Windows 10: Weird Taskbar Orientation

Discus and support Weird Taskbar Orientation in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I know that this is probably a super simple fix, but for the life of me I can't seem to figure it all out. I attached a picture of my taskbar to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tdemeola, Oct 16, 2016.

1. tdemeola Win User

Weird Taskbar Orientation

So I know that this is probably a super simple fix, but for the life of me I can't seem to figure it all out.

I attached a picture of my taskbar to this thread. The keyboard language, the time and date, and the notification center buttons are all extremely big taking up about half of the screen in the taskbar, and I have no idea how to reorient them so that they are their original sizes. Because of this, the icons have become very compacted and when I resize the taskbar down to its original size. I'm not sure if I am explaining this correctly, but hopefully someone can help me figure it out!

:)

tdemeola, Oct 16, 2016

2. Ctrl Alt arrow key and hidden task bar issue in Windows 10

Hi Duane,

It's possible that the Taskbar position saved in a REG_BINARY registry value, got corrupted after orientation change. After setting the correct orientation, see if resetting the taskbar settings using this script helps.

Completely Reset the Taskbar Settings to Defaults:

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/reset-taskbar-settings-to-defaults/

Note that it clears all the Pinned items & custom taskbar toolbars if you've added any. You'll need to pin them again.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 16, 2016
  3. Is it possible to fully hide the taskbar?

Use the physical monitor controls to shift the vertical orientation of the screen further down so the Taskbar is not peeking.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 16, 2016
  4. Weird Taskbar Orientation

tdemeola,

Welcome to the forum!

It is hard to tell the orientation of the TaskBar in the capture...

• However, to decrease the height of the TaskBar, right-click on its empty area, and uncheck: Lock taskbar (if checked)
    • Place the mouse pointer at the top edge of the TaskBar until the pointer changes into a double-headed arrow.
    • Drag the TaskBar toward the bottom of the screen to decrease the height.
    • Lock the TaskBar by right-clicking on its empty area, and check: Lock the TaskBar
    Hope this helps!

cottonball, Oct 17, 2016
Thema:

Weird Taskbar Orientation

1. Weird Taskbar Orientation - Similar Threads - Weird Taskbar Orientation

2. Taskbar acting weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar acting weird: Hi,My taskbar is acting weird. I don't know how else to name my problem. So, usually when we move the mouse on top of an icon on the taskbar applications that are open it shows the window in a small box right? So my problem is when I move my mouse on top of an icon the small...
  3. Taskbar acting weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar acting weird: Hi,My taskbar is acting weird. I don't know how else to name my problem. So, usually when we move the mouse on top of an icon on the taskbar applications that are open it shows the window in a small box right? So my problem is when I move my mouse on top of an icon the small...
  4. Move taskbar location, orientation and Feedback options

Move taskbar location, orientation and Feedback options: I would like to have the taskbar vertical on the left side for reasons related to less desktop space taken up and ease of use/accessibility. Would not care to hear about data on how often this was used on Windows 10 and certainly not about justifying the bottom taskbar left....
  5. Move taskbar location, orientation and Feedback options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move taskbar location, orientation and Feedback options: I would like to have the taskbar vertical on the left side for reasons related to less desktop space taken up and ease of use/accessibility. Would not care to hear about data on how often this was used on Windows 10 and certainly not about justifying the bottom taskbar left....
  6. Taskbar Orientation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Orientation: I used to have my taskbar on the right side of the screen but since this Windows 11 update I can’t figure out how to get it back. Is it possible to move it or will I just have to go back to Windows 10?...
  7. Taskbar Orientation

Taskbar Orientation: I used to have my taskbar on the right side of the screen but since this Windows 11 update I can’t figure out how to get it back. Is it possible to move it or will I just have to go back to Windows 10?...
  8. Automatically move taskbar depending on screen orientation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatically move taskbar depending on screen orientation: I'm using a Lenovo Yoga and often flip it into portrait mode to read articles etc. In landscape orientation I have my taskbar pinned to the right since vertical screen space is more important to me than horizontal. When I flip the tablet over to portrait I would like for the...
  9. Taskbar Orientation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Orientation: how do i lock taskbar position in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-orientation/a173f129-0cee-4daf-b55d-c71f88127770
  10. Orientation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Orientation: Orientation reverts to portrait when computer restarts. How do I make landscape the default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/orientation/ba2e1480-c19e-4851-8c70-0fcf974e0c5d