Windows 10: weird problem: some keys temporarily do not work 30 minutes after boot

Discus and support weird problem: some keys temporarily do not work 30 minutes after boot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my problem is, that my t, y, shift, tab keys do not work 30 minutes after startup. This might seem weird, but on-screen keyboard does the same thing? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by awpyt, Oct 1, 2015.

1. awpyt Win User

weird problem: some keys temporarily do not work 30 minutes after boot

my problem is, that my t, y, shift, tab keys do not work 30 minutes after startup. This might seem weird, but on-screen keyboard does the same thing? I have not been able to identify the problem, can anyone help?

Edit: if i hold down on the key REALLY hard, sometimes it will work.

Edit: as i said, it works after 30 minutes, so is it a software problem?

:)

awpyt, Oct 1, 2015

2. After upgrade some keys do not work

As_anyone_could_tell_just_by_reading_this,_some_keys_in_my_laptop_stopped_working..so_far_i_have_noticed_a_few_numbers_and_the_spacebar_what_can_i_do??

Original title: Afterupgradesomekeysdonotwork

ShelseyUrueta, Oct 1, 2015
  3. After upgrade some keys do not work

Hello Shelsey,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

In order to troubleshoot the issue, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

To diagnose whether this issue occurs in
    “Safe Mode”
    , let’s reboot the computer in safe mode and check if the issue appears there as well.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. This helps us in identifying whether the issue is due to some
    third party programs conflict. The word Safe mode appear in the concern of your monitor to identify which windows mode you are using.

Follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Type settings in search and click on Settings.

• Click Update and recovery, and then tap or
      click Recovery.

• Under Advanced startup, tap or click Restart now.

• Once your PC restarts, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click
      Troubleshoot.

• If you don't see the Startup Settings option, tap or click
      advanced options.

• Tap or click Startup Settings.

• Tap or click Restart.

• On the Startup Settings screen, choose the
      Safe Mode.

• Sign in to your PC with a user account that has
      administrator rights.

If the issue does not exist, try to clean boot the system.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

[Steps for Windows 8.1 hold for Windows 10 systems]

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Oct 1, 2015
Thema:

weird problem: some keys temporarily do not work 30 minutes after boot

1. weird problem: some keys temporarily do not work 30 minutes after boot - Similar Threads - weird problem keys

2. 30 Minute boot time after a brownout.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    30 Minute boot time after a brownout.: Recently had a brownout pretty common where I live this time of year and after rebooting my PC it took approximately 30 minutes to load into the UI. Once in the UI absolutely nothing worked for another half hour, setting, cmd, disk cleanup even my 3rd party apps like discord....
  3. 30 Minute boot time after a brownout.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    30 Minute boot time after a brownout.: Recently had a brownout pretty common where I live this time of year and after rebooting my PC it took approximately 30 minutes to load into the UI. Once in the UI absolutely nothing worked for another half hour, setting, cmd, disk cleanup even my 3rd party apps like discord....
  4. BSOD 30 minutes after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD 30 minutes after startup: Hi,I recently did a fresh install of Windows, upgrading to Windows 11. For the first week it was working well, but after today, I've been having issues. I downloaded some updates the day the issues started, but the pc crashed before the reboot that was supposed to install...
  5. BSOD 30 minutes after startup

BSOD 30 minutes after startup: Hi,I recently did a fresh install of Windows, upgrading to Windows 11. For the first week it was working well, but after today, I've been having issues. I downloaded some updates the day the issues started, but the pc crashed before the reboot that was supposed to install...
  6. Weird some keys not working in chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird some keys not working in chrome: I have been experiencing the weirdest problem. When using Google Chrome and typing in dialog boxes or web forms, some keys either do not work at all or cause a reaction as if they were some kind of shortcut. As we speak ! I am typing this using an Edge browser without issue....
  7. Weird some keys not working in chrome

Weird some keys not working in chrome: I have been experiencing the weirdest problem. When using Google Chrome and typing in dialog boxes or web forms, some keys either do not work at all or cause a reaction as if they were some kind of shortcut. As we speak ! I am typing this using an Edge browser without issue....
  8. Windows boot up takes 30 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows boot up takes 30 minutes: Hey guys, I have a problem with system Boot. Last months i have a problem booting my PC, it takes more than 20 minutes to boot up. It used to do this only when the computer was restarted, now it always happens when I turn on the computer. Here is link with System Summary...
  9. PC will not boot for 30 minutes after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC will not boot for 30 minutes after windows update: Hello Since the Windows Updates in August I have found that after installing an update and shutting down/powering up or restarting my PC starts up and then switches off before starting up again. When the PC starts up there is no signal to the monitor but my keyboard and...
  10. BSOD after 30 minutes after boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after 30 minutes after boot: I run Win10 under Parallels at MacBook. Few days ago it started to crash about 30 minutes after boot. I don't need to do anything, just wait and it will die. Usually it's REGISTRY_ERROR, but sometimes another error. sfc shows some errors, but they don't look dangerous....