Windows 10: Weird glitchy looking box around edge of open windows wont go away

Discus and support Weird glitchy looking box around edge of open windows wont go away in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've just recently come back from a weekend holiday and I've switched on the power to my computer and turned it on, everything seemed fine at first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hujohn, Dec 19, 2016.

1. hujohn Win User

Weird glitchy looking box around edge of open windows wont go away

Hi, I've just recently come back from a weekend holiday and I've switched on the power to my computer and turned it on, everything seemed fine at first but then I realised there was a very noticeable green, glitchy box to the left of all the windows I have open. I tried updating to the absolute latest version of windows, I tried reverting to a stock windows theme in case my custom theme was broken and I even tried the good old restart but nothing has worked so far. Can someone please help!
    Pictures Below, Sorry if image is a little small:

Weird glitchy looking box around edge of open windows wont go away [​IMG]

:)

hujohn, Dec 19, 2016

2. Microsoft Edge Browser

I can not open Microsoft edge. It has a pop up {Internet Security alert code:055BCCAC9FEC) that wont go away.

LinaCelerio, Dec 19, 2016
  3. Norm9491 Win User
    Unable to type in search box or edge URL entry field

Windows 10 is up to date. History cleared. Search box allows blinking cursor, but can't type in the search box. Not a pro user. W10 and Edge are on the edge, but still glitchy.

Norm9491, Dec 19, 2016
  4. VFRRider Win User

Is it possible that what you are seeing is a 'Drop Shadow' which I believe to be on by default, you could try switching drop shadows off in Advanced System Settings and see if that has the desired effect?

VFRRider, Dec 19, 2016
  5. Asuza Win User
    Hi hujohn,

Welcome to tenforums.

Are you using Intel integrated graphics or a dedicated graphics card in your laptop ?

Could you open up a Run Dialog with WINDOWS KEY + R.

1) Type in "sysdm.cpl"
    2) Go to the tab ''Advanced" and select the settings of "Performance"
    3) Untick the box that says "Show shadows under windows"

Weird glitchy looking box around edge of open windows wont go away [​IMG]

4) Click Apply and OK.

Perhaps a reboot just to be sure. Could you then check if the issue still persists? If the issue is gone, you probably need to update your [ Intel Graphics / AMD/Nvidia ] drivers.

Asuza, Dec 19, 2016
  6. hujohn Win User
    Hello. Thank you both so much for your help my problem has been solved. I'm not sure how I turned it on but now I know what to do for next time. Will definitely be using this website a lot more for solving my PC problems, thanks again !

hujohn, Dec 20, 2016
  7. Asuza Win User
    Glad that your problem is solved. You're more than welcome.

Asuza, Dec 20, 2016
  8. hujohn Win User

Sorry to bother you again but I've just realised that not all of the problems were solved. I didn't mention it before because I thought it was associated with the other problem since they both happened at the same time. but as you might be able to see in the photo, the minimise, full screen and exit buttons on the top right of the windows are also either glitchy looking or transparent as to where I can only see the full screen button. I tried going through all the settings that you mentioned before and it did nothing. I was wondering if you have any tips for this as well? Thanks in advance.

hujohn, Dec 20, 2016
  9. Asuza Win User
    Is the green distortion on the side of the window still there?
    And also:
    - Are you using Intel Integrated Graphics or dedicated graphics? (AMD/Nvidia) ?
    - Is your monitor 144hz ?

Asuza, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Weird glitchy looking box around edge of open windows wont go away - Similar Threads - Weird glitchy looking

2. Weird rectangle refuses to go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird rectangle refuses to go away: Im in Microsoft word and this rectangle popped up when I clicked format painting, not knowing what it was I was just checking stuff out....so now this thing won't go away and makes a ping sound when I try.to click out of it, hit esc, delete, anything else...closing with...
  3. Weird rectangle refuses to go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird rectangle refuses to go away: Im in Microsoft word and this rectangle popped up when I clicked format painting, not knowing what it was I was just checking stuff out....so now this thing won't go away and makes a ping sound when I try.to click out of it, hit esc, delete, anything else...closing with...
  4. Activate Windows Wont Go Away

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows Wont Go Away: My computer suddenly says it can't activate windows. Windows was installed months back and for some reason, this has happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-wont-go-away/8436fd0f-e900-4bd6-942e-8039e747d0be
  5. Activate Windows Wont Go Away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows Wont Go Away: My computer suddenly says it can't activate windows. Windows was installed months back and for some reason, this has happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-wont-go-away/8436fd0f-e900-4bd6-942e-8039e747d0be
  6. Activate Windows Wont Go Away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. BSOD Wont go away...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Wont go away...: Hi, Over the past year I've had a range of BSODs. They had a variety of different error codes and after looking into it it seemed that my RAM was the problem. After plenty of testing I found that one stick was faulty so I replaced it and ended up being fine for a while. Flash...
  8. malware infection wont go away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    malware infection wont go away: i tried removing it but it says its in a different drive j drive even though i dont use j drivei restarted my pc and removed defenders log files but its still appearing...
  9. This little box thing wont go away

in Windows 10 Customization
    This little box thing wont go away: I need help how to close this thing [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-little-box-thing-wont-go-away/916ffe11-a2e5-4213-82fa-77fe5d7bf05c
  10. Purple box that won't go away

in Windows 10 Customization
    Purple box that won't go away: I have this purple box in the bottom right of my screen that i can't get rid of. I never enabled it so I have no idea where it came from. Every time I restart my computer, it goes away, but when I open any game, it comes back. [ATTACH]...