Windows 10: Weird Mouse/Cursor Problem Since I've Had My Windows 10 Computer

Discus and support Weird Mouse/Cursor Problem Since I've Had My Windows 10 Computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Seems it's one thing after another. Almost everyday, twice today, it just happened again, my cursor is lost on the screen and my mouse seems to stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bigfoot, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Bigfoot Win User

Weird Mouse/Cursor Problem Since I've Had My Windows 10 Computer

Seems it's one thing after another. Almost everyday, twice today, it just happened again, my cursor is lost on the screen and my mouse seems to stop working, although the light is on and it's okay.

I end up having to do an 'illegal' shutdown of my computer, actually holding down the power button for 6 seconds until it shuts down. Then I have to restart and everything's working okay again with the mouse. Of course I get the notice each time that my last session ended abruptly, do I want to resume. I never do, I'm so annoyed.

Any idea of why this might be happening? Didn't happen on my old Windows 7 computer. I'm not a 'geek' by any means, just would like a simple explanation and maybe a way to not have this happen again.

:)

Bigfoot, Dec 5, 2016

2. Mouse Lag

I've had this problem before when my pc was finished being built. We got Windows 10 for it, but what I first noticed when I was on it was that the cursor movement on the screen was choppy and skipped sometimes. I couldn't really find an answer on the internet
    to fix this, but my friend said it might stop lagging If I connect the usb for the mouse (Wireless mouse and keyboard, both use the same usb) to a cord with a usb port that connects back into the computer. Basically like an extension. I don't know why, but
    the lag stopped and the cursor movement was fine. It stayed like this for about 10 months until now. Now it's doing it again even though I have this extension kind of setup. I've restarted the computer, updated the mouse drivers, and plugged the usb into different
    a different port. Nothing seemed to work. The keyboard's model number is K350 and the mouse's is M510. So how do I fix this mouse/ cursor lag?

KeithPickett213, Dec 5, 2016
  3. RPG17A Win User
    Jumping mouse..

Hi

On my old laptop which I've just got rid of I used wired mouse and never had a single problem with the cursor. My new laptop, a HP notebook, came with a Bluetooth mouse and when typing the cursor was jumping about like yours. I think the problem is related
    to the touchpad. Open control panel and click on the mouse icon click the device settings tab and click to check the .......Disable internal pointing..........box. This won't turn the pad off but with this box checked you can't use pad to move the cursor,
    just check box don't disable the device or mouse cursor won't work either. Apply OK. Simply uncheck to use touchpad. Since I've done this I've had no problems. It's worked for me so far I hope it helps you too.
    Weird Mouse/Cursor Problem Since I've Had My Windows 10 Computer [​IMG]

RPG17A, Dec 5, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Try pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL and start the task manager. Does that work?
    You can also try a Clean Boot. and see if that works

spunk, Dec 5, 2016
  5. Bigfoot Win User
    Thanks Spunk! I have tried pressing ctrl/alt/delete and it doesn't help. I'm a little shy about doing a clean boot for a mouse problem, but I'll keep that in mind for the future. I appreciate your advice.

Bigfoot, Dec 5, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    Clean Boot is used to trouble shoot drivers and programs that are causing problems. It is not permanent and can be reversed at any time. If your mouse and keyboard both shut off at the same time, then that would be something with your USB ports or drivers.
    What is the model# of your HP Desktop? You can go to the HP Support/download drivers site HP Technical Support, Help, and Troubleshooting | HP® Customer Support
    and type in your model# and choose your version of Windows 10 (ie) 32bit or 64bit and download the Chipset Driver (USB Support) and also if they have a USB 3.0 driver.

spunk, Dec 5, 2016
  7. Bigfoot Win User
    This is the model I have Spunk, have not resorted to trying the Clean Boot yet, but thanks for the info.

HP 251-a123wb Desktop PC with Intel Pentium J2900 Processor, 4GB Memory, 21.5" Monitor, 1TB Hard Drive and Windows 10 Home

Bigfoot, Dec 10, 2016
  8. Bigfoot Win User

My mouse and keyboard still freezing up at least once a day, twice today so far. Each time I have to force a shut down by pressing the off button on my computer and holding it in for 6 seconds until the computer shuts off. I really hope I'm not damaging my computer by doing this so frequently.

I've changed out both the mouse and the keyboard, both freeze up and do not work when this happens. No keys work, so I can't do ctrl/alt/delete, etc. When I reboot and get back online, I always get the message that 'my last session stopped unexpectedly, would I like to resume.'

Without doing the clean boot or downloading drivers, anybody just have an idea as to why this is happening when I'm online?

Bigfoot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Weird Mouse/Cursor Problem Since I've Had My Windows 10 Computer - Similar Threads - Weird Mouse Cursor

2. Mouse Cursor problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Cursor problem: Hello. I have a problem whenever I try to change my mouse cursor on my computer. I do not know why I have this problem since I have not done anything with my system that I know of since I got it. So basically, whenever I change my cursor in my mouse settings, my cursor loads...
  3. I've had so many different BSOD'S I've had weird occurrences

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've had so many different BSOD'S I've had weird occurrences: I've been trying to fix this computer for weeks I reseated the ram, I've ran memory diagnostics, I've ran chkdsk, sfc, Dism, driver verified, turned off fast boot, ran troubleshooters, deleted new apps, updated my graphics card to the newest driver on the manufacturers...
  4. I've had so many different BSOD'S I've had weird occurrences

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've had so many different BSOD'S I've had weird occurrences: I've been trying to fix this computer for weeks I reseated the ram, I've ran memory diagnostics, I've ran chkdsk, sfc, Dism, driver verified, turned off fast boot, ran troubleshooters, deleted new apps, updated my graphics card to the newest driver on the manufacturers...
  5. Having a problem with my mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having a problem with my mouse cursor: Whenever I swipe my mouse too fast into the side of my screen, it disappears for a second and makes an error sound. When ever I spin around too fast in games, I freeze for a second. submitted by /u/Cfoshizzle [link] [comments]...
  6. Weird glitchy mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird glitchy mouse cursor: Hi, Early today, my cursor on my main screen (I have 2 screens) started looking a bit pixelated, but on my secondary screen it was working fine. I didn't really know what to do about it, so I went into the Change Mouse Size/Colour in the Settings menu, but when I changed it...
  7. computer acting weird and mouse cursor disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer acting weird and mouse cursor disappeared: my mouse cursor disappeared and i use the touchpad. after it appeared i couldnt move it or right click where shows a small window. so....it started acting weird like the right tab window where has notifications started appearing without clicking anything. then the left side...
  8. Mouse cursor acts weird

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse cursor acts weird: Good morning everyone, I hope some of you can help me. My mouse cursor acts extremely weird: when I left click it randomly executes a right click. Right now I must do a project on Inventor and it's basically impossible to continue. This is what I tried so far, but the problem...
  9. Mouse feeling weird since Windows 10 1803

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse feeling weird since Windows 10 1803: Hello everybody :) , Since Windows 10 CU in April my mouse feels everytime a too fast or too slow, when I disable the mouse accelaration.. I know, that it seems to be a common issue for some people which came with 1803, while MS fixed some other mouse bugs, which...
  10. I've had my play

in Windows 10 Support
    I've had my play: So I've had Windows 10 on my main desktop for a couple of weeks now. I like what I've seen so far and feel Microsoft are going in the right direction. However because this isn't even a consumer preview yet and I can't use programs like Windows Media Center, I have decided...