Windows 10: Weird taskbar bug

Discus and support Weird taskbar bug in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, since I updated to Windows 10 my taskbar is running weird. It hides only sometimes, and it's a bit laggy. Today I was using my PC as usual and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by filipeteles, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Weird taskbar bug

So, since I updated to Windows 10 my taskbar is running weird. It hides only sometimes, and it's a bit laggy.

Today I was using my PC as usual and all of a sudden every OS window/menu became buggy: taskbar, start button would not come up, alt-tab wasn't working, task manager and windows explorer would crash.

If I launched an app using something like Launchy, the app would open normally and I would use it without any issues.

I thought it was a hardware issue but I ran BIOS diagnostic and it was fine. I restarted a bunch of times and for some reason I decided to uncheck auto-hide taskbar and everything started to run 100% again.

Has anyone had similar bugs? Or can it be something else and it was just random that it stopped after I unchecked auto-hide?

:)

filipeteles, Nov 3, 2015
  2. Axii Win User

Windows 10: Extremely weird Taskbar bug, am I the only one with it?

I'll link a GIF.

http://i.gyazo.com/7e526a8c6292c7d6af80e61de5ab8f75.gif

Watching that, you'll realize that the search/taskview button acts as 2 pinned object on my taskbar, that just so happends to be unmoveable.

I've them disabled, but... IF this is a legit bug that other people have, why not get the word out.

.. Haven't been able to find a single other person this bug, weird AF.

-

Axii, Nov 3, 2015
  3. riku242 Win User
    Weird Taskbar

Hello,

(1) Version: 1607

OS Build: 14393.1715

Went to control panel but it could not find anything with "custom scaling"--everything appears to be fine, though.

(2) Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500

Version: "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1616&CC_0300

(3) CPU BIOS model name - Ix-5xxxxU

So the zip files I had downloaded a while ago from the site had applications to launch,

but that option is not showing after the BIOS file is downloaded and extracted.

I'm also a bit hesitant on messing with the BIOS. I really don't know what I did to

this computer...

riku242, Nov 3, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Weird taskbar bug

Have you found a solution for this bug? If so, which one? I'm asking because you marked it as solved...

Joergi, Nov 3, 2015
  5. Well, by unchecking auto-hide it went away, so I wasn't sure if I should've marked it solved or not.

filipeteles, Nov 3, 2015
  6. Joergi Win User
    I believe that if an auto-hide option exists, then it also should be working. And it doesn't in your case... ;-)

Joergi, Nov 3, 2015
  7. Actually, I started to have issues again, even with auto-hide turned off. Really strange, the GUI of everything related to the OS (explorer, taskbar, start menu, task manager) is kinda buggy and slow. No idea how to troubleshoot it.

filipeteles, Nov 4, 2015
  8. dalchina New Member

Weird taskbar bug

Hi, first, in Task Manager, what is your idle CPU use- and if a lot higher than, say, 5%, please post a screenshot.
    And is your disk use near 0 when your PC is idle?

Also suggest you check your graphics driver is what you expect. (In Device Manager)

Clearly with your hardware you'd expect a fairly snappy response when idle.

Now it seems something changed today.. is all well if you do a clean boot?
    Do you have good AV protection?

Please do basic checks:
    chkdsk C: /F
    & from an elevated command prompt
    sfc /scannow

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Weird taskbar bug

1. Weird taskbar bug - Similar Threads - Weird taskbar bug

2. this weird bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this weird bug: When i type w or p a slash randomly appears how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-weird-bug/7f1fa133-c0a1-45bf-b646-20c500718c90
  3. this weird bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    this weird bug: When i type w or p a slash randomly appears how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-weird-bug/7f1fa133-c0a1-45bf-b646-20c500718c90
  4. Weird bug - Right click on program taskbar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird bug - Right click on program taskbar.: As anyone seen this bug yet? It's driving me nuts. I can't seem to pinpoint when it started happening. submitted by /u/Tharockus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/y6biw5/weird_bug_right_click_on_program_taskbar/
  5. Weird Win 11 taskbar behavior/bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Win 11 taskbar behavior/bug?: So I'm working on a clean Windows 11 install, and ran into a weird taskbar behavior when rearranging icons. Moving icons not matter what icon it is far across to the other side or maybe past a large number of icons causes the taskbar to restart and move the icon back to the...
  6. Weird Win 11 taskbar behavior/bug?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Win 11 taskbar behavior/bug?: So I'm working on a clean Windows 11 install, and ran into a weird taskbar behavior when rearranging icons. Moving icons not matter what icon it is far across to the other side or maybe past a large number of icons causes the taskbar to restart and move the icon back to the...
  7. Weird "bug"

Weird "bug": Google Chrome (8) is the real one... The other tasks open in background and lags my pc... Any solutions? ty submitted by /u/ceo_aratify [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ll9d68/weird_bug/
  8. Weird bug

Weird bug: My taskbar is floating after my sister was messing around on my pc. It’s usually on the very bottom. Does anyone have a fix? submitted by /u/ryanrice789 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khvzat/weird_bug/
  9. 1909: Weird taskbar bug with transparency effect ON

in Windows 10 Customization
    1909: Weird taskbar bug with transparency effect ON: Windows version number 1909 So, I'm using touch keyboard from time to time even on my desktop PC. The funny thing is when I activate it near the clock the taskbar goes darker and a bit more transparent for a second and than goes back to default (brighter gray - barely...
  10. Weird bug with the Windows 10 taskbar and Firefox

Weird bug with the Windows 10 taskbar and Firefox: I'm having this bug with Firefox I can't solve. Windows 10 (pro 1909) taskbar is set to automatically hide and should unhide when I move my cursor to the bottom of the screen. This works with any program or app but Firefox. With Firefox maximized the taskbar never unhides...