Windows 10: Weird symbols in this particular app.

Discus and support Weird symbols in this particular app. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [IMG] This just happens when I launch the app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Salty_Peanuts, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Weird symbols in this particular app.

Weird symbols in this particular app. [​IMG]

This just happens when I launch the app

:)

Salty_Peanuts, Aug 19, 2018

2. Weird symbol on my E50

I have a weird symbol on my E50 phone which is like a capital S placed just slightly above and to the right of another capital S. I've looked in the online user manual and just about everywhere on this site and the web but can't find a thing about it. Anybody
    know what this symbol is?

Cheers

artysin---01, Aug 19, 2018
  3. resetting keyboard symbols

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to remove English UK and just have the default English US under keyboard input language and check.

Step 1:To keep English US as the default input language and to remove other installed services

a. Type Settings in the search bar and click on the setting symbol on the top right.

b. Click on Time and Languages.

c. Click on Region and Languages.

d. Under the languages tab.

e. Click and Change the language to English US.

Step 2:Use on screen keyboard to type the characters (@, “)

To use on-screen keyboard, follow the steps below.

a. Click on Start; type “On-screen” without quotes and hit Enter.

b. Now check if you’re able to get right characters.

Let us know if it helps or post back for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Weird symbols in this particular app.

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Weird symbols in this particular app.

1. Weird symbols in this particular app. - Similar Threads - Weird symbols particular

2. Weird symbol is appearing on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird symbol is appearing on my desktop: This weird symbol is appearing on my desktop. i can't even click on it neither i could check from where it is coming please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-symbol-is-appearing-on-my-desktop/ec355c33-17ef-454f-929e-e58215a70d48
  3. Wifi name with weird 'x' symbol

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi name with weird 'x' symbol: what is this weird x looking symbol on my wifi name?wifi keep getting disconnected in a while and I have to re enter password and connect to it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-name-with-weird-x-symbol/e05f7c96-8866-4d6b-a36e-24719d41e5e8
  4. Weird symbol on Startup Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird symbol on Startup Programs: Hi, I found this weird program in my startup programs settings. I am unsure if this is part of Windows or malware. If its malware, please guide me on how to eradicate it. EDIT: I find out that it also disappears when I re-opened the settings tab. Probably is visible during...
  5. Weird symbol on Startup Programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird symbol on Startup Programs: Hi, I found this weird program in my startup programs settings. I am unsure if this is part of Windows or malware. If its malware, please guide me on how to eradicate it. EDIT: I find out that it also disappears when I re-opened the settings tab. Probably is visible during...
  6. Weird symbol on Startup Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird symbol on Startup Programs: Hi, I found this weird program in my startup programs settings. I am unsure if this is part of Windows or malware. If its malware, please guide me on how to eradicate it. TIA...
  7. Weird symbol

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird symbol: [ATTACH] I started seeing this symbol in Chrome very often today. This appears for a split second when I press Shift, Ctrl, do a click or double click, and in some other situations. This is displayed in the upper left corner. tf is it?...
  8. Weird Symbol where colon should be

Weird Symbol where colon should be: I had windows 10 for a very long time and I originally thought it was supposed to be there and apparently its not but I have all my fonts I don't have winaero tweaker or whatever and it's really been bugging me but i've also got my fonts on some my apps messed up but when I...
  9. Computers showing weird symbols.

Computers showing weird symbols.: Split from this thread. Not sure what uptdate happend, but my 2 computers start showing this weird symbols on the numbers and it does affect all the documents. As well my key "t, y and backspace" stop working dont sure if was as a part of the uptdate or just coincidental....
  10. Firefox does not show a particular link symbol

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox does not show a particular link symbol: After the recent update of Firefox, something has changed. Accessing my router, a particular window shows a symbol/pictue, which link directs to another window in the router. After the recent Firefox update, that symbol/picture changed into three dots, hardly visible. They...