Windows 10: Weird network adapter causing slow Wi-Fi?

Discus and support Weird network adapter causing slow Wi-Fi? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So as of late I've been getting slow Wi-Fi speeds. I tried to solve the problem by updating all of my drivers to no avail. One odd observation that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WindowsUser1997, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Weird network adapter causing slow Wi-Fi?

So as of late I've been getting slow Wi-Fi speeds. I tried to solve the problem by updating all of my drivers to no avail. One odd observation that I notice though is whenever I try to update my drivers using Intel Driver Update Utility, Network Adapter/Bluetooth drivers specifically keep popping up even though in the previous test runs, I just downloaded and installed those same drivers, so I concluded that the main issue is definitely with the weird drivers. I'm also sure that the router isn't the culprit because the Wi-Fi speed is fine on other devices and the signal strength is at maximum whenever I use the Wi-Fi on this particular laptop.

Thanks for your help in advance.

:)

WindowsUser1997, Jul 18, 2016

2. disable permanently Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter

Update. It didn't worked, I restarted my computer and the "Microsoft Wi-Fi direct virtual adapter" returned.

The “netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow” command only affected Microsoft Hosted Network virtual adapter.

The "Microsoft Wi-Fi direct virtual adapter" and "Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter" are not the same thing, they appear as very different adapters.

And as I said, this adapter not only affects my wifi card, it also puts my main Hard Drives into shared folders without my permission and also creates a wifi network that I never set at all.

Isn't there a Service or something that's causing it? I was having previously a problem sharing Wi-Fi via my router on the Slow Ring build 14295, but that was a bug of the build that it fixed on Build 14342. It was on that newer build where this "Virtual
    Wi-Fi adapter" appeared suddenly and activated without my permission

Rodrigo Gonzalez Gomez, Jul 18, 2016
  3. disable permanently Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter

Try this: http://www.yourtypicalguide.com/for...ea-connection-11-or-any-number-in-windows-10/

Eduardo C. Santos, Jul 18, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Weird network adapter causing slow Wi-Fi?

CountMike, Jul 18, 2016
  5. fulo Win User
    Both my ASUS desktop and Dell laptop display like information when I run the Intel updater. Reading the instructions, they say the update is for OEM developers, general users should get updates from their OEM site. Mine might be different from your's

6. Thanks for the replies.

CountMike,
    I'm implying that you want me to downgrade the drivers and test to see if they work better? I'll test that later once I get home. I'm at my university right now and I notice that the download speeds are fine here, which makes it a slight chance that the router at my house is the problem (again, other devices at my house work just fine with the Wi-Fi so it's still highly unlikely).

fulo,
    I've attached a couple of images for you to compare.

Other info:
    -As you can tell from the images, I have an Intel Dual Band Wireless AC - 8260
    -The Wi-Fi was fine ever since I got this laptop in March up until about a week ago when it started acting up.

I'll report back after I test older drivers.

WindowsUser1997, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Weird network adapter causing slow Wi-Fi?

1. Weird network adapter causing slow Wi-Fi? - Similar Threads - Weird network adapter

2. Wi-Fi Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi Adapter: My laptop will no longer connect to the Wi-Fi. The network adapter says it is enabled but is not connected. I have tried device manager to uninstall and reinstall the network adapter. However that does not work. My question is how do I get it connected even though it says...
  3. Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter: I recently got a new laptop, an ASUS ROG Zephyrus. I updated the computer to Windows 11, and since then it has not been able to connect to the Wi-Fi. I've watched numerous videos on how to "solve" my problem, yet not have worked. I have gone through the troubleshooter, yet it...
  4. Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter

Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter: I recently got a new laptop, an ASUS ROG Zephyrus. I updated the computer to Windows 11, and since then it has not been able to connect to the Wi-Fi. I've watched numerous videos on how to "solve" my problem, yet not have worked. I have gone through the troubleshooter, yet it...
  5. Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues: Hello, I have a Dell Vostro 3558, Windows 10, and for several months now I've been having a problem with my Wi-Fi network adapter which prevents me to connect to the Internet. It wasn't so bad at first I would just shut down and boot pc again then the Wi-Fi would work but now...
  6. Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues: Hello, I have a Dell Vostro 3558, Windows 10, and for several months now I've been having a problem with my Wi-Fi network adapter which prevents me to connect to the Internet. It wasn't so bad at first I would just shut down and boot pc again then the Wi-Fi would work but now...
  7. Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues

8. Wi-Fi adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi adapter: My comuter says it has a Wi-Fi adapter but I can't get Wi-Fi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-adapter/b9617a96-78c2-46d9-874b-409565f9036c
  9. No Wi-Fi Adapter

No Wi-Fi Adapter: There is no Wi-Fi option/icon, nor Airplane mode. No Wi-Fi Adapter in Device Manager. My Windows is up to date, and so is all my Drivers. I've run the Network Troubleshooter multiple times. I've tried setting up a new network. I've reset the Network Adapters, reset my router,...
  10. Wi-Fi Adapter not visible in Network Connections

Wi-Fi Adapter not visible in Network Connections: I've encountered a problem with my Wireless connection as I think the driver got corrupted when Windows 10's auto update tried updating it but failed. The result was me being unable to "Enable" the adapter in Network and Sharing Centre/Network Adapters. It kept on saying...