Windows 10: Weird Windows 10 Start Menu change

Discus and support Weird Windows 10 Start Menu change in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I had a friend contact me to say that their start menu had changed. I had a look, and it had indeed changed. The start menu opened to the All Apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TobyTrenchCoat, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Weird Windows 10 Start Menu change

Hi,
    I had a friend contact me to say that their start menu had changed. I had a look, and it had indeed changed. The start menu opened to the All Apps by default, but showed small icons on the left for power, documents and other start menu items. I can't find any options to turn this on or off, but suspect it may be a key combination or something as they are not computer-savvy.
    Has anyone seen this before?

Weird Windows 10 Start Menu change [​IMG]

See the All Apps screen on the left, with the small icons beside that, and still showing all the tiles to the right.

:)

TobyTrenchCoat, Aug 24, 2016
  2. RounakRoy Win User

Start Menu Bug

I have a weird Bug on windows 10 home x64, whenever i pin a program to start it doesn't appear instantly and when i unpin it doesn't unpin and if i restart or logout then it pins/unpins and if I change to fullscreen start menu it doesn't change immediately.
    Here is a video of my problem.

RounakRoy, Aug 24, 2016
  3. Not able to open settings app in windows 10.Its not executing from app or notification.Even notification for bluetooth is not opening.

In New windows 10 setting option is not opening. even from the start menu and notification menu..Tried many times.It comes as flash and then closes itself...Its very weird. Please suggest how to fix it

GauravkMathur, Aug 24, 2016
  4. shimshom Win User

Weird Windows 10 Start Menu change

This is how the start menu is in the Anniversary update and not much can be done about it short of using a 3rd party like Classic Menu. You can remove the tiles on the right as before but not the rest of it

shimshom, Aug 24, 2016
  5. nbiren Win User
    Oddly, not all of the computer that update to the Anniversary edition get this particular modification... out of 40 computers, that are all on auto-update and all claim to be up to date, only 4 have this particular modification, but all of them have the new sign-in lock-screen wallpaper modification.

nbiren, Aug 24, 2016
  6. shimshom Win User
    It's not modification it's how the new AU start menu is and it can't be changed much. Can you post a screenshot of the computers you're saying don't have such start menu as it doesn't make sense

shimshom, Aug 24, 2016
  7. Mystere Win User
    That's simply not true. Just because they claim they are up to date does not mean they have been updated the Anniversary Update. There are any number of reasons why an "up to date" computer may not get the update.

Mystere, Aug 24, 2016
  8. Weird Windows 10 Start Menu change

Thank you all for your responses. Now that I know it's an update and not something the person did, I'll let them know they need to accept the change.
    I must say I'm not a huge fan of the change myself, but I guess I'll get used to it.

Thanks for the info.

TobyTrenchCoat, Aug 24, 2016
  9. SonicBlue Win User
    SonicBlue, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Weird Windows 10 Start Menu change

1. Weird Windows 10 Start Menu change - Similar Threads - Weird Start Menu

2. Weird visual start menu glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird visual start menu glitch: My start menu sometimes got really annoying glitch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-visual-start-menu-glitch/fc9e7019-b41e-4229-9d0b-e27264a2308a
  3. Weird visual start menu glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird visual start menu glitch: My start menu sometimes got really annoying glitch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-visual-start-menu-glitch/fc9e7019-b41e-4229-9d0b-e27264a2308a
  4. Microsoft start menu weird glitch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft start menu weird glitch: Whenever I open anything Microsoft example start menu or Xbox app or the Microsoft store it just does this https://youtu.be/MNtuRoiILN0 pls help I just want to use the xbox app to talk to my friends but I cant pls pls help...
  5. Start Menu Changed

Start Menu Changed: How do I get out of this windows 10 start menu? It's on the left of the screen and the desktop image is muted. I have the windows 7 classic shell but it doesn't work like before I updated windows. [ATTACH]...
  6. weird problems with start menu and settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    weird problems with start menu and settings: Its my first post in this subreddit so be kind. I do tech support, so for me this one is weird In the last couple of days my main win10 machine has problem with the start power icon having no effect(right clicking works) and if i go to settings i can't type anything into the...
  7. Changes to Win 10 start menu

Changes to Win 10 start menu: Several months ago, I experienced a change in my start menu. I am not sure how it happened. I used to have the standard start menu when I depressed the Windows button on the keyboard. This included all my Apps down the left side of the page. Suddenly, those Apps...
  8. Windows 10 start menu not changing colors

Windows 10 start menu not changing colors: http://puu.sh/ChPmZ/745c8432b3.jpg Like in the picture my start menu background is not the same color as my accent color And yes i made sure the "show accent on start menu taskbar" is ticked...
  9. Start menu weird folder icons

Start menu weird folder icons: Hello, Since some Windows 10 versions, I often have "weird" start menu folder icons, usually when resuming my laptop from sleep mode. The Windows 10 is always a clean install, and I have seen the issue with both Microsoft and HP drivers. Here's an example on how the...
  10. Weird Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Start Menu: Hi Guys This is my first post so please be gentle with me. I've been a member for a while now and before making my first post i've used the search facility until i ran out of keywords to use and couldn't find anything similar to my problem. I have virtually no tiles...