Windows 10: Welcome to TF Saturday Live - The Macrium Special

Discus and support Welcome to TF Saturday Live - The Macrium Special in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; By the way, if anyone is interested, after installing the Skype for Business Plug-in, it resides in: C:\Users\User... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Cliff S New Member

Welcome to TF Saturday Live - The Macrium Special

By the way, if anyone is interested, after installing the Skype for Business Plug-in, it resides in:

C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\SkypeForBusinessPlugin\16.2.0.232

And in Programs/Apps it's called Skype Meeting App.

So if you wish to uninstall it later, you know where to go, to clean up the leftover folder.

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
  2. Kari Win User

Welcome to TF Saturday Live - The Macrium Special on April 28th, 2018

[youtube]ONCJWGkBCx0[/youtube]

Fellow geeks, Ten Forums & Windows 10 enthusiasts and Insiders:

This is an open invitation to TF Saturday Live - The Macrium Special on Saturday April 28th, 2018. Come and meet your fellow TF members and Windows Insiders in a live chat. This time the topic is backup & imaging, concentrating on Macrium products.

Welcome to TF Saturday Live - The Macrium Special [​IMG]
    Note This time we will have a special guest joining us: Nick Sills. He's the founder and CEO of Macrium; he'll be talking about Macrium Reflect and answering your questions in a Q&A session!

Information TF Saturday Live - The Macrium Special will be held in three parts. Part 1 should allow the members from Asia and Oceania to participate, Part 2 should be OK for the European, Middle Eastern and African members and the Part 3 for our American members.

You can participate in all three sessions if you wish. We wanted to offer as many chat session throughout the day as possible, to give more guests and members around the globe the opportunity to participate. Please note: our special guest, Nick Sills, will be attending the Part 3 session.

This TF Saturday Live Chat will be recorded. Please keep that in mind and behave accordingly, when participating in the chat, using your webcam or presenting your desktop for display. Also, please be aware that extracts of recordings might be posted on TenForums and on various social media.

• TF Saturday Live - The Macrium Special, Part 3
      • Topic: Macrium Reflect Backup & Imaging - our special guest Nick Sills, founder and CEO of Macrium will be telling about Macrium Reflect and answering your questions in Q&A session
      • Start 19:00 (7 PM) UTC
      • End 20:30 (8:30 PM) UTC
      • Part 3 Start & End times in your local time zone: Event Time Announcer - TF Saturday Live - The Macrium Special, Part 3

Each chat session will go live online half an hour before its official start time. This should give you time to test your connection, and join into the chat. Also, we will remain online in session as long as attendees wish to continue. Such sessions usually last at least 90 minutes, sometimes longer.

Use the links above to check the start times for each session in your local time zone. You will see the start time in UTC shown at left, and converted to your local time at right:

Notice that if your regional settings use a 12-hour (AM/PM) clock, you will see times in that familiar format.

A link to each live chat session will be posted here in this thread 30 minutes before the start of each part. The TF Saturday Live Chat is a group video meeting. Even so, audio and/or webcam video participation is optional. If you prefer, you can simply listen in and participate using text chat instead.

See this Microsoft article for instructions on using the Skype for Business Web App (no account required): Join a Skype Meeting with Skype for Business Web App:

A small plugin will be installed. Once complete, you can then join the meeting. The total time required, including the time to install the plugin, is less than a minute.

Notice that you will not need any Ten Forums, Skype, Skype for Business, email or MS Account. Simply choose a screen name for yourself, and join as a guest. Of course, it would be nice for people to use their TenForums usernames, but that's entirely up to you. If you'd like to remain anonymous, feel free to sign in as a guest named "John Doe."

You can, of course, also join using the Skype for Business desktop app if you have a Skype for Business account of some kind. Please remember that in that case your personal information will be available for and seen by all participants. I recommend to at least disable your contact card showing the phone numbers. As far as I know there's no way to disable showing your account name, avatar and email address when joining with your Skype for Business account.

Tip All TF Saturday Live Chat participants can share their desktop and show whatever their want to show to live audience. If you have a neat Windows 10 trick, tip, workaround or anything else you would like to show to your fellow members, please send me a PM about it latest by Friday evening (April 27) and we'll make it happen.
    Sweepstakes

Each TenForums member and guest alike attending our Macrium Special will participate in sweepstakes. The prizes:
    • Macrium Reflect Home 4-Pack, worth 126, four licenses to use on your computers or to be shared with family and / or friends
    • A Microsoft & Ten Forums Gift Bag, containing Microsoft Tech Summit t-shirt (sizes: M & L), Microsoft wallet & passport cover, a Ten Forums coffee mug, all packed in a Microsoft Teams bag
    • Five other winners will get Macrium complimentary kit, containing a Macrium pen & flashlight and a Macrium USB wristband
    Please notice that if you win the Macrium Reflect Home 4-Pack, claiming it requires a credit card. However, the card will not be charged. If you do not have a credit card, PM me and we will get the price to you in another way.

All winners will be randomly selected on a live broadcast on this thread on Sunday, April 29th. Time will be announced later. TenForums staff and team are excluded from sweepstakes.

See you geeks on Saturday the 28th! Please post all your questions, ideas and such about the Live Chat in this thread.

:)

3. Internet connection N8 via USB to tablet Android

@bk330151

Welcome to the forum!

AFAIK Symbian phone won't tether to TF whereas of course Droid wins, but think that you would be better going to "transformerforum" concerning this issue.

aspergerguy, Apr 18, 2018
  4. BaccoShow Win User

Lumia 620 problems with temporary files on OneDrive

Manon, i tried it, but only the phone's TF will be delete, and the OneDrive's TF remains. I need the way to delete the OD's TF.

BaccoShow, Apr 18, 2018
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Hopefully I won't need to work on that Saturday, as we have been working a lot of Saturday's lately*Sad

Cliff S, Apr 18, 2018
  6. Kari Win User
    I for sure hope you can join us! You are a "Stammgast" *Smile

7. Looking at the planned topics, I have to attend all 3 sessions *Biggrin

slicendice, Apr 18, 2018
  8. cereberus Win User

Wow - this is a great chance to speak directly with Macrium.

I have a suggestion - why don't we put together a list of key issues/desires we can pass to the CEO for consideration from a Group of its most loyal fans. I accept they cannot be answered there and then but I am sure he would appreciate the feedback.

I use Macrium Reflect Home, but I have several suggestions for improving it.

1) Allow incremental backups in the Free version. Other players - in particularly AOMEI Backupper are making inroads into Macrium Reflect's market as their free versions do include incremental backups.

2) The GUI is getting a bit long in the tooth and other players (AOMEI in particular) do have a GUI that is simpler for beginners (although not as feature rich). I believe Macrium Reflect should have an additional "Basic Mode" menu for beginners.

3) On a number of devices, there is a long standing issue where in winpe mode, the screen is in 640x480 format. This is related to bios incompatibilities. This make it impossible to restore a backup as the crucial "restore" button is off screen. I know the techies have been trying to solve this but a simple moving of this button into the 640x480 area would make it usable even on devices with the issue. Not a perfect solution but a simple workaround.

cereberus, Apr 18, 2018
  9. Kari Win User
    I agree, especially with your 3rd point: In my opinion, the PE GUI should be redone so that everything is shown on 640*480, and so that each and every option could be chosen with keyboard shortcuts.

10. Kari Win User
    Note Please forgive me, I accidentally told Nick Sills from Macrium attending the Part 2, when he is actually going to attend the last session, Part 3.

My sincere apologies, first post has been now changed accordingly.

11. f14tomcat Win User
    I'd like to see Bluetooth mouse support in WinPE mode. I use an Arc mouse on my Surface Pro 3, and the touch pad is a bear for me to use. Old fingers syndrome!

f14tomcat, Apr 18, 2018
  12. Edwin New Member
    Huge kudos for setting this up Kari! This is great! I'll be there! *Thumbs

Edwin, Apr 18, 2018
  13. Wynona Win User

Thanks for setting this up, Kari. I'll do my best not to forget. I want to attend this!

Wynona, Apr 18, 2018
  14. Kari Win User
    Thanks geeks *Smile

Wynona, I was thinking to ask you also to join the prize draw on following Sunday as our Lady Fortuna? I have a totally random method to select winners on my mind, for that I would need help from one volunteer.

15. cereberus Win User
    Wynona as Lady Fortuna - totally seconded. I put £10 on a horse called Southern Belle in her honour and it came in at 5/1, so if she is Lady Fortuna, I am guaranteed to win top prize :- D.

cereberus, Apr 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Welcome to TF Saturday Live - The Macrium Special - Similar Threads - Welcome Saturday Live

2. Computer Freezes On Saturday's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freezes On Saturday's: Hello My Computer Screen Freezes Every Saturday For Some Weird Reason It Doesn't Do It Any Other Day Of The Week Please Help Me With This !!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-freezes-on-saturdays/04ccbbaf-ead7-4e4a-8587-f2e6c74cc5d5
  3. Computer Freezes On Saturday's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Freezes On Saturday's: Hello My Computer Screen Freezes Every Saturday For Some Weird Reason It Doesn't Do It Any Other Day Of The Week Please Help Me With This !!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-freezes-on-saturdays/04ccbbaf-ead7-4e4a-8587-f2e6c74cc5d5
  4. Computer Freezes On Saturday's

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Reading TF card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reading TF card: Hello there. Does the pc read the card right away? If so where do I find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reading-tf-card/fc90e899-eebc-4085-b332-6de5d486d622"
  6. Watch Live Apple Special Event September 12, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Watch Live Apple Special Event September 12, 2018: Join us here September 12, 2018 at 10 a.m. PDT to watch the Apple Special Event, live from the Steve Jobs Theater. Watch live at: Apple Events - Keynote September 2018 - Apple 117749
  7. TF Live Webcast - How to make a tutorial September 1st, 2018

in Windows 10 Support
    TF Live Webcast - How to make a tutorial September 1st, 2018: Welcome to Ten Forums Live Webcast - How to make a tutorial on September 1st, 2018 Fellow geeks, Ten Forums & Windows 10 enthusiasts and Insiders: This is an open invitation to TF Live Webcast - How to make a tutorial on September 1st, 2018. Come and meet your fellow TF...
  8. TenForums Saturday Live Chat 03-SEP-2016

in Windows 10 Support
    TenForums Saturday Live Chat 03-SEP-2016: Welcome to TF Saturday Live Chat Come and meet your fellow Ten Forums members, Windows Insiders and enthusiasts: next TF Saturday Live Chat will be on Saturday 3rd of September 2016. [img] Information TF Saturday Live Chat will be held in three parts to allow as...
  9. View Poll Results: TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary: Welcome to TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary 30-JULY-2016 Fellow geeks, Ten Forums & Windows 10 enthusiasts and Insiders: This is an open invitation to TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary on Saturday 30th of July 2016. Windows 10 will have its first...
  10. Ten Forums Saturday Live Chat 24-MAR-2018

in Windows 10 Support
    Ten Forums Saturday Live Chat 24-MAR-2018: Welcome to TF Saturday Live Chat on March 24th, 2018 Fellow geeks, Ten Forums & Windows 10 enthusiasts and Insiders: This is an open invitation to TF Saturday Live Chat on Saturday 24th of March 2018. Come and meet your fellow TF members and Windows Insiders in a live...