Windows 10: Weird things start happening when I join any Microsoft Windows Forum~

Discus and support Weird things start happening when I join any Microsoft Windows Forum~ in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How closely is this group tied in Directly with Microsoft Corporation? Anytime I join any group that offers help with MS Windows 10 I start getting... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by 1ThursdayJC, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Weird things start happening when I join any Microsoft Windows Forum~

How closely is this group tied in Directly with Microsoft Corporation?
    Anytime I join any group that offers help with MS Windows 10 I start getting unsolicited bug about trying MS-Edge.
    If I need help I will ask for it!

The first MS related forums was Microsoft Community. Every blasted time my computer would go into sleep or standby mode the first thing I would notice on a Google Chrome tab would be a tab window about Microsoft Help? I finally had to use a Google Chrome Store Extension "Block Site"

This morning the first thing I see after taking my computer out of sleep mode was an unsolicited tab from Microsoft about Windows 10 help. By unsolicited I mean that from out of nowhere I get something from Microsoft Corporation about windows 10 help. I did not do a google search right before I cut my computer off before I went to sleep about anything to do with Microsoft. I use Edge ever once in a blue moon. Mainly to look at what time on Saturday and Sunday a PGA golf tournament will start or if one of my favorite CBS programs will have a new episode. I cannot watch reruns because I remember too much of the episode. I have great long time memory capacity. I use Edge even less now by going directly to my local channels web page and look at their tv schedule.

I maybe over sensitive but hand holding ended with AOL.com. I am long past that!

:)

1ThursdayJC, Mar 28, 2018

2. Weird things happening on my display.

I'm not sure how to describe this but there's like these weird bands and lines on my display and they're like flashing and flickering. It just randomly happens ranging in time intervals from a few minutes to almost an hour. My PC is custom-built and it's
    been doing this since I've built it. I don't know if it's a PC issue, a graphics card issue, or a monitor issue. I am using a newer graphics card with an older monitor. An EVGA GTX 960 SSC connected via a DVI to VGA adapter and a standard VGA cable to a
    ViewSonic VP930b monitor made in 2007 to be exact. I'm not sure if I should boot up in Safe Mode and delete the GPU from the system as well as the NVIDIA drivers or, to buy a newer monitor and hook it up via HDMI.

SavageGamer0108, Mar 28, 2018
  3. Weird things happening on my display.

Shawn, thanks for the advice, I booted into Safe Mode and it was still doing the weird lines/bands thing. So now I know it's not a driver issue. UPDATE 7/1/2016: I made sure the power and video cables don't touch each other but it's still doing the problem
    but not all the time, yesterday (6/30/2016), it did it all day long. My birthday is approaching and I'll most likely ask for a new ViewSonic monitor. That I can connect via HDMI or DisplayPort because, the ViewSonic monitor I have now (a ViewSonic VP930b)
    was manufactured on June 21, 2007, so it's almost a decade old. Or It could just be Windows 10, because it's done this problem since the day I installed Windows 10 Home on my custom-built PC.

SavageGamer0108, Mar 28, 2018
  4. Barman58 Win User

Weird things start happening when I join any Microsoft Windows Forum~

That's not a bug, it's an advert from Microsoft *Wink You will also see it on many more microsoft pages If you land on a MS Page and you are not using their latest browser you are suggested that you should be. *Mad

You have three options

• Switch to Edge
    • Don't visit any Microsoft pages
    • Accept it for what it is and try to ignore it

We are not in any way associated with Microsoft, and we do not show ads to any signed in member, (guests will see adverts from an agency to help cover costs ) so you should not see this little annoyance here

Welcome to TenForums by the way *Biggrin

Barman58, Mar 28, 2018
  5. So I will stick it in the Block Site box. or figure out how to disable microsoft adds. Thanks for the thanks for joining windows 10 forums. Most of their programs are good. Their invasive moose caca is not!!!!!!

1ThursdayJC, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Weird things start happening when I join any Microsoft Windows Forum~

1. Weird things start happening when I join any Microsoft Windows Forum~ - Similar Threads - Weird things start

2. Weird things happening in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird things happening in Windows 11: I have a Fujitsu Lifebook Laptop E754 with Windows 11 21H1 from 2021 installed.I used it for half a year, but now are some weird things happening.Firstly it became to add wierd texts to my clipboard like an empty text or '1PAzUW1XfuqMBbvQncgRD7TJgrpCCXdYkL'.Then it often...
  3. Weird things happening in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird things happening in Windows 11: I have a Fujitsu Lifebook Laptop E754 with Windows 11 21H1 from 2021 installed.I used it for half a year, but now are some weird things happening.Firstly it became to add wierd texts to my clipboard like an empty text or '1PAzUW1XfuqMBbvQncgRD7TJgrpCCXdYkL'.Then it often...
  4. Weird things happening to my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird things happening to my PC: Hello, I would like to talk about the weird things that have been happening to my PC.Yesterday, my PC turned off because of low battery, and then while it's turned off, the CD tray just randomly opens, but this only happened one time yesterday, it just happened right now...
  5. Weird thing happening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird thing happening: A while back I changed my mouse to an animated one, and since then I have been having this weird problem where over time my audio starts to have static in it and my cursor animation starts slowing down ,it is fixed with a restart but always comes back near end of the day, is...
  6. Weird thing happen

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird thing happen: I had windows screen, like when you freshly installed windows. Where is screen when you have to click continue and than write email to create microsoft account. I though perhaps i got updated to 2004. But no. Any idea why this showed up??? 161052
  7. Weird thing happened this morning

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Weird thing happened this morning: A few months ago I upgraded my neighbor to Windows 10. I set up a local account with no password. Everything went well up until this morning, when she turned on her computer, it told her that her password had expired and she needed to make a new one. Looking at the screen, it...
  8. Weird thing happened this morning

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird thing happened this morning: A few months ago I upgraded my neighbor to Windows 10. I set up a local account with no password. Everything went well up until this morning, when she turned on her computer, it told her that her password had expired and she needed to make a new one. Looking at the screen, it...
  9. Weird things happening

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird things happening: Hello So yesterday i opened task manager to check something and the processes tab was empty + users. Today when i turned me pc on start menu wont open task manager still have same problem and i have not installed any updates or installed some programs + antivirus dont show...
  10. A weird thing happened...need advice

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A weird thing happened...need advice: Hi All, So today I decided to install the app on my wife's iphone to access my insurance site and proceeded to register. I entered my email address and then a required username and was told an email would be sent with a temporary password. When I opened my email program on...