved my event log but I'm not finding an option to attach them anywhereMy...
  3. Weird system issues where computer freeze randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird system issues where computer freeze randomly: So for a few months while playing wow classic, my game and sometimes whole computer can freeze for up to sometimes 30 seconds at once where wow.exe can almost crash but it always recovers. I've saved my event log but I'm not finding an option to attach them anywhereMy...
  4. Weird buzzing sounds, screen Freezing and bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird buzzing sounds, screen Freezing and bsod: HiI’m constantly getting BSOD, I have al Asus tuf dash F15 latptop from 2021. I have this laptop for 2 years and Its the first time this problem occurs. It always occurs When I’m watching videos. Every 20 minutes I get a bsod. And Its more frequent When the charching cable is...
  5. Weird buzzing sounds, screen Freezing and bsod

Weird buzzing sounds, screen Freezing and bsod: HiI’m constantly getting BSOD, I have al Asus tuf dash F15 latptop from 2021. I have this laptop for 2 years and Its the first time this problem occurs. It always occurs When I’m watching videos. Every 20 minutes I get a bsod. And Its more frequent When the charching cable is...
  6. Crashes, Freezes, weird stuff happening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashes, Freezes, weird stuff happening.: Hello, so I have a few issues with my PC.It started with random GPU 100% Fan and Black screen randomly.They blue screens and freezes. The Event Monitor always pointed at something with Nvidia.So I replaced my GPU with one from a different Vendor. I don't have the fan issues...
  7. Crashes, Freezes, weird stuff happening.

Crashes, Freezes, weird stuff happening.: Hello, so I have a few issues with my PC.It started with random GPU 100% Fan and Black screen randomly.They blue screens and freezes. The Event Monitor always pointed at something with Nvidia.So I replaced my GPU with one from a different Vendor. I don't have the fan issues...
  8. Mouse is behaving weird almost as my computer seems like its freezing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse is behaving weird almost as my computer seems like its freezing?: Hey friends, This problem seemingly popped up out of the blue as I have not downloaded anything manually or changed anything really. My mouse seems to work for 1 minute allowing me to click things, move windows around, move my mouse, etc. After that minute though it behaves...
  9. Mouse is behaving weird almost as my computer seems like its freezing?

Mouse is behaving weird almost as my computer seems like its freezing?: Hey friends, This problem seemingly popped up out of the blue as I have not downloaded anything manually or changed anything really. My mouse seems to work for 1 minute allowing me to click things, move windows around, move my mouse, etc. After that minute though it behaves...
  10. PC Randomly freezes with my screen having a weird graphic issue, but all sounds continue

PC Randomly freezes with my screen having a weird graphic issue, but all sounds continue: Greetings, I've been using my PC for a solid year now with no issues, I usually freeze Windows updates, but until a solid 2months ago i finally decided to update windows on my PCBut until a month ago my PC started having random issues with my PC freezing and having a weird...