Windows 10: Welcome screen then reboot

Discus and support Welcome screen then reboot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I could cry folks , been having this problem in OP bought new motherboard, a new PSU tried loading win10 umpteen times from ISO ( same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by smileye, Dec 29, 2015.

1. smileye Win User

Welcome screen then reboot

Hi there,
    I could cry folks , been having this problem in OP
    bought new motherboard, a new PSU
    tried loading win10 umpteen times from ISO
    ( same with win 8 + gen key )
    I get this far all the time every time.
    Just won't go into Windows proper

All the fixes like restore/reset don't help

I can get the command prompt >
    but don't have the expertise to know what I could type
    to understand why I can't progress into any windows OS

tried partition magic + hirens boots to completely wipe the drive
    then clean install windows
    have run memtest86, HDD tools, no bad sectors,
    What is causing this problem ? *cry
    oh mouse/keyboard are new too .
    Its only the CPU I haven't changed and that is nicely
    set at low temp, as in BIOS I've upped the fan to keep it cool.

What have I missed .....

:)

smileye, Dec 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 welcome screen frozen then resets

Start by disconnecting any non-essential devices you might have connected to the computer.

Try booting into the recovery environment then perform a startup repair.

Review the instructions in the following article how initiate booting into the recovery environment, then perform a startup repair:

How to Fix a Black Screen in Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Dec 29, 2015
  3. Imcisco4 Win User
    Windows 10 welcome screen frozen then resets

I downloaded the free update through the windows 10 assistive technology for my brother with vision problems after updating it takes me to the welcome screen. When I get to the welcome screen there is a next button in the bottom right every time I click
    the next button it freezes and then resets. Please help!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Imcisco4, Dec 29, 2015
  4. Word Man Win User

What did you do with the iso? Burn it to DVD or install on USB flash drive? What are you trying to boot from if you've completely wiped the drive?

Word Man, Dec 29, 2015
  5. smileye Win User
    ok the ISO is burnt to DVD
    everytime I try to install windows
    i get as far as the hi welcome ( myname)
    then the system reboots

I have a software problem to do with login
    password or boot , I'm not seeing the screen where
    you're presented with the place to enter password

That's how far I get then reboot, reboot

( i've wiped the drive after this soul destroying experience
    many times, hoping for a diff outcome when I try to reinstall windows from the DVD )

I can't get beyond the welcome screen

smileye, Dec 29, 2015
  6. smileye Win User
    adds:

tried this:

Try fix the boot from the time that you can access troubleshooter.

How to fix windows boot fail

1. Go to Windows repair an open CMD
    2. Type: bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup
    3. C:
    4. cd boot
    5. attrib bcd -s -h -r
    6. ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old
    7. bootrec /RebuildBcd
    8. To installation list type Yes

very close the password screen appeared,
    then system rebooted *Sad

smileye, Dec 29, 2015
  7. Word Man Win User
    I'm sorry you feel I made you out to be an idiot. I can't imagine how you can make any assumption of what I did after that. Did I go get drunk? (No) Did I start laughing maniacally and start making assumptions about your communication skills? (No) Did I start googling to see if I could find a way to help you out? (Maybe)*Rolleyes

Good luck.

Word Man, Dec 29, 2015
  8. smileye Win User

Think I'm gonna need alot more than that , thanks for stopping by

smileye, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Welcome screen then reboot - Similar Threads - Welcome screen reboot

2. Welcome Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Welcome Screen: how can I reduce the time that the welcome screen is displayed when I start up my computer? By "welcome screen" I mean the screen that just shows my user ID and "Welcome"? It is on for FAR TOO LONG and no keystrokes will remove it!! It SO annoying.!...
  3. Welcome Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Welcome Screen: how can I reduce the time that the welcome screen is displayed when I start up my computer? By "welcome screen" I mean the screen that just shows my user ID and "Welcome"? It is on for FAR TOO LONG and no keystrokes will remove it!! It SO annoying.!...
  4. Welcome Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. windows welcome screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows welcome screen: Im new to windows 10 and my dad gave me this computer. It got stuck in welcome screen only. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-welcome-screen/5e76ac7a-2362-4d92-9409-34f018119205
  6. Username on Welcome screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Username on Welcome screen: We have two computers, one used by me and one used by my wife. I am the Microsoft account holder and I appear on both computers in this capacity. We both use Office 365. My name appears on both computers on the Welcome login screen – Hello Kes. But my wife would like her name...
  7. welcome screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    welcome screen: how do you change the name on welcome screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/welcome-screen/c9c5b56d-6a2c-489d-ab1b-21cd8f67b65f
  8. Welcome screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Welcome screen?: How do insert an image to fill the 'empty' default circle on my Welcome screen? Lisa HSJ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/welcome-screen/d916a12b-61ba-4cfb-aec0-db319311f4e0
  9. Welcome Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Welcome Screen: I would like to know how to remove the "circle with the picture silhouette" from the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition "Welcome" screen. I have already removed lock screen and password items. My desktop computer is only on my home wifi and I use a secure router. I am running...
  10. Welcome screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Welcome screen: *Confused Please help an old fella , how do i get rid of all these welcome screens when i am getting my pc ready ?? windows 10 ty 91215