Windows 10: Went back to Win 7 pro

Discus and support Went back to Win 7 pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I pretty much never had a single problem with Windows 7, since launch. Only received a few BSOD from exhausting all my system resources with many open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iceman, Aug 8, 2015.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Went back to Win 7 pro

I think you need to adjust that last statement a bit. For others on this forum and elsewhere Win10 is just as stable as Win7.. so when you claim that it isn't just remember.. everyone is having a different experience.

And Your Millage May Vary
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Aug 8, 2015
  2. Bazz Win User

What is a BSOD, never ever had one of them since Vista and never had one in XP or 7 missed out 8 and 8.1 completely.

3. I got a very limited number of them in Windows 7 only from maxing out my RAM and Windows page file space, from running excessive amounts of programs, and still trying to write to my disk while doing things like audio editing.

If I don't count those 3 - 4 occasions, I've never had a single issue with Windows 7 - is has been rock solid for me since its release.

Vista was generally solid for me, though I ran it on a good PC, for the time. I did have some occasional stability issues, though. They were the only difference between Vista and 7 for me. I had a really good experience with Vista.

Delicieuxz, Aug 8, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

Went back to Win 7 pro

I agree, Norton is very problematic, swallows up resources whole, and basically does not do a good job at all of protecting you. The only AV that has ever worked for me is Eset NOD32, I used versions 6 through 8 on various PCs. But if you got a Norton 'scrip, best use that up before moving on.

However, if you updated to Windows 10 from 7, your Norton would have had to be re-installed for it to work right. I updated a Windows 7 system yesterday, and although it went in like "buttah,", all of the AV programs had to be re-installed and then re-activated. That's probably why it wasn't updating for you. If you update again in the future, keep it in mind.

XweAponX, Aug 8, 2015
  5. XweAponX Win User
    I get a few in my Windows 7, but I got so much junk installed I expect them. I have never ever gotten one on my Windows 8 (real 8, not 8.1) system. How long ago was I working with that, maybe 5 years ago? I might have gotten one or two when I was having hard drive problems, but after I replaced my failing HD, it's been running 24/7 for at least 3 years with not one BSOD.

XweAponX, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Went back to Win 7 pro

1. Went back to Win 7 pro - Similar Threads - Went pro

2. was on windows 11 went to windows 10 pro key is gone

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    was on windows 11 went to windows 10 pro key is gone: so i decided to go to windows 10 pro instead of staying on windows 11. I created a Create Windows 10 installation media and plug my usb drive into my pc and then when i went to windows 10 pro my key was gone and i have to buy a new one now....
  3. was on windows 11 went to windows 10 pro key is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    was on windows 11 went to windows 10 pro key is gone: so i decided to go to windows 10 pro instead of staying on windows 11. I created a Create Windows 10 installation media and plug my usb drive into my pc and then when i went to windows 10 pro my key was gone and i have to buy a new one now....
  4. was on windows 11 went to windows 10 pro key is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I went to delete the gpu off my surface pro 8 and restarted it and now it wont start what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I went to delete the gpu off my surface pro 8 and restarted it and now it wont start what...: i deleted the gpu and restarted my surface pro 8 and now it wont start please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-went-to-delete-the-gpu-off-my-surface-pro-8-and/2d4868e0-e9c8-47df-af37-6832558e9420
  6. I went to delete the gpu off my surface pro 8 and restarted it and now it wont start what...

I went to delete the gpu off my surface pro 8 and restarted it and now it wont start what...: i deleted the gpu and restarted my surface pro 8 and now it wont start please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-went-to-delete-the-gpu-off-my-surface-pro-8-and/2d4868e0-e9c8-47df-af37-6832558e9420
  7. Bought windows 11 pro, money went off my card but still don't have windows 11 pro activated...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought windows 11 pro, money went off my card but still don't have windows 11 pro activated...: Bought windows 11 pro through the Microsoft store on my new PC, then upgraded my bios and the windows 11 pro activation dissappeared even though I have the receipt and everything, tech support has been of no help telling me to reinstall windows over and over again to no...
  8. Bought windows 11 pro, money went off my card but still don't have windows 11 pro activated...

Bought windows 11 pro, money went off my card but still don't have windows 11 pro activated...: Bought windows 11 pro through the Microsoft store on my new PC, then upgraded my bios and the windows 11 pro activation dissappeared even though I have the receipt and everything, tech support has been of no help telling me to reinstall windows over and over again to no...
  9. Power went off, now in the corner of the screen it says "8.1 Pro Build 9600" I don't have a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power went off, now in the corner of the screen it says "8.1 Pro Build 9600" I don't have a...: The power went off, and now in the corner of the screen it says "8.1 Pro Build 9600" I don't have a key to activate Windows and, nothing works properly, Help!?...
  10. Power went off, now in the corner of the screen it says "8.1 Pro Build 9600" I don't have a...

Power went off, now in the corner of the screen it says "8.1 Pro Build 9600" I don't have a...: The power went off, and now in the corner of the screen it says "8.1 Pro Build 9600" I don't have a key to activate Windows and, nothing works properly, Help!?...