Windows 10: Weird issue with Acer CB280HK 4k Monitor

Discus and support Weird issue with Acer CB280HK 4k Monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, I was lucky enough to get a new monitor and new pc the other day; a dell xps 8700, and for purposes of this discussion, the video card set up is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wase4711, Sep 24, 2015.

1. wase4711 Win User

Weird issue with Acer CB280HK 4k Monitor

So, I was lucky enough to get a new monitor and new pc the other day; a dell xps 8700, and for purposes of this discussion, the video card set up is a intel hd graphics 4600 board, and a Nvidia GTX745, with 4 gigs of ram. The monitor is a 4k capable monitor, and to get the full res, its plugged in via a display port connector, into the intel board, since the nvidia card does NOT have a display port connector, only hdmi, which would limit the res to 1920x1080.
    Anyways, the monitor is fantastic, and things are so clear and bright it blows my mind!
    Problem is, ever since connecting it, for some crazy reason, I can NOT get my control panel to open, my file explorer to open, or adjust some of my desktop properties...EVERYTHING else works great, but those things no longer work..
    Weird thing is, if I downres to 1920x1080, I can get the file explorer to work, but thats about it..
    I ended up downloading MulitCommander Pro, which is an alternative file manager, and it works just fine.
    I am on windows version 10547, Home version..

All these things worked perfectly with my old monitor, connected via hdmi@1920x1080, so I dont think anything serious is wrong, but I cant figure out why these built in windows core items wont open up when the res is at 3840X2160.
    Hopefully, a new insiders version might help. but otherwise I am stumped.

Thanks for any help that you can offer!

:)

wase4711, Sep 24, 2015
  2. Malvoe1 Win User

Dual Monitors Suddenly Stopped Working

OK, I figured it out a few hours after posting this. My 1st monitor was set to a 60 Hz refresh rate and apparently this Lenovo can't run a 2nd 4K monitor if the first is set to 60 Hz. Switching it to 30 Hz fixed the problem. Why this popped up after 8
    months, I don't know. Weird.

Malvoe1, Sep 24, 2015
  3. jkristia Win User
    Windows 10 Feature update (11/4/17) - computer cant boot

got it working. Pretty easy using the recovery tools. Still - sucks I had to go through those extra steps

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

Edit: Actually, that was not the problem. When I hooked up my PC to the 2 monitors it again did not work. I have a 1080p and a 4K monitor. When I disconnected the 4k monitor it started. So it does start, it just goes blank with a 4k monitor. If I replace
    my 4k with a 1080p monitor, then both 1080p monitors works. Replace the one back with 4k monitor, computer goes blank.

Now - this was working right before the update, so it is unlikely it is a hardware issue, rather a driver issue related to the update

Somewhat sucks

jkristia, Sep 24, 2015
Thema:

Weird issue with Acer CB280HK 4k Monitor

1. Weird issue with Acer CB280HK 4k Monitor - Similar Threads - Weird issue Acer

2. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4k monitor not giong to 4k: i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is...
  3. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4k monitor not giong to 4k: i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is...
  4. Issue with windows and a new 4K monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with windows and a new 4K monitor.: Hello,I just got a new 4K monitor and was all excited to get this up and running as it's a big upgrade from my 8 year old 1080p one. When I plug the new monitor in, windows font and images as well as google chrome or anything else I use seem a little fuzzy. I run a dual...
  5. Issue with windows and a new 4K monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with windows and a new 4K monitor.: Hello,I just got a new 4K monitor and was all excited to get this up and running as it's a big upgrade from my 8 year old 1080p one. When I plug the new monitor in, windows font and images as well as google chrome or anything else I use seem a little fuzzy. I run a dual...
  6. 1080p scaling issues on 4K monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    1080p scaling issues on 4K monitor: I have a laptop which uses a 4K screen. The problem is that I want to run intensive programs however I can only run them in lower resolutions such as 1080p as in 4K they are laggy and unusable. The problem is that if I set my computer resolution to 1080p, the ui, especially...
  7. 4K Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    4K Monitor issue: I bought a new BENQ 4K Monitor.In Windows Explorer or on any other page including web pages the vertical lines on the square for 'Maximizing' or resizing the windows are dim. I cannot make them any thicker for better visibility.Please advise side a and side b are very dimDr....
  8. Issues booting with a 4K external monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues booting with a 4K external monitor: Okay, so I've been scouring the internet trying to find a solution for this issue that many people seem to be having as well but haven't found any fixes. Hoping someone here can help. I recently got a Dell XPS 15 7590 second-hand (now I know what you're thinking - there's...
  9. 4K Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    4K Monitors: Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the text on them is very blurry but the same stuff when I move it to my laptop screen looks very...
  10. 4k monitor VS 1080 monitor issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4k monitor VS 1080 monitor issues: I have been using a 1080 144hz monitor for gaming for the past 6 months now and have been playing overwatch at 60frames CONSTANTLY (never any dips). I recently decided to get a second monitor that was 4k and 60hz. Upon setting it up and running overwatch, i noticed thatupon...