Windows 10: went from old vista pc to new windows 10 and cant get any old games

Discus and support went from old vista pc to new windows 10 and cant get any old games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; went from old vista pc to new windows 10 and cant get any old games to install and run. Are my games doomed? Bad enough i lost solitaire. My games i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by nogowindows10, Dec 31, 2015.

1. went from old vista pc to new windows 10 and cant get any old games

went from old vista pc to new windows 10 and cant get any old games to install and run. Are my games doomed? Bad enough i lost solitaire. My games i bought on cd's dead? microsoft only has their online store crap able to run? I miss morrowind landwarrior oblivion ect ect

:)

nogowindows10, Dec 31, 2015

2. Photos turned into .dat files

Do you still have the Vista-laptop? If yes, can you see the photos on this? Or another PC with Windows 8.1 or older (Just to ensure, nothing is wrong with your extern harddisk.....)

If you still have the photos on the old PC, you could use a USB-stick or upload them to OneDrive, and download them again, to your new PC...

MicaelNielsen, Dec 31, 2015
  3. 123JH Win User
    Old card spider games from PC xp

Since buying new PC thought I could get my old card games which had on my old PC XP system but had no luck downloading and I kept old hard-dive from the stripped down PC but looking for device to keep old docs., or get new on widows 10.
    Need Advice. JJH.

123JH, Dec 31, 2015
  4. Atomic77 Win User

went from old vista pc to new windows 10 and cant get any old games

did you upgrade or is this new windows 10 computer? There are some games that will work in Windows 10 and some that are not compatable but most games should work. Its mostly the ones in the old games for windows campaign that have issues and also ones that use securom.

Atomic77, Dec 31, 2015
  5. WHS
    whs Win User
  6. family bought me this new computer in October- my old one was awesome 10 years ago but been keeping it together with duct tape and chewing gum.

7. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Dec 31, 2015
  8. dwarfer66 Win User

I have had both Morrowind and Oblivion working fine in win 10, even got Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge working fine.

dwarfer66, Dec 31, 2015
  9. WHS
    whs Win User
    The problems are probably with the 16bit games.

10. hmm the old games are 32 bit if i remember correctly---this machine stats are a 64bit system---so does that mean it cant run 32bit programs/games?

11. bobkn Win User
    No.

Most software is still 32 bit.

And Solitaire is either included with Windows 10, or it's a free MS Store download. (I can't recall which.) MS Hearts is gone, though.

bobkn, Dec 31, 2015
  12. i found Microsoft solitaire it has to be run through their website each time it runs. Not a stand alone game for those times when my wonderfully reliable time warner internet goes out it wont run. But all the games i ran on my old vista machine through the cd';s and dvd's i paid for and ran on my old machine will not run on this one---a few i get prompts to run as admin which i right click then try but they wont start. Morrowind, Oblivion(which wont even install-install shield just freezes) delta force land warrior, freelancer by microsoft and a cooking cd called one million recipes non of which will run but i can see the program from the cd in the d drive---i must be missing something?

13. caperjack Win User

win10 has no default, dvd playing software I and a million others use VLC ,It could be the issue with the cooking and recipes disk ,
    Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player - VideoLAN

for regular solitary I use a Microsoft store app, , just search the store app for microsoft solitare collection , its it tied to xbox live but it still works ,you will need to be signed in to win10 with a Microsoft email acct to use the store app

caperjack, Dec 31, 2015
  14. MS removed a lot of cruft from Windows 10 that was present in Vista. Vista was just slow and overbloated, updating it was a nightmare of nightmares, many drivers didn't work, etc. There are much better games out there than the games in Vista/7, I would just forget about them and never look back.

Why you would ever want to keep Vista installed, in a virtual partition or otherwise, is beyond me. 7, sure, maybe, but not Vista, ever.

AnonVendetta, Jan 6, 2016
  15. well i wouldnt mind windows 10 as much if i could play my old games like oblivion delta force land warrior and the ultimate one i dont get why they wont let it run is called freelancer it is a microsoft game i bought---it wont let me run it even..

nogowindows10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. went from old vista pc to new windows 10 and cant get any old games - Similar Threads - went old vista

2. Can I get windows from old pc to new

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I get windows from old pc to new: So I have this old pc that I am getting all new parts for and I was wondering if I could get the windows from the old parts to the new for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-windows-from-old-pc-to-new/b519b9ce-055a-4283-95d0-acada842d4df
  3. Can I get windows from old pc to new

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I get windows from old pc to new: So I have this old pc that I am getting all new parts for and I was wondering if I could get the windows from the old parts to the new for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-windows-from-old-pc-to-new/b519b9ce-055a-4283-95d0-acada842d4df
  4. Can I get windows from old pc to new

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Old Windows Vista PC can't login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Windows Vista PC can't login: So recently. I picked up a Windows Vista Home Premium PC from a give and take to reuse, but unfortunately, I've run into an issue. The old password is still active, and I can't access the administrator account no matter what I do. Whether using safe mode or any other safe...
  6. Old Windows Vista PC can't login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old Windows Vista PC can't login: So recently. I picked up a Windows Vista Home Premium PC from a give and take to reuse, but unfortunately, I've run into an issue. The old password is still active, and I can't access the administrator account no matter what I do. Whether using safe mode or any other safe...
  7. Old vista laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old vista laptop: So I was given an old windows vista laptop that supposedly is in good condition. Unfortunately, they could not remember the password and I haven't been able to get logged in. If I were to buy windows 10 installation, would it wipe it clean with an install so I can start over....
  8. BSOD - Gaming PC is getting old

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Gaming PC is getting old: Hello, I built this PC over five years ago mainly to game on. It recently has been crashing a lot with the BSOD. It really ramped up when I started playing Dark Souls III. I want to beat that game but I hate this BSOD crashes. I hope it is not time to get a new PC as I can't...
  9. load windows 10 from old pc to new

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    load windows 10 from old pc to new: My laptop fried with power surges and completely wiped both hard disks and is inaccessible. I'm getting a new pc and want to download windows 10 without paying for new one. Is that possible? I found the key on my account. Thanks in advance,...
  10. Cant play old games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant play old games: Hey my windows 10 cant play some old games command and conquer Tiberian Sun and command and conquer Red alert 2 it says one or more dlls are missing please reinstall and i have...