Windows 10: Weird Save Issues

Discus and support Weird Save Issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm having a weird issue saving things to my desktop. When I save any file from any program to my desktop with "save as" I get an error that the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fumjum, Feb 25, 2018.

1. fumjum Win User

Weird Save Issues

I'm having a weird issue saving things to my desktop. When I save any file from any program to my desktop with "save as" I get an error that the file could not be found, which obviously it couldn't because I haven't saved it yet. If I open a file that already exists on the desktop and change it and "save," it tells me the file may be protected and couldn't be saved. If I save in other places besides my desktop things save just fine except in other folders that are also on my desktop. I have tried restarting but that doesn't fix the problem. Could there be some weird security setting that I set? Is windows security center trying to protect me in an annoying way? Any help would be appreciated.

:)

fumjum, Feb 25, 2018

2. N95 8GB TV out

I actually had a weird issue with this, when playing the Spiderman3 movie into the tv, ALL (and I mean ALL) of my pictures and video's that were saved on the phone were wiped, I was most distressed Weird Save Issues :(

sc00byd00byd00, Feb 25, 2018
  3. 6300 T9 dictionary does not store words - problem

Ha ha! After you have saved the word, re-type it and it DOES save it! Even after a re-boot it works, weird how you have to do that.

julyan---01, Feb 25, 2018
  4. fumjum Win User

Weird Save Issues

Nevermind, I figured it out. I had Controlled Folder Access turned on in Windows Defender and that was the cause. I figure I'd leave this up in case someone else needs the help.

fumjum, Feb 25, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    Welcome to TenForums @fumjum

Controlled Folder Access is a useful protection against ransomware. If you want to turn it back on (I have it turned on) then you may need to grant some of your app access. Defender actually helps you by telling you what to add.

The action center notification for a Controlled Folder Access event tells you exactly what was blocked and the path to find it. You can then just add it to the 'allowed apps' list.

This is not always the obvious executable you'd expect. LibreOffice is a case in point. To get full access for my LibreOffice it was soffice.bin that had to be an allowed app.

If you no longer have the action center notification to hand, or if the path was truncated because it's too long, don't worry. These Controlled Folder Access events are also recorded in the Event Log as Event ID 1123 in...
    Application and Service Logs/Microsoft/Windows/Windows Defender/Operation

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Weird Save Issues

1. Weird Save Issues - Similar Threads - Weird Save Issues

2. WEIRD ISSUE....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WEIRD ISSUE....: Hey thereso I got a really strange issue.my firefox browser is having weird lines on each corner except the top bar.and anyone tell me how to fix it?coz i tried uninstalling it and re-installing it again but nothing seems to work.I have other browsers installed but they don't...
  3. WEIRD ISSUE....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WEIRD ISSUE....: Hey thereso I got a really strange issue.my firefox browser is having weird lines on each corner except the top bar.and anyone tell me how to fix it?coz i tried uninstalling it and re-installing it again but nothing seems to work.I have other browsers installed but they don't...
  4. Weird Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Issue: today i noticed that on every key i press he pop out on my screen and i dont know how to cancel it. if anyone could help here is a picture of how it looks. thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-issue/0cdc4598-59fe-4f21-83a4-6bf529b913f0
  5. Weird Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Issue: today i noticed that on every key i press he pop out on my screen and i dont know how to cancel it. if anyone could help here is a picture of how it looks. thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-issue/0cdc4598-59fe-4f21-83a4-6bf529b913f0
  6. Weird Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Weird issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird issues: Earlier today, my computerlaptop froze and the screen became full of large flashing red dots. After restarting, my screen started flashing between what was supposed to be on my screen and what was on my screen before the freeze. However, over time, it went away. This has...
  8. Weird issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Weird issue: Hi when i go to lock screen the screen goes to messed up colour's and cannot see anything but i goes away if i press windows key plus P to second second screen then i go back to pc screen only and it is correctly showing my pc any know issues :) 147951
  9. Saving issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving issues: Lately I have been having issues trying to save files for the first time. It does not matter whether it is word, notepad or whatever. Currently it is in the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. I keep getting the error File not Found. Check the file name and try again. How do I fix this?...
  10. Weird Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Issue: Hi guys. Bit of a strange issue. Sometimes when i use a particular burning program (ConvertXTOdvd), and following closing of the program for some reason whenever i begin browsing and Firefox opens, it won't show its open on the Taskbar but will be open in the screen if that...