Windows 10: Weird Spotlight Problem

Discus and support Weird Spotlight Problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm having a weird issue with Windows Spotlight on several systems, and granted, this is hardly a major issue that's preventing me from using a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DeaconFrost, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Weird Spotlight Problem

I'm having a weird issue with Windows Spotlight on several systems, and granted, this is hardly a major issue that's preventing me from using a computer.

Anyway, I have five different Windows 10 systems. Some are Pro, some are Home, however, they are all legit and activated.

One two of them, I use a domain account. Spotlight works perfectly, showing me new random wallpaper at the lock screen. The other three, I use my Microsoft account, and no matter what I try, Spotlight isn't working. I am able to verify that the wallpaper files are downloading and that it is set properly in Settings, but it fails to run on all three. Even if I wipe out the system and clean install Windows 10, I cannot get Spotlight to work. I've cleared the directory, changed Settings to disable then enable it, and still no luck. I've used a local account, and all was well until I add my Microsoft account.

So, is there a setting in my Microsoft account/sync that is preventing Spotlight to function?

:)

DeaconFrost, Oct 18, 2016

2. Spotlight on lock screen is not working while I see the Assets folder being populated

Before you replied Ric, I added the user Everyone to the Assets folder with read rights. From that moment Spotlight was working. Although when I checked 'Not a fan' on the lock screen it would fallback again to a picture. I had to go back
    to the settings and switch between Spotlight - Picture - Spotlight for it to work again.

But disabling all apps and the 'show lock screen background picture on the sign in screen' set to off, it works again.

So I guess this problem is resolved, but in a weird way it seems

AlvinBakker, Oct 18, 2016
  3. Spotlight image not changing on startup screen

By the way:

If I change my lockscreen image manually under settings app then this image will be shown on boot although I changed the setting back to windows spotlight.

Maybe someone can create a tool which sets the lockscreen image to the current spotlight one and then switch this setting back to spotlight images.

Well sounds weird, but I really really liked this feature. Every boot up screen was pretty beautiful because my PC is configured to not go to sleep and thus I will never see the spotlight images again.

LouBen3010, Oct 18, 2016
Thema:

Weird Spotlight Problem

1. Weird Spotlight Problem - Similar Threads - Weird Spotlight Problem

2. Weird problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird problem: 2 days ago, I bought a new laptop that comes with windows 11 OS. Then, I uninstalled the McAfee antivirus because I don't want it. Then, my bluetooth can't work anymore right after that uninstallation of McAfee anti virus. Then, I proceeded to use system restore to revert the...
  3. Weird problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird problem: 2 days ago, I bought a new laptop that comes with windows 11 OS. Then, I uninstalled the McAfee antivirus because I don't want it. Then, my bluetooth can't work anymore right after that uninstallation of McAfee anti virus. Then, I proceeded to use system restore to revert the...
  4. Weird problem . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird problem . . .: My name is, Dana. This is my problem I have a dual boot computer running Windows 10 and Windows 11 excuse my punctuation I'm speaking into a microphone and I don't really want to go back and correct it so do your best to read it I have a pin setup that I use for both Windows...
  5. Weird problem . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird problem . . .: My name is, Dana. This is my problem I have a dual boot computer running Windows 10 and Windows 11 excuse my punctuation I'm speaking into a microphone and I don't really want to go back and correct it so do your best to read it I have a pin setup that I use for both Windows...
  6. Weird problem . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. There is a weird problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There is a weird problem: There is a weird problem in my computer. When I plugged my charger at my computer and I tried to open games like Valorant etc., I could not open game game gave errors about internet connection or there is a another example, I opened another game like offline game and I want...
  8. Windows Spotlight Problem

Windows Spotlight Problem: Already posted this. But the other thread have been closed. "I accidentally clicked "Like" on a picture that I don't like and now I can't get rid of it. There is no way to change the vote or to reset Windows Spotlight. Windows 10 2004 ALREADY TRIED THESE STEPS:...
  9. Windows Spotlight Problem

Windows Spotlight Problem: I accidentally clicked "Like" on a picture that I don't like and now I can't get rid of it. There is no way to change the vote or to reset Windows Spotlight. Windows 10 2004 ALREADY TRIED THESE STEPS:...
  10. weird problem?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    weird problem?: Hello. You can call me Ayman. My english isnt good, so i'm sorry for that. My pc is running Windows 10 Pro since 2 months, and its running smoothly till this day. without an obvious reason, the PC just became trash, after a while of the start up or even in a game the PC...