Windows 10: Weird WAN Miniport adapters suddenly appeared

Discus and support Weird WAN Miniport adapters suddenly appeared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; WHats up guys? so im having an issue where all these WAN Miniports suddenly appeared in my device manager and i have no idea how to get rid of them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by N00berG00ber, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Weird WAN Miniport adapters suddenly appeared

WHats up guys? so im having an issue where all these WAN Miniports suddenly appeared in my device manager and i have no idea how to get rid of them. apparently im connected to my wifi through 2 adapters, one seems to be a virtual adapter. how can i get rif of these things?

:)

N00berG00ber, Sep 17, 2016

2. Network & Internet

Network Adapters:

-Intel R 82579V Gigabit Network Connection

-WAN Miniport (IKEv2)

-WAN Miniport (IP)

-WAN Miniport (IPv6)

-WAN Miniport (L2TP)

-WAN Miniport (Network Monitor)

-WAN Miniport (PPPOE)

-WAN Miniport (PPTP)

-WAN Miniport (SSTP)

AimanKelana, Sep 17, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Update deletes my wireless newtork adapter

when I update my windows 10 laptop it deletes my wireless network adapter is there a way to get it back or I will have to refuse updates so I can use wireless, looked in device manager/network adapters here is before and after

Before update:

Intel (R) Centrino (R) Wireless-N 135

Realtek PCLe GBE Family Controller

After update:

Realtek PCLe GBE Family Controller

WAN Miniport (IKEv2)

WAN Miniport (IP)

WAN Miniport (IPv6)

WAN Miniport (L2TP)

WAN Miniport (Network Monitor)

WAN Miniport (PPPOE)

WAN Miniport (PPTP)

WAN Miniport (SSTP)

steve210887, Sep 17, 2016
  4. pbcopter Win User

Weird WAN Miniport adapters suddenly appeared

Those are normal but usually hidden. I don't know why your's are showing.

Why is this post marked solved? Have you resolved the issue?

Weird WAN Miniport adapters suddenly appeared [​IMG]

pbcopter, Sep 17, 2016
  5. Yes I solved it. I had to disable 2 services and they all went away.

N00berG00ber, Sep 17, 2016
  6. secured socket tunneling protocol
    remote access connection manager

N00berG00ber, Sep 18, 2016
  7. Barraza00 Win User
    Ok but, How did you disable those services???

Barraza00, Sep 23, 2016
  8. Weird WAN Miniport adapters suddenly appeared

Yes SAME HERE... the history shows last nigjt at 220am suddenly all the SAME wan miniports were installed. W update shows no historical updates for 5 days. I did not install anything yeaterday. I did unzip and bunch of zip files all free stock images etc.

progreen82, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Weird WAN Miniport adapters suddenly appeared

1. Weird WAN Miniport adapters suddenly appeared - Similar Threads - Weird WAN Miniport

2. missing WAN miniport cards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing WAN miniport cards: hi,i was trying to connect to a VPN, but due to a 1068 error i looked in the devices manager to find that my WAN miniport card were missing ,except the SSTP one what i did was trying to reinstall the driver using DEVCON from WDKT:but still nothing and yes i did restart my...
  3. missing WAN miniport cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    missing WAN miniport cards: hi,i was trying to connect to a VPN, but due to a 1068 error i looked in the devices manager to find that my WAN miniport card were missing ,except the SSTP one what i did was trying to reinstall the driver using DEVCON from WDKT:but still nothing and yes i did restart my...
  4. Wan miniports????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wan miniports????: Hello, I opened my network adapters via device manager. I see a bunch of wan mini ports. What are they? What are they for? Tried to uninstall and they come back upon restarting. How do I get rid of them? See attachment. Thanks!...
  5. Wan miniports????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wan miniports????: Hello, I opened my network adapters via device manager. I see a bunch of wan mini ports. What are they? What are they for? Tried to uninstall and they come back upon restarting. How do I get rid of them? See attachment. Thanks!...
  6. Wan miniports????

7. Wifi connection WAN miniports

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connection WAN miniports: Hi! I use windows 10 and it turned out that recently my computer has stopped browsing any pages. Internet is connected, router is fine, all the devices work well and just my computer always displays WAN mini ports which I think inhibit dns server to open pages and following...
  8. wan miniport network adapters missing

wan miniport network adapters missing: I need the following wan miniport network adapters in order to run Norton 360 VPN. they are IKEV2, IP, IPV6. I will also need their drivers. How to I find and install these network adapters? Dell Inspiron All-In-One 0 Windows 10, 1909...
  9. WAN miniport IKEv2

WAN miniport IKEv2: While trying to troubleshoot/repair windows not able to automatically detect this networks proxy settings after waking from sleep mode, I have accidentally deleted WAN miniport (IKEv2). How do I get it back on windows 10? Thanks....
  10. wan miniport on pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wan miniport on pc: Does not connect to modem anymore. I worked yesterday. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wan-miniport-on-pc/4f5b7f89-aa0f-43a7-81c1-b86ef4c4196a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how did miniports appear in the network on my computer

2. wan miniport windows 10 appeared