Windows 10: We're Sorry Firefox had a problem and crashed.

Discus and support We're Sorry Firefox had a problem and crashed. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; We're Sorry Firefox had a problem and crashed. We'll try to restore your tabs and windows when it restarts. To help us diagnose and fix the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by DeathStalker, Aug 3, 2015.

1. We're Sorry Firefox had a problem and crashed.

We're Sorry

Firefox had a problem and crashed. We'll try to restore your tabs and windows when it restarts.

To help us diagnose and fix the problem, you can send us a crash report.

It happens CONTINUOUSLY.

Why?

I'm tired of signing into yahoo 50 times a day or here 30n times a day.........

:)

DeathStalker, Aug 3, 2015

2. minecraft windows 10

GAME CRASH An unexpected issue occurred and the game has crashed. We're sorry for the inconvenience. GAME CRASH
    An unexpected issue occurred and the game has crashed. We're sorry for the inconvenience. GAME CRASH
    An unexpected issue occurred and the game has crashed. We're sorry for the inconvenience. GAME CRASH
    HELP ME THIS WONT STOP SAYING THIS THANKS FOR RUINING MINECRAFT

zackJohnson1, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Shockwave plugin crashes freqently in windows 8, 8.1 & 10

Sorry for the late reply...

After installing the latest update, no issues with Edge but in Firefox & Chrome, it still crashes. One improvement is the number of crashes had been reduced and the frequencies too...

Anyway, I will try for some more days and see that the problem persists...

Thank you...

P Raja Rajeswaran, Aug 3, 2015
  4. We're Sorry Firefox had a problem and crashed.

Not Myself, Aug 3, 2015
  5. Is this a clean install or an update of Windows 10? One thing you can try if it's an update is to uninstall Firefox and then reinstall it from the latest installer. Might correct whatever is wrong.

thunderclap, Aug 3, 2015
  6. @Notmyself: Thanks. I didn't find that when I tried a google lol. I did the first thing first and I'll see how it works and then try other steps if needed. That was just what I was looking for.
    @thunderclap: It's a new install from disc on a new HDD. I already uninstalled/re-installed it once. It worked for a little bit and then gave the error message again. Thanks for the advise though.

DeathStalker, Aug 3, 2015
  7. Not overly likely under the circumstances, but you may still have a problem that the procedure for which I provided a link may help. Depending upon what changes you may have made to the Fx profile, such as adding extensions, something may have gone astray.

The testing does not take long, but may not find anything. I was waiting for the result of your testing before suggesting the next step, but here it is:

1. Go to Index page mozillaZine Forums and register, as you have to be a member to post in all but one of two of the forums on that site.

2. When ready, go to the first Forum, and start a new thread, with a meaningful title. Add a short text, explaining what you had done so far, such as the testing I wrote about.

3. Before submitting the message, in the Fx URL box, type "about:crashes" without the quotation marks. (I am assuming that Fx created crash reports, which does not always happen.) If there are any entries, then copy a few of the latest crash report numbers, NOT the text of the reports, which some people do. If there are no reports, end your text with that information. If there are reports, they will be looked at by some of the mozillaZine experts (and there actually are people there who qualify as such,) who may be able to pinpoint what is causing the problem(s).

Not Myself, Aug 4, 2015
  8. We're Sorry Firefox had a problem and crashed.

Thanks for all your help. It's still buggy so I have to complete the remaining steps. I'm remodeling my house right now so my time to fix this is limited.

When I complete the steps as you outlined, I'll let you know how it turned out. I know how frustrating it can be to help someone and then never hear if it worked or not lol.

DeathStalker, Aug 4, 2015
  9. You are welcome; in return, thanks for realizing that, yes, it is frustrating to not find out the result. The other thing people do all too often, and for some reason I see it all too often on mozillaZine, is to post the result. "I solved it,' with no explanation whatsoever as to how it was solved. Doing that means that no one else can possibly benefit from the solution.

Not Myself, Aug 4, 2015
  10. Well this is anti climatic. When I saw the new update for Firefox, 39.0.3 I installed it and SO FAR (it's only been an hour or so) I haven't gotten that message. If it's still good tomorrow, I'll declare it was Firefox and they fixed it with the updated lol.

DeathStalker, Aug 7, 2015
  11. Possible, but rather unlikely, as the only change, as far as is known publicly, from 39.02 to 39.03 was a security update for a zero-day flaw.

Firefox exploit found in the wild | Mozilla Security Blog

Not Myself, Aug 8, 2015
  12. Well that's all good and cool lol, but the fact remains that as of now I have NOT had the Firefox crash issue since I upgraded.

Of course it's not like MS has hated Firefox since their inception. Firefox was for years about the only decent alternative to IE and MS has sabotaged it in EVERY release of a new OS...... allegedly of course. Bite the hand that feeds and one finds oneself banned lol.

I'm sure it was because the pesky Russians were searching for an exploit, using of course their new brothers the Ukrainians, that would allow them to conquer the world through my computer. Firefox working in Windows 10 after being sabotaged for the first few days, was just a coincidence. As was Firefox being sabotaged........

Edit: If I STILL haven't crashed this time tomorrow lol, I'm calling it solved and the update the cause.

DeathStalker, Aug 8, 2015
  13. We're Sorry Firefox had a problem and crashed.

Well that was a bust. Still doing it.

YOU WERE RIGHT NOT MYSELF lol.

Well back to the other fixes when I have time later. Update did NOT fix the problem.

DeathStalker, Aug 9, 2015
  14. It is not to worry. For example, I started a thread on mozillaZine about my computer being identified as using Windows 7 after I had installed Windows 8. I subsequently found, rather weirdly, that when I started Fx in Safe Mode, and then restarted in normal mode, MS showed that I was running Windows 10, so I marked the thread as solved.

I then found that my wife's computer was shown as Windows 8, and Safe Mode did not change that, so I created a new Fx profile for her, which so far has taken care of the problem. Meanwhile, my machine reverted to being identified as using Windows 7.

I decided to rename the prefs.js file in the profile as old.prefs.js; when I restarted Fx, which created a new prefs.js file, I was once again using Windows 10, so I reset most, if not all, of the extension options. I don't know when Fx reverted yet again to Windows 7, only that it was less than twenty-four hours after my prefs.js change.

I started a new profile a while ago, copying the critical files from the old profile to the new one, testing each time; as that showed Windows 10. I then copied the Extensions folder, which, as I knew would happen, presented me with a long list of "allow this to be installed" pop-ups, many of which required restarting Fx. I have, so far, reset the important-to-me extension options, and Windows 10 is still showing.

That is just one of the various matters that have arisen since 29 August 2015, some of which, such as Fx, have been quite frustrating The failure of the Windows 10 search feature, when, instead of showing results just presents a black area, and now trying to find out why my computer wakes up after fifteen to thirty minutes are just two of my collection. I did disable the start-ups on the first screen in Task Manager earlier today, but that did not help, so I will do a second group of disabled startups to try to find the culprit.

So far, the usual methods of finding what woke the machine have not presented any useful information; at least I'm not the only Windows 10 user to report that.

Not Myself, Aug 10, 2015
  15. Sorry for the delay Notmyself and thanks for all your help.

As far as the problem:

All I have done is keep up to date with the latest Win10 updates, the latest Firefox updates, and the latest GPU updates and the problem went away (a new one has appeared though lol).

What I THINK the problem may have been was the GPU driver. While AMD updated it's drivers, they had the same driver number displayed on the download so while I had THOUGHT I had the latest, I really didn't.

I was looking at Brinks driver sticky and it said there was a new driver. Even though when I clicked on the link it was showing the same driver number as I already had last 4 were 1002, in reality it was the 1004 driver. Since I had nothing else to try, I *re-downloaded* the driver and then I got the package is when I saw it was the 1004.

I think in the end, it was just a matter of just the early bugs in the launch. With the updates to the driver, Firefox and Win10 I have not crashed in about two weeks.

DeathStalker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

We're Sorry Firefox had a problem and crashed.

1. We're Sorry Firefox had a problem and crashed. - Similar Threads - We're Sorry Firefox

2. "Sorry, we're having trouble signing you in."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Sorry, we're having trouble signing you in.": I am getting an error message as soon as the computer turns on. I have hit the "X" button but it shows right back up. Says to contact my Administer. I have no idea what that means and it will not close the Microsoft Teams at all. I don't even use that stupid thing. I have...
  3. "Sorry, we're having trouble signing you in."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Sorry, we're having trouble signing you in.": I am getting an error message as soon as the computer turns on. I have hit the "X" button but it shows right back up. Says to contact my Administer. I have no idea what that means and it will not close the Microsoft Teams at all. I don't even use that stupid thing. I have...
  4. "Sorry, we're having trouble signing you in."

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Sorry folks -- Had it with AMD and AMD graphics

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sorry folks -- Had it with AMD and AMD graphics: I know there's loads on these boards who swear by AMD I really have a problem with these processors Decent AMD processor (4 core) on 32 GB machine has problems when running a Windows VM using SlyFox (or modern equivalent) to rip a DVD into an iso image. Using Samsung...
  6. microsoft news "we're sorry this card couldn't be displayed"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft news "we're sorry this card couldn't be displayed": This comes up for EVERY item I have looked at in MS News! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-news-were-sorry-this-card-couldnt-be/22b8572a-93ce-4a57-a1ec-5aad0115d701
  7. Problem with Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Firefox: When I open any website it opens okay then after a few seconds it does this Attachment 247923 After a few more seconds it comes up normal has anyone any idea what is the cause and cure I am on firefox build69 The attachment was loaded as screenshot why has that changed 140788
  8. We're sorry-we've run into an issue...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    We're sorry-we've run into an issue...: Hello One of our coworker is having this message since last friday morning: What are our optioons ? Stephane LeBourdais https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/were-sorry-weve-run-into-an-issue/870bb3ae-6392-4dd1-adf7-8fc2ac789e1e
  9. Crashed Firefox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Crashed Firefox: How can I retrieve above pl? I postponed Firefox update and now can't get into my other Windows 10 computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/crashed-firefox/7c9d4324-72b0-491e-bacc-a47b32b2d3b4
  10. We're sorry but outlook has run into an error that is preventing it...

in Microsoft Office and 365
    We're sorry but outlook has run into an error that is preventing it...: Last couple of days I've been getting a "We're sorry but Outlook has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Outlook will need to be closed as a result." message. It also gives a "Would you like us to repair now?" option with Repair Now, Help and close...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. were sorryfirefox had a problem and crashed. we’ll try to restore your tabs and windows when it restarts.to help us diagnose and fix the problem you can send us a crash report