Windows 10: Weird issue with Windows not responding to mouse clicks

Discus and support Weird issue with Windows not responding to mouse clicks in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This was a small, non-issue previously; I would turn on my computer, login to Windows and sometimes I wouldn't be able to click anything on my taskbar.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Supra, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Supra Win User

Weird issue with Windows not responding to mouse clicks

This was a small, non-issue previously; I would turn on my computer, login to Windows and sometimes I wouldn't be able to click anything on my taskbar. Hitting the Windows key on my keyboard fixed this. This happened before the anniversary update and changing GPU, but it hasn't been happening since Windows 10.

Today, I had to restart 3 times and reinstall my mouse drivers, and each restart only restored partial functionality.
    1st restart: Nothing changed, replugged my mouse, still nothing. I could right click my desktop and select anything from the menu, which proves my mouse is working fine. Even if I hit Windows + 1 (Shortcut to open first app in Taskbar, in my case, IE) if I click on IE it acts as if I clicked off of it. Navigating with the keyboard is fine.
    2nd restart: Nothing until I replugged my mouse again, then after a few seconds I could click the start menu and pinned apps, navigate the web etc. but couldn't use Windows mail, click anything from the start menu etc.
    3rd restart after reinstalling mouse drivers: Fixed and back to normal

I'm thinking it could be an issue with my mouse firmware, I could report to Mionix to see what they say. Other than that, I don't know.*cry

:)

Supra, Aug 13, 2016
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Windows 10 laptop not responding to mouse clicks or touchpad gestures. Must switch off and restart.

Hi Rob,

Corrupted system files is one of the possible reason why you are having issues after the Creators update, we suggest that you run the
    System File Checker tool and the Deployment Image Servicing and Management
    tool to scan and correct any issues. System File Checker (SFC) is a built-in tool in the operating system. SFC checks for system file corruption. Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) is a command-line tool that can be used to service a
    Windows image or to prepare a Windows Preinstallation Environment image.

Kindly follow the steps in this article posted by ZigZag3143 (MS-MVP)
    to perform SFC and DISM:
    System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Eric Ber, Aug 13, 2016
  3. Windows 10 laptop not responding to mouse clicks or touchpad gestures. Must switch off and restart.

I've had the same problem since the update. Also, a couple times a day the entire system will lock up. A dialog box comes up saying that Windows is not responding and I can end the task or wait. I can't change windows. IfI mouse over the start bar i get
    a busy circle pointer.

Nothing happens no matter how long i wait or how many times i tell it to end the process. I've gotten dozens of the box in a row. Nothing happens if i hit ctrl-alt-delete. Eventually i have to hard power down my laptop.

I ran the sfc tool and it found no problems. I tried to run dism but it claims not to find the commands when i enter them and i can't figure out how to access the help.

Chichirinoda, Aug 13, 2016
  4. kimkl Win User

Yea got that to but unplugging and then re plug works for me

kimkl, Aug 14, 2016
  5. Supra Win User
    Still having this issue, anyone know where I can at least troubleshoot and figure out what's causing the problem?

Supra, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Weird issue with Windows not responding to mouse clicks - Similar Threads - Weird issue responding

2. Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks: Not sure how to describe this properly, but it seems others have similar issues. Some applications work as they did with Win10Pro have 11Pro now.Outlook, Calculator, Explorer, Settings; all behave as they did prior. Normal clicking selects the app and makes it active,...
  3. Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks: Not sure how to describe this properly, but it seems others have similar issues. Some applications work as they did with Win10Pro have 11Pro now.Outlook, Calculator, Explorer, Settings; all behave as they did prior. Normal clicking selects the app and makes it active,...
  4. Weird mouse stuttering issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird mouse stuttering issue?: Hi all, my old PC died so my girlfriend's dad mailed me one he had lying around, with an i7 920 in it. Totally clean install of Windows. So far it's been working perfectly fine, except the mouse stutters to the point of nigh unusability occasionally, and other times it runs...
  5. Apps won't respond to mouse clicks.

Apps won't respond to mouse clicks.: Not sure if its a Windows 10 problem or not but, I have had my (pre-built but upgraded) PC for just over a year now and it's great! but for 1, it suddenly started feeling really slow and freezing (I have an m.2 nvme) but, most annoyingly, apps and games will just not respond...
  6. Apps not responding to mouse clicks.

Apps not responding to mouse clicks.: Not sure if its a Windows 10 problem or not but, I have had my (pre-built but upgraded) PC for just over a year now and it's great! but for 1, it suddenly started feeling really slow and freezing (I have an m.2 nvme) but, most annoyingly, apps and games will just not respond...
  7. Microsoft related Apps are not responding properly to mouse clicks/weird scrolling W10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft related Apps are not responding properly to mouse clicks/weird scrolling W10: Hey everyone, recently, my Microsoft related apps e.g. calendar, clock, edge, settings have this weird bug that I can best show you with this video I captured: https://streamable.com/g1sm1 some buttons don't respond to clicks, only visually. sometimes it works when i...
  8. Mouse Clicking issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Clicking issues: Hey everyone. So basically the mouse on my win 10 pc is acting weird. Single clicks to highlight folders work okay but i can not double click to open. Its odd... When i try and double click on one of my drives it appears to at least try and open but then in an instant...
  9. Mouse clicks not responding

Mouse clicks not responding: Today, I opened the computer. On the lock screen, everything worked as normal, but once it started, no mouse clicks would respond. If I hover over something in the taskbar, it lights up as it should, but clicking on anything does nothing. If I use the touchscreen, the clicks...
  10. mouse freezes and then right click wont respond

mouse freezes and then right click wont respond: Hi guys. 4 days ago my mouse in my dell precision windows 10 laptop started freezing. The right click would not respond at clicking. i did alt+ctrl+shift renewed the windows explorer and then the left click function of the mouse would be reed but I had no right click. I...