Windows 10: western digital my book

Discus and support western digital my book in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After doing a clean install of windows 10 build 10130; my western digital my book 1tb external usb 3.0 hard drive will not retrieve my backups. Is this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matt Siegel, Jun 24, 2015.

1. western digital my book

After doing a clean install of windows 10 build 10130; my western digital my book 1tb external usb 3.0 hard drive will not retrieve my backups. Is this a possible windows 10 glitch; or is this a internal hardware issue with my device?

:)

Matt Siegel, Jun 24, 2015

2. add hard drive to comcast network with cisco wifi modem

How to add Western Digital (My Book 3tgb) hard drive to my comcast wifi Cisco modem?

Joe C.Yelder CRS GRI, Jun 24, 2015
  3. western digital My Book 4TB

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with your Western Digital Book. I will certainly help you with the issue.

The issue that you are facing may be caused by the following.

• The currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupt

• Your PC requires an update for issues that may conflict with a USB external hard drive and Windows

• Your USB controllers may have become unstable or corrupt

• Your external drive may be entering selective suspend

To rectify and narrow down the cause of the issue, I would suggest that you perform the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: Uninstall and then reconnect the external hard drive.

1. Right click on Start Menu, and select
    Device Manager.

2. Double click and expand Disk Drives.

3. Right click on each of the drives and select
    Uninstall.

Note: You may be prompted to enter an Admin password.

4. After it uninstalls, reboot the computer and plug the external hard drive and check.

If the issue did not resolve proceed to the next method.

Method 2: Windows Updates.

This method will install the latest device drivers for your USB external hard drive. Open Windows updates and check if there are any pending updates in your computer. If so, disconnect all external devices other that keyboard
    and mouse. Install the updates a check.

If the issue did not resolve proceed to the next method.

Method 3: Reinstall USB controllers.

1. Right click on Start Menu, and select
    Device Manager.

2. Double click and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

3. Right click on each of the drives and select
    Uninstall.

Note: You may be prompted to enter an Admin password.

4. After it uninstalls, reboot the computer and the USB controllers will automatically install.

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Jun 24, 2015
  4. western digital my book

Also; sometimes it will not "mount" so i can see it in the drive list. Anyone got ideas for me?

Matt Siegel, Jun 25, 2015
  5. CountMike New Member
    Do you have USB3 drivers installed ? You can try it in USB2 port too, it's interchangeable but a bit slower.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

western digital my book

1. western digital my book - Similar Threads - western digital book

2. Western Digital My Book 1230 External Drive Not Recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Western Digital My Book 1230 External Drive Not Recognized: Ok I have googled and tried tons of suggestions for a solution and nothing has worked. My WD External HD makes the connecting noise when I plug it in, but doesn't show up in My Computer.It is in Device Manager, but not Disk Management it showed up once there but I couldn't do...
  3. Western Digital My Book 1230 External Drive Not Recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Western Digital My Book 1230 External Drive Not Recognized: Ok I have googled and tried tons of suggestions for a solution and nothing has worked. My WD External HD makes the connecting noise when I plug it in, but doesn't show up in My Computer.It is in Device Manager, but not Disk Management it showed up once there but I couldn't do...
  4. Western Digital My Book 1230 External Drive Not Recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Western Digital My passport ext hdd

Western Digital My passport ext hdd: Good morning folks, I,m having problems with the above 2tb drive.Whenever I connect to the laptop it switches itself on without me touching any keys so I have to "x" off it Tried just now to upload a photo and it seemed to disappear while I was trying to do so but...
  6. Western Digital Passport Not Being Detected

Western Digital Passport Not Being Detected: This happened suddenly. I bought a new cable. Still doesn't work. The passport is definitely powering up. My OS is Windows 10. Can anyone help?...
  7. western digital passport

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    western digital passport: stopped working after last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/western-digital-passport/c7f43d6b-7de2-489d-a88c-67636e65b104
  8. Western Digital Drive no go

Western Digital Drive no go: I have a WD Caviar Blue 500Gb sata drive mounted in a Digitus USB enclosure. This drive has been working fine until I installed Windows 10. Now I get a message that the drive failed to enumerate, (Code 35). C an anybody help please? 18449
  9. Western Digital Elements Desktop Issues

Western Digital Elements Desktop Issues: Hi There External hard drive issues, Tests fine with Western Digital Lifeguard program, sometimes connect it and it can't write files or delete any, yes the drive is older, mostly used to store second copy of music files/pictures and kept under neath upstairs Computer...
  10. Western Digital Passport drives autorun?

Western Digital Passport drives autorun?: Hello, i'm moving back to 10 recently. I recall on 1st version i tried, when i plugged my WD Passport, i was asked what to do. Now not anymore. There is an autorun app that's launching to unlock the drive (hardware encryption enabled). How do i fix that? 59820