Windows 10: I had to turn off the computer when it froze. CTRL-ALT-DEL was no help.

Discus and support I had to turn off the computer when it froze. CTRL-ALT-DEL was no help. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had to turn off the computer when it froze. CTRL-ALT-DEL was no help. Sometimes it takes 10 minutes or more for it to work. When I turned it back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KramdenAntiVirus, Apr 5, 2020.

1. I had to turn off the computer when it froze. CTRL-ALT-DEL was no help.

I had to turn off the computer when it froze. CTRL-ALT-DEL was no help. Sometimes it takes 10 minutes or more for it to work.

When I turned it back on, it said Welcome" with the dots chasing each other around in a circle. I sat and waited … and waited … and waited. I turned the computer off and on again. Same thing. I wonder if CTRL-ALT-DEL will do anything? It actually did. But why would it just stay on "Welcome" for so long?

:)

KramdenAntiVirus, Apr 5, 2020

2. Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

The whole Ctrl+Shift+Esc should be used to get that crazy screen with those options and Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up TM.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, May 25, 2020
  3. jonmcc33 Win User
    Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

On a domain you won't get Task Manager when you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. You get a crazy screen with a bunch of options.

Ctrl+Shift+Esc has always brought up just the Task Manager, even back to Windows XP days. You just weren't aware of it. *Wink I had to turn off the computer when it froze. CTRL-ALT-DEL was no help. ;)

Go ahead, try it in Windows XP too.

jonmcc33, May 25, 2020
  4. Darknova Win User

I had to turn off the computer when it froze. CTRL-ALT-DEL was no help.

Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

Depends on whether you have the Welcome Screen, or the Domain Logon screen at boot up.

Darknova, May 25, 2020
Thema:

I had to turn off the computer when it froze. CTRL-ALT-DEL was no help.

1. I had to turn off the computer when it froze. CTRL-ALT-DEL was no help. - Similar Threads - turn off computer

2. My computer froze and ctrl+alt+del won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer froze and ctrl+alt+del won't work: My computer froze and as ctrl+alt+del won't work I restarted by the power button but now in bios it does show windows boot manager but doesn't boot.I am on a SSD and I doubt if it's a SSD fault because its been only a year since it is used.So,I don't think it is corrupted....
  3. My computer froze and ctrl+alt+del won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer froze and ctrl+alt+del won't work: My computer froze and as ctrl+alt+del won't work I restarted by the power button but now in bios it does show windows boot manager but doesn't boot.I am on a SSD and I doubt if it's a SSD fault because its been only a year since it is used.So,I don't think it is corrupted....
  4. Only able to click when Ctrl+alt+del

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only able to click when Ctrl+alt+del: So I’ve had my pc for a few months now and this happened once since I’ve had my pc. I did a full reset the first time it happened and everything was back to normal. I was playing a game the other day and all of a sudden my middle mouse started pinging without me clicking it....
  5. Only able to click when Ctrl+alt+del

Only able to click when Ctrl+alt+del: So I’ve had my pc for a few months now and this happened once since I’ve had my pc. I did a full reset the first time it happened and everything was back to normal. I was playing a game the other day and all of a sudden my middle mouse started pinging without me clicking it....
  6. When I presse the alt key it opens the "ctrl+alt+del menu"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I presse the alt key it opens the "ctrl+alt+del menu": When i press alt it override everthing! The right alt key is fine this issue is only on the left alt key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-presse-the-alt-key-it-opens-the-ctrlaltdel/e109b53c-91f1-403b-ab72-63c03f46423e
  7. When I presse the alt key it opens the "ctrl+alt+del menu"

When I presse the alt key it opens the "ctrl+alt+del menu": When i press alt it override everthing! The right alt key is fine this issue is only on the left alt key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-presse-the-alt-key-it-opens-the-ctrlaltdel/e109b53c-91f1-403b-ab72-63c03f46423e
  8. CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed: Hello, Recently I've had a couple of users report a very long delay after hitting CTRL + ALT + DEL One came into the help desk and I can confirm that it can take up to 10 minutes. The users machine was Windows 10 Version 2004. Lenovo Thinkpad T14. I disabled all non...
  9. CTRL+ALT+DEL disappears

in Windows 10 Customization
    CTRL+ALT+DEL disappears: Hello; I have a windows 10 on domain. It shows ALT+CTRL+DEL and then i click ok all i get is a black screen with mouse pointer. I tried to change the projector setting to single display same thing. Any ways to resolve this please....
  10. Ctrl+Alt+Del

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ctrl+Alt+Del: When I start the computer it is locked. It is asking for Ctrl+Alt+Del to be entered. When I do this there is no response. I cannot get to the password entry; the keyboard doesn't respond. How do I fix this?...