Windows 10: Weird issue displaying windows.

Discus and support Weird issue displaying windows. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Prior to a recent set of Updates Windows 10 would let me display windows side by side with no issues. Since these updates (WHICH I HAD NO CONTROL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lord zaeon, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Weird issue displaying windows.

Prior to a recent set of Updates Windows 10 would let me display windows side by side with no issues. Since these updates (WHICH I HAD NO CONTROL OVER)... When I select display windows side by side I get windows didplayed one above the other??? Anyone any idea what the heck is going on?

:)

Lord zaeon, Oct 14, 2015

2. Having a weird font display issue with windows 10

Hi Vitiser,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10 and also for providing screen short of the issue.

This issue could have occurred due to corrupt graphics drivers.

I would suggest you to update your graphics card driver.

Follow the steps to update drivers.
    a) Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b) Click on “Device Manager”.

c) Search for the device that you would like to update from the computer.

d) Right click on it and select “Update”.

e) Follow the on-screen instructions and restart the computer, if prompted.

If it doesn't work I would suggest you to download latest graphics drivers

from Manufacturer website.

If it doesn't work I would suggest you to check the root of the problem by

booting Windows in 'Safe mode' and check the display.

Follow the link to boot in safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps.

Let us know the status of the issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Oct 14, 2015
  3. vitiser Win User
    Having a weird font display issue with windows 10

I tried both of your solutions and still have the problem, any other suggestions?

vitiser, Oct 14, 2015
  4. Weird issue displaying windows.

First, make sure your GPU (graphics) is updated from the manufacturer's website (i.e. NOT through windows update).

Next, go into Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution and see if you can move the monitor over to the correct position you want it in.

DustSailor, Oct 14, 2015
  5. That's not the issue. Read my post carefully and you will see that up until the updates to Windows 10 everything was working as it should. Right clicking the task bar and selecting show windows side by side did exactly that. Since the updates, nothing to do with graphics drivers etc, instead of displaying the windows side by side as it originally did... I now get the windows shown one ABOVE the other not side by side. I've tried doing all sorts of settings adjustments but without results. I can't even identify which update did this. It's time Microsoft backed down and admitted publicly they screwed up YET AGAIN and we can have full admin rights and FULL control over settings and personalisation.

Lord zaeon, Oct 14, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    Desktop program windows or APPs ?

CountMike, Oct 14, 2015
  7. Ah, now I think I know what you mean. My computer does it just fine. Try clicking one of the other options... Does something different happen? Let me search up abit about this and see if I find anything.

DustSailor, Oct 14, 2015
  8. dalchina New Member

Weird issue displaying windows.

I see exactly the same as Lord Zaeon (I've never used that before so can't say if it did work). Cascade is ok. (These are desktop programs).

dalchina, Oct 14, 2015
  9. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Oct 14, 2015
  10. Yes, it would seem to be a small bug. MS likely will release a fix any time now.

DustSailor, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Weird issue displaying windows.

1. Weird issue displaying windows. - Similar Threads - Weird issue displaying

2. weird display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    weird display: i asked this question before and uploaded a pic, but i think i didnt do it right so i do it again, i bought a wacom tablet and now my sceern display is on some mode my guess windows ink and i REALLY REALLY want the defult display......
  3. weird display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird display: i asked this question before and uploaded a pic, but i think i didnt do it right so i do it again, i bought a wacom tablet and now my sceern display is on some mode my guess windows ink and i REALLY REALLY want the defult display......
  4. weird display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Weird Display Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Display Issue: I don't know how to describe this issue, so I haven't been able to find any solutions online, but it is incredibly annoying and is affecting my ability to work on my laptop. As you can see, most everything is black, including the task bar and any websites I visit also a...
  6. Weird Display Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Display Issue: I don't know how to describe this issue, so I haven't been able to find any solutions online, but it is incredibly annoying and is affecting my ability to work on my laptop. As you can see, most everything is black, including the task bar and any websites I visit also a...
  7. Weird issue with Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird issue with Windows: Hello, good day to you all. I've been facing some unusual issues with Windows as follows: 1) When I click the wifi icon in the task bar, nothing opens and so, I can't see any available networks. I am still connected to my default one. I tried restarting task bar using the...
  8. Windows 10 weird display.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 weird display.: I recently installed Windows 10 on my laptop. It works functionally well so far, but from what I am seeing the display is a bit weird. Everything looks sharp, whether be it the font or the graphics. I know this because I have seen the same Windows 10 running on several other...
  9. Weird Windows issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Windows issues: So since a while I'm having weird problems with my Windows. - Whenever I play any audio which has navigation buttons rewind, play, pause, forward, including playing youtube videos Windows gives me this desktop player overlay on the top left on the screen, which is normal....
  10. A weird display issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A weird display issue: I bought a new laptop a few months ago which runs Windows 10 and was until awhile ago very happy. But now whenever I move the camera in games, any game, a black blur trails behind light sources. This even happens in browsers with contrasting colors. I checked my display...