Windows 10: Weird sound problem in Windows 10 System sounds not playing

Discus and support Weird sound problem in Windows 10 System sounds not playing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a strange problem in W10 .. Fall Creators Update... but it is NOT no sound... just many system sounds do not play and will not play out of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jdsmort, Mar 22, 2018.

1. jdsmort Win User

Weird sound problem in Windows 10 System sounds not playing

I have a strange problem in W10 .. Fall Creators Update... but it is NOT no sound... just many system sounds do not play and will not play out of the Control Panel sound app sound test. The .wav files all play if I go to /Windows/media and select them, but will not from the sound test.. and many don't play when expected to either..
    Understand that in this case I have already gone through the process of check of hardware, drivers etc. and sound is fine on playback on this computer.. will play anything in the way of files as expected.. audio, Vid with audio... just not doing system sounds.
    I have processed a Dism check, sfc, and various troubleshooters, and ensured audio service is running as expected... so as I said.. a weird problem... and yes, I have checked to ensure the .wav files are selected in the Sounds app..... Any ideas???

:)

jdsmort, Mar 22, 2018
  2. HamzaSW Win User

Distorted system sounds only over the speakers

I ran the troubleshooter , which promptly reinstalled the audio driver . even the sound which was played in the audio troubleshooter was perfectly fine .

and it stayed that way after the troubleshooter reinstalled the driver.

it is only the system sounds which are coming out distorted .

I think I may have corrupt system sound files on my windows , as I opened "change system sounds" from the start menu and played a couple of the sounds there which all came out distorted. but the weird thing is that through my headphones they seem fine and
    clear .

HamzaSW, Mar 22, 2018
  3. AdeSirbu' Win User
    update windows 10- sound problems

Hi, I read that you all have problems with your sound system after upgrading windows 10. My problem is that I tried to listen music on youtube and it sounds so weird, a low quality sound. I checked the quality of the video, there was no problem with that-1080p.
    what's wrong? Weird sound problem  in Windows 10 System sounds not playing :(

AdeSirbu', Mar 22, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Last time I dealt with this it was this:
    System Sounds not working? Solved - Windows 10 Forums

...I searched the forum for 'system sounds'.

Worth checking.. however you say 'many system sounds' - so do any play normally at any time?

It's not a question of the wav association.

dalchina, Mar 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Weird sound problem in Windows 10 System sounds not playing - Similar Threads - Weird sound problem

2. Weird sound problem where the sound plays but "no input device available" with bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird sound problem where the sound plays but "no input device available" with bluetooth...: I have paired my ipad to my windows 11 computer and the sound from the ipad plays just fine on my computer speakers.But the sound mixer says that no input device found, despite it clearly working.How could I get the thing visible as input source too?...
  3. Weird sound problem where the sound plays but "no input device available" with bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird sound problem where the sound plays but "no input device available" with bluetooth...: I have paired my ipad to my windows 11 computer and the sound from the ipad plays just fine on my computer speakers.But the sound mixer says that no input device found, despite it clearly working.How could I get the thing visible as input source too?...
  4. Weird Sound keeps playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Sound keeps playing: I keep hearing a weird sound play, it plays every couple of minutes, It could play at any moment, while I'm gaming, watching videos, or doing anything at all really.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E7mCuIs9GbAjgl8Ssa2WnkvnD6KPnKOy/view?usp=sharingI caught the sound, and in...
  5. Weird Sound keeps playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Sound keeps playing: I keep hearing a weird sound play, it plays every couple of minutes, It could play at any moment, while I'm gaming, watching videos, or doing anything at all really.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E7mCuIs9GbAjgl8Ssa2WnkvnD6KPnKOy/view?usp=sharingI caught the sound, and in...
  6. Weird Sound keeps playing

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Weird sound problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird sound problem: So after some weeks from a clean installation of windows 10 a weird sound problem has appeared. my microphone just stops working after some momments and i can see that it works perfectly. i pluged in another mic to see if it was broken but no, same problem there too.i was on...
  8. Windows 10 System Sounds Not Playing

Windows 10 System Sounds Not Playing: Hey, everybody. I've been using this computer for well over a year and all of the sudden this week for no reason it stopped playing system sounds. Like, they literally don't play. A common problem is that it's set to zero in the volume mixer. Well, I set the system sounds...
  9. Windows 10 System Sounds Not Playing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 System Sounds Not Playing: Hey, everybody. I've been using this computer for well over a year and all of the sudden this week for no reason it stopped playing system sounds. Like, they literally don't play. A common problem is that it's set to zero in the volume mixer. Well, I set the system sounds...
  10. Some weird sound problem.

Some weird sound problem.: Basically, everything works, except for voice chat. Whenever Skype is launched, or Teamspeak, or even the Steam calls, it completely crashes the sound of the computer. It's not the output devices, or the automatic volume lowering from communications, it just completely...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows system sounds sound weird

2. win 10 anything besides system dsounds weird

3. windows 10 playing strange sound

4. windows 10 sound weird sound,
  5. wierd sound windows 10,
  6. windows 10 system sounds not playing