Windows 10: Weird Text in Taskbar options menu

Discus and support Weird Text in Taskbar options menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As you guys can see in the picture, I got some weird text in that menu and I want to delete it! Is there a folder related to task bars that I can acess... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BZaki96, Jun 8, 2016.

1. BZaki96 Win User

Weird Text in Taskbar options menu

As you guys can see in the picture, I got some weird text in that menu and I want to delete it! Is there a folder related to task bars that I can acess to delete that option? (BTW I clicked on it and nothing happened)

Weird Text in Taskbar options menu [​IMG]

Any help would be appreciated!

:)

BZaki96, Jun 8, 2016

2. How do I stop Windows 10 from showing recently accessed files and folders in File Finder.

I have Windows 10 installed on my laptop. I have contacted Microsoft Support to help me with my problem, but they couldn't, and suggested I ask the Community.

What I simply want to do is to deactivate the option that shows my recent viewed files and folders in File Explorer.

This seems a simple procedure in itself, as I have read you go into Taskbar and Start Menu Properties and then uncheck the option titled "Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar". However, my Taskbar and Start Menu Properties
    window does not show a Start Menu option, only Taskbar, Navigation and Toolbars. This means I cannot go into any Privacy option within the Start Menu to check this option.

Can anyone tell me where my Start Menu within Taskbar and Start Menu Properties is? Seems weird that this window is entitled as such, but has no Start option. It just means I can't do what I want to do!

This is a new laptop with Windows 10 Home installed on it. Do some versions of Windows 10 not have a Start Menu option within Taskbar and Start Menu Properties, or is there something by default that I need to do to put this Start option back into this area?

Help!

davidchristmas01, Jun 8, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Pin to taskbar

Windows is really weird when trying to do this, you will not get that option on the Desktop icon - the solution - right click the Desktop icon, choose 'Pin to Start' then right click the new tile on your Start Menu and choose 'Pin to Taskbar'

Then you can right click and delete the new tile on your Start Menu . . .

DaveM121, Jun 8, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

Do you see it listed in Taskbar Properties in the toolbar tab ?

jds63, Jun 8, 2016
  5. BZaki96 Win User
    Yes I do, but I didn't find an option to delete it from there!

BZaki96, Jun 8, 2016
  6. jds63 Win User
    O.k. did you try to uncheck it and click Apply ? This toolbar must of been added from a software if you did not add it yourself, but do not recognize it as any language.

jds63, Jun 8, 2016
  7. BZaki96 Win User
    I just tried it, but found out it's already unchecked! I think this means that I arrived at a dead end?

BZaki96, Jun 8, 2016
  8. jds63 Win User

All i know is how to remove or add ones on the list from the taskbar, do not know how to delete any. Obviously came from somewhere else, maybe added by software. See on that toolbar says New Toolbar, when you click that windows explorer opens to add from a location. Like here https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

If a toolbar is checked it will show in the tasksbar. If you check this what shows then ?

jds63, Jun 8, 2016
  9. BZaki96 Win User
    Like I said before, when I check it, it doesn't get checked and nothing gets added to the taskbar. I also seen a link on that article you suggested, I pasted that link in "computer", and deleted everything inside that folder but it still shows, I also tried something else I saw on that article; I kept that weird text held down and hit delete on my keyboard, i also kept ctrl maintained and hit delete by it also didn't work. Thanks for taking time to help me. This wasn't a major problem at the end, it'll stay there but it doesn't affect anything thankfully.

BZaki96, Jun 8, 2016
  10. jds63 Win User
    Your Welcome ! Wish i knew more to help. One other mention maybe something to do with language in Windows 10, some appears to be in English and some not like the text in toolbar you are trying to remove. Is this some kind of Arabic ?

jds63, Jun 8, 2016
  11. CountMike New Member
    That's what happens when some font is not installed and substitute font can't substitute it right.

CountMike, Jun 8, 2016
  12. jds63 Win User
    Here i am thinking it might of been some language *chuckle. Wondering how else to get rid of it for this member.

jds63, Jun 8, 2016
  13. BZaki96 Win User

It might be, but I never installed any software in Arabic, and my Windows language is French.

BZaki96, Jun 9, 2016
  14. jds63 Win User
    Seeing you are from Morocco made me think Arabic. I would suggest then to try a System File Checker and DISM commands.

If you right click the Start Menu you can select the (Admin) Command Prompt and copy and paste this into it and press enter, let it finish.....

sfc /scannow

After that finishes at the same open (Admin) Command Prompt, copy and paste this int it and press enter, let it finish.....

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

After it completes restart the PC.

If this does not help i would suggest a Repair Install of Windows 10.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

jds63, Jun 9, 2016
  15. CountMike New Member
    Must have been some application/program that has localization. I get some things in Serbian although my windows is single language, English US. If there's a letter in Cyrillic or other unrecognized character like č.ć š etc. it shows alt-character instead and that's what those characters on the picture are.
    Special Characters Alt Keyboard Sequences

CountMike, Jun 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Weird Text in Taskbar options menu - Similar Threads - Weird Text Taskbar

2. Text and Menu Options Missing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text and Menu Options Missing in Windows 11: Suddenly all the text and file names in my file explorer, task manager, regedit and similar windows 11 programs are not displaying, its just blank but the icons are still there. Is there any explanation as to why or how this is happening and can someone please help me with...
  3. Text and Menu Options Missing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text and Menu Options Missing in Windows 11: Suddenly all the text and file names in my file explorer, task manager, regedit and similar windows 11 programs are not displaying, its just blank but the icons are still there. Is there any explanation as to why or how this is happening and can someone please help me with...
  4. Color of text in windows taskbar and start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color of text in windows taskbar and start menu: I want to change the color of icons on taskbar and windows start menu's text also to black without changing my theme. It is very hard to read icons and start menu's text in white color. Image above for reference. Is it possible? If yes then please assist me....
  5. Weird highlighting of text on start menu after upgrading to 21H1

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird highlighting of text on start menu after upgrading to 21H1: Any idea why this is happening? Have tried rebooting. This is what it normally looks like: 180857
  6. Weird text

Weird text: My font is weird and jagged, and I don't know why. It is on pretty much everything. Here is an image: https://imgur.com/a/DV7R20e https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-text/8ad25405-710e-4842-a823-e193ed2f3578
  7. Weird box with text

Weird box with text: So this user keeps getting weird squares on her computer, and I can't really figure out why. it's not just in word or excel it's everything she opens. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-box-with-text/38f4a2e8-317a-4835-89b8-8c1a2ede896c
  8. Menu options text not showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Menu options text not showing: I'm having some trouble with menus options text. [ATTACH] It is some windows problems or can it be some type of virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/menu-options-text-not-showing/04167ac7-f218-46de-9dee-d0b6b4e30612
  9. Advanced Option oddity, and Boot Menu text weird change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Advanced Option oddity, and Boot Menu text weird change: Hi, it's over a month since I updated to Win 10, so Windows.old has been duly deleted. I happened to do a SHIFT restart, and in the Advanced Options, noted an option sthg like 'Revert to previous build' Well, if Windows.old was still there, I could understand that.....
  10. Weird text box

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird text box: Hi All Question for you . I have been playing this game for a bit and I keep noticing this strange text box pop up when moving around it will just randomly pop up see the screen shot. [img] Now I am unsure what is getting this box to pop up. I do have additional...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows menu with strang text