Windows 10: Weird taskbar icon thumbnails for Firefox

Discus and support Weird taskbar icon thumbnails for Firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Not sure if this is a browser (latest Firefox) or Windows problem, so I'll describe the issue here. All my program shortcuts are placed on the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by flycaster, May 22, 2016.

1. flycaster Win User

Weird taskbar icon thumbnails for Firefox

Not sure if this is a browser (latest Firefox) or Windows problem, so I'll describe the issue here.

All my program shortcuts are placed on the taskbar. The problem I'm about to describe and show, only occurs with the Firefox taskbar icon and its preview thumbnails. And will happen whether one or multiple tabs are on the tab bar. When hovering the cursor over FF's tab bar icon, and then hovering (and not clicking) the cursor over a tab's preview thumbnail, FF's window will now show several tiled FF's with the present thumbnails site on top. But, now clicking on that thumbnail, the site will open as a single site...with no evidence of the other apparently opened FF's. This only happens with the FF taskbar icon's thumbnail and not with any of the other icons on the bar.

Here are some captures of this odd occurrence:

Weird taskbar icon thumbnails for Firefox [​IMG]

Weird taskbar icon thumbnails for Firefox [​IMG]

:)

flycaster, May 22, 2016
  2. Sambob101 Win User

Taskbar not showing popup icons for multiple windows

If I only have one of a certain type of window open on my taskbar, then when I hover over the icon for it, a thumbnail of the window will pop up as expected. If however, I have 2 or more of the same type of window open on my taskbar, (e.g. 2 File Explorer
    windows) then when I hover over the icon, the names of the windows will be displayed rather than the thumbnails of the windows. How do I change this so that the thumbnails appear when I have multiple of the same type of window open and I hover over the icon
    on the taskbar?

Sambob101, May 22, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Auto-hide Taskbar and Thumbnails NOT Disappearing

I see many posts, here and elsewhere, complaining that taskbar thumbnails are not visible, disappear too quickly, or how to disable the thumbnails altogether. My problem is on the other side of the fence: For some reason, my taskbar and thumbnails recently
    started staying visible, even when I am working on another task in another window.

For instance, suppose I am in a browser, and mouse to the bottom of the display, which causes the taskbar to appear. When I hover the mouse over the Outlook taskbar icon, the Outlook taskbar thumbnail appears. However, when I return to the browser window,
    and operate there, the taskbar and Outlook thumbnail remain visible.

Is there a setting somewhere that governs this behavior?

jenkins-ear, May 22, 2016
Thema:

Weird taskbar icon thumbnails for Firefox

1. Weird taskbar icon thumbnails for Firefox - Similar Threads - Weird taskbar icon

2. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail: As you can see in the attached image the icons of my recently opened apps is appearing plane instead of showing the specific app icon image/thumbnail.Can anyone tell me how to fix this?...
  3. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail: As you can see in the attached image the icons of my recently opened apps is appearing plane instead of showing the specific app icon image/thumbnail.Can anyone tell me how to fix this?...
  4. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Weird Microsoft Store icon on taskbar

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Weird Microsoft Store icon on taskbar: I'm getting a weird icon for the microsoft store on the taskbar of windows 10. It happened also with spotify, but I uninstalled it and installed back, and it came back to normal, but I can't do the same with microsoft store. Unpinning it from taskbar does not fix the problem....
  6. Taskbar Thumbnail Preview Acting Weird

Taskbar Thumbnail Preview Acting Weird: Hi, I'm a minor that just wanted to know what was going on. My operating system is Windows 10 Home. Usually, when you scroll your cursor over a taskbar icon, it shows a little picture, or thumbnail, of what it is if it's open. My problem is that sometimes, when I do this,...
  7. Weird bug with the Windows 10 taskbar and Firefox

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird bug with the Windows 10 taskbar and Firefox: I'm having this bug with Firefox I can't solve. Windows 10 (pro 1909) taskbar is set to automatically hide and should unhide when I move my cursor to the bottom of the screen. This works with any program or app but Firefox. With Firefox maximized the taskbar never unhides...
  8. Icons on the taskbar got weird.

Icons on the taskbar got weird.: Since 2-3 days ago, the icons on the taskbar began to act weird. First off, the volume icon was missing. So, I researched it and found a solution. It said that open the taskbar setting window and check select which icons appear on the taskbar. There were toggle buttons and...
  9. Unable to Pin Firefox icon to taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to Pin Firefox icon to taskbar: Firefox is my only greyed background tile but this is not a problem. My problem is I am not able to Pin Firefox to taskbar. Pin to taskbar option is not present when I right-click the program or the shortcut on All apps [img] For three days now I am trying every...
  10. pin shortcuts to the firefox icon in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    pin shortcuts to the firefox icon in taskbar: I have always had shortcuts pinned to my Firefox icon in my taskbar like windows 10 forum,the login for my work place, you tube,ETC.but the short cuts are gone on my windows 32 they are still on my win.64 ..When I drag a short to my win.32 Firefox Icon in taskbar it says pen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. weird firefox icon