Windows 10: Weird screen dimming issue.

Discus and support Weird screen dimming issue. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For the last few weeks I've had this bizarre issue where my screen will randomly dim. I can't click on anything when this happens.. The only way to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Macjei, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Macjei Win User

Weird screen dimming issue.

For the last few weeks I've had this bizarre issue where my screen will randomly dim. I can't click on anything when this happens.. The only way to fix it, is to either restart my computer or re-log.

Any suggestions?

:)

Macjei, Feb 3, 2016
  2. mempto Win User

When I switch tabs from a dark colored screen to a brighter screen the screen takes a few seconds to brighten...

So I have a weird screen issue where the screen brightness keeps adjusting based on how bright or dark the screen is...so when I switch from a dark screen to a brighter screen the screen seems to have dimmed and takes a few seconds to brighten to the correct
    brightness setting. Does anyone know how to fix this? Adaptive brightness is turned off.

mempto, Feb 3, 2016
  3. Screen Dim Issue

Hi Donald,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We apologize for the delay in response.

Follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Type Power Options in the search box next to
    Start icon and select the top most search result.

Step 2: Click on Change when the computer sleeps
    from the left side of the window panel and slide both the bars to maximum brightness under
    Adjust plan brightness.

Step 3: Click on Save Changes and close the window. Check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps!

Get back to us if you have any queries related to Windows, we will be happy to help you.

Than you.

Likhitha V, Feb 3, 2016
  4. GAS
    Gas Win User

Your system Specs are very usefull, someone will surely help you about this issue. *chuckle

5. Macjei Win User
    System Information:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10240) (10240.th1.160104-1507)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/15/13 10:55:41 Ver: 04.06.05
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-9370 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.5GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16364MB RAM
    Page File: 5747MB used, 13049MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported

Macjei, Feb 4, 2016
  6. b1rd Win User
    Hey Macjei,

I did some checking and I saw a few sites that suggested turning off 'adaptive brightness.' Not sure if this is applicable in your case or not.

This is for Win-8, but it should work for Win-10

How to Disable Adaptive Brightness

b1rd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Weird screen dimming issue. - Similar Threads - Weird screen dimming

2. screen dimming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen dimming: Screen dimming wont turn off when I have split tabs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-dimming/58c5a185-c1e2-4a9f-bf5f-7aa1d3d0be1d
  3. screen dimming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen dimming: Screen dimming wont turn off when I have split tabs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-dimming/58c5a185-c1e2-4a9f-bf5f-7aa1d3d0be1d
  4. Dim Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dim Screen: Why is my screen like this?My screen suddenly dims whenever I open minimized appsSomeone help me pleaseI have already tried doing several system restores, sfc /scannow but none worked.It doesn't get dim for some time after a system restore is complete. But if I restart the...
  5. Dim Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dim Screen: Why is my screen like this?My screen suddenly dims whenever I open minimized appsSomeone help me pleaseI have already tried doing several system restores, sfc /scannow but none worked.It doesn't get dim for some time after a system restore is complete. But if I restart the...
  6. Screen Dimming

Screen Dimming: Hello, Ever since a few days ago, the screen brightness on my Surface Laptop keeps reducing to the minimum. I have turned off automatic adjustment to brightness in the Display section in Settings, and still this keeps happening. The brightness indicator on the top left of...
  7. Windows 10 Screen Dim Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Screen Dim Issue: Custom Built Computer Tower with Windows 10 Screen Dimming Issue Under my About photo here [ATTACH] I have checked to see if I have adaptive brightness and I don't screen shot below [ATTACH] Video Card Up to date of AMD Sapphire RX 580 8GB Screen shot below...
  8. Screen dimming and video playback issues.

Screen dimming and video playback issues.: Hello! Recently my laptop has been having some issues. I've noticed that now-a-days whenever I put my laptop in charging, the screen brightens, and when I unplug it, it dims. I've also seen a similar thing in video playback. Whenever I'm watching netflix, or just even a...
  9. dimming the screen

dimming the screen: I'd like to lower the brightness even further than the display options show. My slider is all the way to the left. It would be great if there was a slider that could lower it all the way to black, as the screen is still far too bright. -Zach...
  10. Screen Dimming Issue

Screen Dimming Issue: My laptop suddenly started dimming randomly. It seems to happen whenever the laptop is performing a CPU intensive task or something. Basically, the screen dims for a second and then goes back to its original brightness. This can happen multiple times a minute. Then it stops....