Windows 10: Weird lagging problem

Discus and support Weird lagging problem in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello guys, I'm new here, very pleased in Windows 10, but have one problem. I've installed Windows 10 on my HP ProBook 6540b last week. It was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Hercules, May 16, 2016.

1. Hercules Win User

Weird lagging problem

Hello guys, I'm new here, very pleased in Windows 10, but have one problem. I've installed Windows 10 on my HP ProBook 6540b last week.

It was running perfect and very fast, and it still does, but sometimes (after maybe 1-2 hours of use) it starts lagging like hell, and I need to restart it then. Then it works normally again. Performance monitor looks normal too when it laggs. I did a clean install and activated it with original Windows 7 key.

This problem started yesterday, last week laptop was running normal (whole week after install). I thought maybe it's because of the Adobe Flash Update that installed the day before yesterday, so I've deleted that update, but the problem is still here.

Laptop has i5, 8 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD (7200 rpm), it's not weak.

Please help me, because it's really annoying that I need to restart it every time. Thanks in advance.

:)

Hercules, May 16, 2016
  2. NuRo---01 Win User

N9 lag and slow after 1.2 update FIX!

mine is still lag-ish too,but i do see an improvement **bleep** first time,it's sort of more usable,generally i experience lag during notifications,aswell noticed the more apps open and the more you use it becomes more lagfree,it's a weird thing,my bet
    would me Cpu scaling problems.

NuRo---01, May 16, 2016
  3. Sound problems in Windows 10

Original title: Sound problems

I am having very weird and bad sound problems for example, I try to watch a video and with or without earbuds/headphones, it will have very annoying static and sometimes lag please help me if possible.

JakubGolden, May 16, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Weird lagging problem

Hi, ideas:
    Inspect your update history- what changed in that time? Any driver updates?
    Do you have a system restore point prior to the start of the problem?
    Have you installed anything or changed settings about the time this started?

1. Post a screenshot of your task manager, highest to lowest CPU use, highest to lowest disk use or whatever is of interest when lagging, if that's possible. (Or a photo).
    2. Run Sysinternals Procmon and let it capture events, continuing until lagging occurs. The idea would be to inspect the log file if you can. However if you can't stop the program normally, I don't know what happens to the log file. Maybe it's saved- or maybe by killing other processes you can manage to gain enough control to save it.
    3. Run LatencyMon and inspect the output when lagging is occurring.
    4. Note when lagging is occurring and
    a. Inspect your Reliability History (type 'reli' in the cortana search field)
    b. Inspect your event log

5. Process of elimination.
    Does lagging occur if you wait 'long enough' in Safe Mode?
    " " " " " " " " " " " "" " " " " "" " " " " "" " " " " "" " after a clean boot?

dalchina, May 18, 2016
  5. Hercules Win User
    Thanks for the response.

Ok, that day, when the problem started, this update installed automaticly : Sigurnosno ažuriranje za Adobe Flash Player za 64-bitno izdanje sustava Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3163207)
    (Security update for Adobe Flash...)

No programs installed on that day (14th May), except Avast antivirus, but that's after the first problem came, because I've installed it because I thought it's a virus or smtg.

BUT, I've installed some programs on 13th May, maybe they are causing a problem...

Weird lagging problem [​IMG]

About CPU usage. Without lagging, it's about 5-10%, and with lagging, it's around 15-30%. Sorry, don't have the picture.

Reliability History - everything looks fine, same as in Event Viewer, no "Critical Events" on 14th May. No errors on 13rd too.

The problem still occurs, once or twice a day, I use laptop 4-5 hours a day. There's nothing in the event viewer. I'll try LatencyMon when the problem comes, and try the safe mode. Thanks again.

Hercules, May 18, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Would suggest you uninstall each of those programs in turn, starting with Intel turbo boost, testing each in turn for 'long enough'.

Or restore an appropriate system restore point if available, test, install 1 program, test.... etc

dalchina, May 18, 2016
  7. Hercules Win User
    Yup, just wanted to do that, because it's weird that those programs have 13rd May as instalation date, and I've installed them on 6th May, when I've installed Windows too. Sorry, don't have restore point, I'll try with reinstalling them these few days -_-

Thanks *Smile

Hercules, May 18, 2016
  8. Hercules Win User

Weird lagging problem

Damn, I still haven't find the solution. Reinstalled all programs and drivers that from the first day when the lagging came and days before, but it's now even worse. Restart is not helping anymore. When I restart it, it laggs same like before restart, after ~15 mins it's back to normal and laptop runs fast as hell (as normal). I've found out that lagging always comes around 8.30 AM (GMT+1), 3 days in a row.

Any ideas?

Hercules, May 24, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    Hi, if you know it starts regularly, suggests a scheduled task e.g. maintenance.

You can capture what happens using Sysinternals ProcMon (very detailed technical trace) - so as you know the time, that will help. You can filter the trace to the nth degree to eliminate things not of interest.

E.g. with PC idle set filter so nothing is captured, being specific as to what you eliminate, then new activity (assumption) at 8:30 would show up. The whole trace is kept- the filter just applies to creating the trace displayed so is easily undone to reveal more.

dalchina, May 24, 2016
  10. Hercules Win User
    Will do it tommorow, thanks.

Hercules, May 24, 2016
  11. Hercules Win User
    I was wrong about the 8.30 AM, it's not related with time at all. Here's the event log (System) when the lag came (around 10.20 AM). I restarted it immediately, but it didn't help. Lagging stopped around 10.45 AM.

Here's the event log file.

file

Hercules, May 27, 2016
  12. dalchina New Member
    Hello, before commenting on that, look back at my post #2. There are several things there to try:

1. Post a screenshot of your task manager, highest to lowest CPU use, highest to lowest disk use or whatever is of interest when lagging, if that's possible. (Or a photo).
    2. Run Sysinternals Procmon and let it capture events, continuing until lagging occurs. The idea would be to inspect the log file if you can. However if you can't stop the program normally, I don't know what happens to the log file. Maybe it's saved- or maybe by killing other processes you can manage to gain enough control to save it.
    3. Run LatencyMon (freeware) and inspect the output when lagging is occurring.

5. Process of elimination.
    Does lagging occur if you wait 'long enough' in Safe Mode?
    " " " " " " " " " " " "" " " " " "" " " " " "" " " " " "" " after a clean boot?

Looking at the event log- and someone else may well pick up sthg I miss..
    There are several error reports about things being terminated unexpectedly- some in Croatian...?.

The time has changed by almost an hour...??

dalchina, May 28, 2016
  13. Hercules Win User

Weird lagging problem

Problem solved, it was graphics driver, I reinstalled it 3 times and now it works with no laggs for 3 days lol. Thanks for ideas man *Smile

Hercules, Jun 3, 2016
  14. dalchina New Member
    Great- sometimes it ends up as trial and error..

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Weird lagging problem

1. Weird lagging problem - Similar Threads - Weird lagging problem

2. Weird Mouse Lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Mouse Lag: SO the last few days my PC will randomly....err how to describe this...i will be moving around my desktop and the entire system will just go to a halt and the mouse will stop moving completely but the pc will not be frozen, the start menu takes 10 seconds to open and i am...
  3. Weird Mouse Lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Mouse Lag: SO the last few days my PC will randomly....err how to describe this...i will be moving around my desktop and the entire system will just go to a halt and the mouse will stop moving completely but the pc will not be frozen, the start menu takes 10 seconds to open and i am...
  4. Weird Mouse Lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Weird lag spikes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird lag spikes.: Every time I open an application, it instantly starts lagging. I have to keep opening it until it stops. This is getting annoying so can I please get help? Thank you in advance....
  6. Weird lag spikes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird lag spikes.: Every time I open an application, it instantly starts lagging. I have to keep opening it until it stops. This is getting annoying so can I please get help? Thank you in advance....
  7. Weird Controller Lag

Weird Controller Lag: I’m experiencing strange input lag with multiple controllers on Windows 10. I have two controllers: the Logitech F710 wireless via dongle and the SteelSeries Stratus XL Bluetooth. I have no problems using either of these on my Windows 8.1 laptop. But on my Windows 10 PC, the...
  8. Weird system lags

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird system lags: Hey, I have an Issue with my windows10. Every, let's say, half an hour, my computer shuts down any running programs and changes to a black screen. Then, after about a minute, the main bar is thrown back and in the next minute after, everything runs as it should, it's not...
  9. Weird Input Lag For A Laptop

Weird Input Lag For A Laptop: This might be a little mind bending . I had a laptop that suffer input lag from areas that lay above normal heat spots that I have deemed it a keyboard failure as it happened to me before on another laptop and replacing the keyboard solved it . Surprisingly on removing the...
  10. Weird mouse lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird mouse lag: Hello community, i'm here for a really weird problem: 3 weeks ago i upgraded my gaming PC with: -i5 9600kf -asus dual rx580 8G -asus rog strix b-360 -asus rog cpu cooler -corsair ram 16 gb ddr4 When the agency gave me back the PC i turned it on to play battlefield 5...