Windows 10: Welcome Screen and SpecialAccounts

Discus and support Welcome Screen and SpecialAccounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How can I configure something like this? I used to be able to do this in older versions, but seems like no longer the case in 10. I have a machine... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ToniCipriani, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Welcome Screen and SpecialAccounts

How can I configure something like this? I used to be able to do this in older versions, but seems like no longer the case in 10.

I have a machine with several user accounts that are visible on the Welcome screen, and two that aren't. Back in older versions, I can press CTRL+ALT+DEL and show the regular login prompt to log on to these users, but it seems like no longer the case with 10, CTRL+ALT+DEL does nothing.

Is there anyway to configure the Welcome screen to work like that anymore?

:)

ToniCipriani, Aug 15, 2015

2. Only admin account showing in logon screen Windows 10 Home

Hi Frederick,

SpecialAccounts does not exist in Winlogon.

SimonBaush, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Only admin account showing in logon screen Windows 10 Home

When you run regedit.exe, does this key exist?

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList

If so, can you see any account names under this key?

Frederik Long, Aug 15, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Welcome Screen and SpecialAccounts

Brink, Aug 15, 2015
  5. Not quite. I want the first set of users to be displayed, and like in XP such that I can manually log on to the non-listed accounts. I do NOT want users to have to manually enter any user names, these are 5-10 year old kids, and I can use the other two hidden accounts to do maintenance work.

I have the accounts added under SpecialUsers so it doesn't display, but I can no longer press CTRL+ALT+DEL to get the Classic log on as a backdoor.

ToniCipriani, Aug 15, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm not aware of a way to do that anymore since XP.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Welcome Screen and SpecialAccounts

1. Welcome Screen and SpecialAccounts - Similar Threads - Welcome Screen SpecialAccounts

2. Welcome Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Welcome Screen: how can I reduce the time that the welcome screen is displayed when I start up my computer? By "welcome screen" I mean the screen that just shows my user ID and "Welcome"? It is on for FAR TOO LONG and no keystrokes will remove it!! It SO annoying.!...
  3. Welcome Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Welcome Screen: how can I reduce the time that the welcome screen is displayed when I start up my computer? By "welcome screen" I mean the screen that just shows my user ID and "Welcome"? It is on for FAR TOO LONG and no keystrokes will remove it!! It SO annoying.!...
  4. Welcome Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. windows welcome screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows welcome screen: Im new to windows 10 and my dad gave me this computer. It got stuck in welcome screen only. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-welcome-screen/5e76ac7a-2362-4d92-9409-34f018119205
  6. welcome screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    welcome screen: how do you change the name on welcome screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/welcome-screen/c9c5b56d-6a2c-489d-ab1b-21cd8f67b65f
  7. Welcome screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Welcome screen?: How do insert an image to fill the 'empty' default circle on my Welcome screen? Lisa HSJ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/welcome-screen/d916a12b-61ba-4cfb-aec0-db319311f4e0
  8. Welcome Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Welcome Screen: I would like to know how to remove the "circle with the picture silhouette" from the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition "Welcome" screen. I have already removed lock screen and password items. My desktop computer is only on my home wifi and I use a secure router. I am running...
  9. Welcome screen then reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Welcome screen then reboot: Hi there, I could cry folks , been having this problem in OP bought new motherboard, a new PSU tried loading win10 umpteen times from ISO ( same with win 8 + gen key ) I get this far all the time every time. Just won't go into Windows proper All the fixes like...
  10. Welcome screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Welcome screen: *Confused Please help an old fella , how do i get rid of all these welcome screens when i am getting my pc ready ?? windows 10 ty 91215