Windows 10: Weird sleep error?

Discus and support Weird sleep error? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Okay so something odd happened to me last night. When I went to go put my computer to sleep it was taking an abnormal long time to go into sleep. Yet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Redbatman, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Redbatman Win User

Weird sleep error?

Okay so something odd happened to me last night. When I went to go put my computer to sleep it was taking an abnormal long time to go into sleep. Yet it was able to after a few minutes, so I turned it on and tried again and it wasn't going to sleep at all for about 3-5 minutes so I decided to hold the powe button and turn it off.

Much to may dismay upon reboot it took me to the login screen and after signing in it said that my Hdd had some corruption on it and needed to fixed, so I ran chkdsk and it said it needed to restart to fix errors, so after a few restarts, a failed system restore and letting chkdsk do its thing up the fourth or fifth restart chkdsk fixed the errors.

So I right clicked my hard drive an did another chkdsk and it said it detected no errors, I even checked my crystal disk info and it said my hard drives are in good shape.

My main concerns are if I should and further testing on my Hdd to make sure it's fine. Most importantly I want to figure out what caused my system not to go into in manual sleep. I did try putting it too manual sleep once last night after chkdsk did it's fix and this morning and it went to sleep quickly no issue. But I'm concerned about future events that mat c a use it again. What should I do to help this issue in case it happens again, or should u write it off as a fluke.

Also for system restore I'm not too surprised it didn't work since it probably got corrupted after my forced shutdown. Plus after reading how people still have issues with it and how even ask Leo doesn't even like it. I'm just gonna use a 3rd party image application. What's the favorite one to use again? Macrum R?

:)

Redbatman, Apr 10, 2017

2. How to permanently delete Library folders?

By "they" I assume you mean the folders and not the apps? So the deleted default Libraries are recreated even after you simply resume the PC from sleep? Weird indeed.

RobertJWin, Apr 10, 2017
  3. Taddeusz Win User
    Windows 10 Won't Sleep Automatically

Weird, I don't have to go to that extreme at all. I just either go to the "Windows" menu and then click the power button and select Sleep or right click the "Windows" menu and go to "Shut down or sign out" and select Sleep.

Never had issues with it sleeping manually.

Taddeusz, Apr 10, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Weird sleep error?

A chkdsk after a hard shutdown is often the case. If windows detects the disk was shut down 'dirty' it runs chkdsk as a precaution.

Maybe, or it could be coincidence and it wouldn't have worked anyway - there is a known issue with system restore that affects some people.
    System Restore fails: AppxStaging %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApp 0x80070091

Yes, Macrium Reflect get's recommended regularly here. A system image is a better solution than system restore and should be an integral part of your backup regime.

A running process can postpone going into sleep, windows update was busy, perhaps? Bar running sfc /scannow to check system integrity you've done all you can for now. I'd put it down as a 'one off'.

Thema:

Weird sleep error?

1. Weird sleep error? - Similar Threads - Weird sleep error

2. Weird Wake From Sleep Issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Wake From Sleep Issue.: Tried to wake my computer up from using sleep for the first time Windows 7 Professional SP1 X64. Pressed some keys on my USB keyboard and moved my mouse but it only woke up when I held the power button briefly. Not a problem in itself as I probably had the option to wake from...
  3. Weird Wake From Sleep Issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Wake From Sleep Issue.: Tried to wake my computer up from using sleep for the first time Windows 7 Professional SP1 X64. Pressed some keys on my USB keyboard and moved my mouse but it only woke up when I held the power button briefly. Not a problem in itself as I probably had the option to wake from...
  4. Weird battery drain on sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird battery drain on sleep: My laptop seems to drain about 40-50% battery overnight on sleep some days.The sleep study reports of my laptop are attached below. The first image is of when the battery got drained and the second image is of the day when it didn't.I'm not able to figure out what is actually...
  5. Weird battery drain on sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird battery drain on sleep: My laptop seems to drain about 40-50% battery overnight on sleep some days.The sleep study reports of my laptop are attached below. The first image is of when the battery got drained and the second image is of the day when it didn't.I'm not able to figure out what is actually...
  6. Weird battery drain on sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. weird error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    weird error: Log Name: Security Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing Date: 2/17/2021 8:59:47 PM Event ID: 4798 Task Category: User Account Management Level: Information Keywords: Audit Success User: N/A Computer: ₩яξ₭ɐɓ3...
  8. Weird error.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weird error.: [ATTACH] Okay so it says I'm up to date but it also shows a red error, so I don't know what's going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-error/8b38db2f-22d7-4c76-b95e-27815114f6d6
  9. a relly weird error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    a relly weird error: ok so will start from the begining i was just using my vpn (nordvpn) and switched it off and on here and there then i also used bitdefendervpn here and there but not as much then one day i get the relly weard thing where i can like access websites and stuff that i have...
  10. Weird noises in sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird noises in sleep: So i had just closed a google window and put the system in sleep mode.15 minutes later, as im in bed trying to sleep, my computer starts making this constant beep noise, so i unplug it. Id like to know some ideas of what the cause of this could be. I use a windows 10 PC with...