Windows 10: Well, after playing around for about 20 minutes...

Discus and support Well, after playing around for about 20 minutes... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I like it... I like it a lot. I really like the new Virtual Desktops... I haven't found how to change them via keyboard yet, but that's my only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mystere, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Mystere Win User

Well, after playing around for about 20 minutes...

I like it... I like it a lot.

I really like the new Virtual Desktops... I haven't found how to change them via keyboard yet, but that's my only complaint so far with them.

The new start menu is.. meh... I can take it or leave it. I like the the start screen, so either way.

I like some of the new transitions and fade effects... the new CMD shell experimental features are very nice (built-in transparency, and automatic resizing of the console when you maximize.. yeah!)

I like the fact that windows now have no borders... that was one thing I really disliked about Windows 8.. the big clunky boarders..

All in all, a good solid set of improvements. It's obviously only a subset of what's coming, and I can't wait to see what else they have in store. (still IE11, for instance)

:)

Mystere, Sep 30, 2014

2. after working with computer for about 20 minutes makes disconnect sound, screen flashes black

Hi,

There might be some software that's causing the performance of your computer to act up or it could also be a hardware issue. However, we don't want to jump into any conclusions yet until we isolate your concern. We suggest that you perform a clean boot to
    see if it's a software issue. Check this article to learn more about clean boot. Make sure to choose the
    operating system that you're running on your computer for the right steps. Once done observing in clean boot mode, make sure to follow the steps under "Reset the compute to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Sep 30, 2014
  3. after working with computer for about 20 minutes makes disconnect sound, screen flashes black

hi

after working around 20 minutes(sometimes to 1 hrs) the disconnecting sound comes and the display goes to black .

and i should turn off pc for around 30 minutes to start it again and work for another 20 minutes .

what should i do ?

changed monitor cable no effect.

changed windows from 10 to 7 no effect .

updated vga drivers no effect .

reinstall serial bus no effect .

removing graphic card and worked with CPU no effect.

taking out ram no effect .

reza gharehdaghi, Sep 30, 2014
  4. Well, after playing around for about 20 minutes...

Win + Tab brings the virtual desktops up... then press tab again and then use the left and right arrow keys to move between them

option 3/4 desktops and give it a try.

Regards,
    Jamie

JDobbsy1987, Sep 30, 2014
  5. It does switch to a desktop that doesn't have apps open?

Win + Tab opens the app switching but then if you hit tab again you can use the left/right arrows to switch between desktops regardless of whether it as an app open or not, just hit Enter on the desktop you want.

I find it works great for me

EDIT:
    It would appear you deleted your previous post?

Well, after playing around for about 20 minutes... [​IMG]

Have you got it working?

6. JoeShades Win User
    Can you put different wallpapers on each desktop?

JoeShades, Sep 30, 2014
  7. Doesn't look like it

8. Mystere Win User

Yes, the post was only there for a minute... I realized I was being stupid. I was alt-tabbing, not Win-tabbing.

Mystere, Oct 1, 2014
  9. Good to hear its working *Biggrin

JDobbsy1987, Oct 1, 2014
  10. Lebon14 Win User
    I also played with it.

1. I was forced to login to a Live/Outlook/Hotmail account. I did NOT like that.

2. Adobe Audition 1.5 still works. WOOHOO!

3. Virtual desktops are... hit and miss for me so far. I don't like the fact that you can't open more than 1 instance of a software. I explain. I installed Firefox. I ran it over on the first desktop. I switched to the second and I clicked the icon and it... just switched me back to Desktop 1... Good idea. Badly executed so far.

4.1 Start menu is BACK! The only inconvenience that I find in the tiles is that you can't really move them as you wish. I have been able to pin This PC, Settings and Audition. I made them small but I was forced to have two of them side by side no matter what when I wanted to have one column, not two. I might be missing something though.

4.2 All Apps menu in the Start menu is a mess.

4.3 Can't pin the actual Control Panel. Will need a work-around

5. While logging in, OBVIOUSLY, I need to log in to my Live account... This is such a pain in the arse!

6. Quad-pin works very well.

Very hit and miss so far.

Lebon14, Oct 1, 2014
  11. JDobbsy1987, Oct 1, 2014
  12. Mystere Win User
    This works the same as it did in Windows 8/8.1, you can create a local account. You just put in a bogus email, and when it fails it allows you to create a local account.

Again, this works just like Windows 8 (and Windows 7 actually). To start a second instance, you have to right click on the jump list, then click on the application name (typically at the top of the bottom grouping) or right click on the application name and choose open or start as administrator.

Well, it would help if you didn't make a lot of assumptions, like you've just done... particularly about stuff that is working EXACTLY the same way as it does in Windows 8, or Windows 7.

Mystere, Oct 1, 2014
  13. MrNeeds Win User

You sure about that?
    *Wink

Well, after playing around for about 20 minutes... [​IMG]

MrNeeds, Oct 1, 2014
  14. You don't need to put in a bogus email address you can just...

A) Click/tap on the Create a new account link.
    B) Click/tap on the Sign in without a Microsoft account link.

Read this guide (Step 19) -
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...ll.html#step19

JDobbsy1987, Oct 1, 2014
  15. I can just Right Click >> Pin to Start

JDobbsy1987, Oct 1, 2014
Thema:

1. Well, after playing around for about 20 minutes... - Similar Threads - playing around minutes

2. Windows boot takes about 20-30 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boot takes about 20-30 minutes: I have this error for like 4 weeks and I think narrowed it down to some SSD driver problem. I've recorded the boot process and used performance analyzer. I found out that Boot session init phase takes the most time and freezes the boot process, the only thing going on the...
  3. Windows boot takes about 20-30 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows boot takes about 20-30 minutes: I have this error for like 4 weeks and I think narrowed it down to some SSD driver problem. I've recorded the boot process and used performance analyzer. I found out that Boot session init phase takes the most time and freezes the boot process, the only thing going on the...
  4. dism sitting at 20% for about twenty minutes still

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dism sitting at 20% for about twenty minutes still: Hi, is it normal for dism scanhealth to take a long time? Check this out:+++C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 6.3.9600.19408Image Version: 6.3.9600.19397No component store corruption detected.The...
  5. dism sitting at 20% for about twenty minutes still

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dism sitting at 20% for about twenty minutes still: Hi, is it normal for dism scanhealth to take a long time? Check this out:+++C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 6.3.9600.19408Image Version: 6.3.9600.19397No component store corruption detected.The...
  6. Windows 10 takes about 20 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 takes about 20 minutes to boot: HelloI have a Dell Inspiron 15 3576 with Intel core i3, 12 GB RAM and a 1TB Toshiba MQ01ABD100 HDD. I have Windows 10 Home Single Language build 19043.1083It takes about 15 - 20 minutes to start every time. Tried enabling/disabling Fast startup, defragmented all drives,...
  7. Forza Horizon 4 crashing after 15-20 minutes of playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 crashing after 15-20 minutes of playing: My game audio/video freezes for a sec, then the screen goes grey and crashes to desktop. This happens consistently.I've tried all the obvious things, including these:...
  8. The game crashes after about 20 minutes.

The game crashes after about 20 minutes.: I start game, play approximately 20-30 minutes and screen freeze then game crashed. It's personaly trouble of windows, because i tried play games on linux and i don't seen this problem. Also not even game have this problem. Games i have this problem: CS GO, Genshin Impact,...
  9. Feels like OS is choppy for about 20 minutes after boot

Feels like OS is choppy for about 20 minutes after boot: Hi, After a recent Windows update, my PC runs terribly for about 20 minutes after I turn it on. The mouse moves around like it's accepting input every half second, my audio is choppy, videos are choppy, games are unplayable, and it's generally extremely annoying to use my...
  10. BSOD after 20 minutes

BSOD after 20 minutes: Hello, after building a new Skylake based Windows 10 64 bit machine to house my GPU with a friend (who does such things for a living) I am experiencing weird BSOD behaviour. The machine gets a BSOD after 20 minutes (irrespective of what I am doing at the moment) and...