Windows 10: Weird memory popup in Windows 10

Discus and support Weird memory popup in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just got a new desktop with Windows 10 on it. And I was working on something and got this audible ding and this popup message by the clock:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ahmd, Sep 1, 2016.

1. ahmd Win User

Weird memory popup in Windows 10

I just got a new desktop with Windows 10 on it. And I was working on something and got this audible ding and this popup message by the clock:

What does it even mean? Is Microsoft losing their marbles? What's all this baby talk about? The way they used to formulate errors in a techy way worked much better for me.

Anyway, I have 16 GB of RAM in this desktop. I checked immediately. When the error popped up I had only 12% used at the time. I don't get it.

The error disappeared fairly quickly. But I could still see it in the action center. So I made this screenshot (see attached.)

Weird memory popup in Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

ahmd, Sep 1, 2016
  2. KurtGP Win User

Application popup: regsvr32.exe 0x0000000000000000

On Windows 10 build 14393 I continue to get the following popup and corresponding entry in system event log:

"Application popup: regsvr32.exe - Application Error : The instruction at 0x0000000000000000 referenced memory at 0x0000000000000000. The memory could not be written."

Any thoughts on to resolve, and make it go away???

KurtGP, Sep 1, 2016
  3. feview Win User
    Error message during shutdown ( Application popup)

Window 10

Asus rog

Got this error during shutdown. Got it from event viewer

Application popup: ApplicationFrameHost.exe - Application Error : The instruction at 0x00007FF8D01EA9F0 referenced memory at 0x0000000000000000. The memory could not be read.

Click on OK to terminate the program

What does this mean?

feview, Sep 1, 2016
  4. pcgeek11 Win User

It is asking you to schedule reminders for task that you would like Cortana to remind you to complete.

It is not an error it has nothing to do with the computers memory.

pcgeek11, Sep 1, 2016
  5. pepanee Win User
    It's just a suggestion to tell you that you tend to forget a lot of things! Don't you remember that we were gonna hang out last week??? =D
    And yes, Microsoft is losing their marbles slowly.. I'm taking them from them, because I used to LOVE marbles when I was younger.

But back to business, Yes, I had a very similar message about reminders earlier today, even though I hid Cortana from my computer; this has nothing to do with any technical difficulties for your computer. So that's great news!

pepanee, Sep 1, 2016
  6. ahmd Win User
    Hmm. Why would I need that cortana? And how do I uninstall it? I don't need my desktop to remind me anything.

ahmd, Sep 1, 2016
  7. pepanee Win User
    Not sure how to uninstall her, yet you can remove her icon from your Taskbar.
    Right click in an empty space in your Taskbar -> Cortana -> Hidden (look at the attached image)

Weird memory popup in Windows 10 [​IMG]

pepanee, Sep 1, 2016
  8. ahmd Win User

Oh, it's that weird search field by the start button. Yeah. I got rid of it as soon as I saw it. So there must be something else. AFIK there's nothing in "Program and features" under Cortana.

So what you're telling me is that there's more crapware that Windows comes with than meets the eye, hah?

ahmd, Sep 1, 2016
  9. pepanee Win User
    That is correct.
    Cortana (from Microsoft) is jealous of Siri (from Apple); Cortana showed up because she wants you to pay more attention to her.

You see, I would have a crush on the one who is more prettier *Wink

pepanee, Sep 1, 2016
  10. ahmd Win User
    Nice sarcasm. But I really do not appreciate my desktop doing all this superfluous BS. It's OK to have all that on a smartphone (a toy) but not on my system that I use for work.

There must be a way to disable some service or something to get rid of this nuisance?

11. pepanee Win User
    =)

Sorry, I just had to have some fun with all that because whenever there isn't a solution for something, I start talking out the side of my neck for how ridiculous things are.
    But yes, I'm in your same boat; I've tried looking around on the internet on how to Disable, or better yet, Uninstall Cortana. Because I also prefer to do things the way that I need to do them. Yet, I didn't find anything when I looked around. I'm sure there will be something in the future for this. (Yet you need to keep in mind that Microsoft wants you to use their product instead of Apple, hence this feature will most likely be forced to remind you to keep using Windows, and will be difficult to get rid of.)

Yet, I completely understand what you're saying. Hopefully somebody else has figured a solution for all this.

pepanee, Sep 1, 2016
  12. Bree New Member
    Settings > System > Notifications & actions

Scroll down to 'Get notifications from these senders'. Here you can turn on/off notifications from individual apps, Cortana included. For finer control over what/where/how each app can notify you, double-click on its name in this list.

13. pepanee Win User

Oh, Bree's answer seems like a really logical solution. I never knew that. I always look for the most "extreme" solution. In this case the "extreme" solution would be completely uninstalling it.

pepanee, Sep 1, 2016
  14. ahmd Win User
    Yes, I'd actually favor your extreme solution. I did what he suggested, which is better than nothing, but it still leaves all that junk running. Which uses memory, CPU and does other unnecessary stuff in the background.

15. pepanee Win User
    Yep, you're right. That will always be running in the background using memory, (hey look! we're back to having Cortana using your memory to remember things for you, haha.) I'm kidding, I know what you mean, I prefer to have all my computer memory dedicated to only the programs that I want to use all that for.

But for the time being, use Bree's solution.

Also, FYI, the following information actually helps me cope with this idea, and hopefully help you cope:
    Windows 10 actually has SOOOOO much crap running in the background, (Programs, Services, Tasks from the Task Schedule, and more 'styles' of different application starters) that if your computer is running at a fair speed, then..
    It's all good bro!

Just gotta keep all that in mind... because believe me, I would LOVE to have someone analyze all the crap that is running and disable EVERYTHING I don't need. That would probably consist of somewhere around a hundred different things!

pepanee, Sep 1, 2016
Thema:

1. Weird memory popup in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Weird memory popup

2. Weird Java Popup and Nero Ai advert?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Java Popup and Nero Ai advert?: https://paste.pics/OX2DIBeen having this issue for a couple of days.No other symptom.Malware scans come back negative. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-java-popup-and-nero-ai-advert/9f50bd3b-5905-4cc4-8a05-0c921cdab1f3
  3. Weird audio issues and app store popups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird audio issues and app store popups: Hello everyone!I recently made a jump to Windows 11 and I am experiencing one new and one older problem with my current setup and I would love to get some extra help, as I did not get any sort of progress with the Microsoft live support.Persisting Windows 10 problem:When...
  4. Weird audio issues and app store popups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird audio issues and app store popups: Hello everyone!I recently made a jump to Windows 11 and I am experiencing one new and one older problem with my current setup and I would love to get some extra help, as I did not get any sort of progress with the Microsoft live support.Persisting Windows 10 problem:When...
  5. Weird Popup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Popup: [ATTACH]What is this about? It happened after I logged in and after I restarted my computer. It hasn't caused my any trouble yet though and everything seems to be working fine so far. Please help....
  6. Weird popup in corner, IDK if it's a virus or what

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird popup in corner, IDK if it's a virus or what: I have been getting this pop up on my computer no matter what I'm doing on it. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/weird-popup-in-corner-idk-if-its-a-virus-or-what/b5b37064-273c-4f6b-bd59-fa0715250365
  7. Weird popup in the corner

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird popup in the corner: [img] Self-explanatory. It appears at random no matter what I'm doing on my computer. 133360
  8. Weird popups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird popups: Hello Microsoft employees, I would like to inquiry about some strange popups I've been getting. Sometimes when I download an image I get a message saying index.jpg already exists. I know that they can be renamed to fix it but I want a more efficient way of doing this....
  9. Weird popup appearing frequently

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird popup appearing frequently: Does anyone know why does this "du.centennial" show up quite frequently on my desktop or have similar experience? I haven't been able to locate any processes running with any of those names. Could it be an add service running from within Windows? I would like to know if it is...
  10. received a "low memory" popup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    received a "low memory" popup: was listening to live radio app and at same time was doing gfx on paint.net when I received an alert that memory is low. as you can see here, the paging file...does it look ok? or can I increase it? and which part can I tweak ? [img] 64834

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 Application popup: Windows - Application Error : The instruction at 0x0000000000000000 referenced memory at 0x0000000000000000. The memory could not be written.Click on OK to terminate the program

2. du.centennial windows 10