Windows 10: Western Digital Passport drives autorun?

Discus and support Western Digital Passport drives autorun? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, i'm moving back to 10 recently. I recall on 1st version i tried, when i plugged my WD Passport, i was asked what to do. Now not anymore. There... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by unko, Aug 10, 2016.

1. unko Win User

Western Digital Passport drives autorun?

Hello, i'm moving back to 10 recently. I recall on 1st version i tried, when i plugged my WD Passport, i was asked what to do. Now not anymore. There is an autorun app that's launching to unlock the drive (hardware encryption enabled). How do i fix that?

:)

2. western digital my passport

my pc will not recognize my external hard drive - western digital my passport

dwwilliamson, Aug 10, 2016
  3. GaryBaird Win User
    Windows 10 does not recognize western digital My passport Ultra external hard drive

I don' know if that is related to my problem, but I found out (not from Western Digital) that you can only plug a "Western Digital Passport" into a computer usb port. You CANNOT plug it into a usb HUB. That seemed to have changed with Windows 10. Bummer,
    because computers have so few usb ports making it necessary to unplug something else in order to use a "Western Digital Passport" hard drive. I think "Western Digital" failed to write device drivers for Windows 10, but they will never admit that.

GaryBaird, Aug 10, 2016
  4. Margister Win User

Is the autorun application running from the drive or from the system? If from the drive, delete the autorun.ini or any executables on the drive. If you cannot, try enabling hidden files and delete it. Otherwise you may have to format the drive

Margister, Aug 11, 2016
Thema:

1. Western Digital Passport drives autorun? - Similar Threads - Western Digital Passport

2. Western Digital External “My Passport” Hard Drive formally used on W11 isn’t being...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Western Digital External “My Passport” Hard Drive formally used on W11 isn’t being...: Purchased a new laptop and downloaded W365. My Western Digital External “My Passport” Hard Drive is not being recognized. I’ve received two 2 different notices. 1 - stating to download W11. 2 - stating to download WD My Passport software. I do not see the necessity of having...
  3. Western Digital External “My Passport” Hard Drive formally used on W11 isn’t being...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Western Digital External “My Passport” Hard Drive formally used on W11 isn’t being...: Purchased a new laptop and downloaded W365. My Western Digital External “My Passport” Hard Drive is not being recognized. I’ve received two 2 different notices. 1 - stating to download W11. 2 - stating to download WD My Passport software. I do not see the necessity of having...
  4. Western Digital Passport USB issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Western Digital Passport USB issue: Hi, I just bought this laptop and I am trying to plug my WD passport USB into it and it wont work. It says the driver is unavailable Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/western-digital-passport-usb-issue/5e275c22-e131-4a40-80ee-c88c418d1da2
  5. Western Digital My passport ext hdd

Western Digital My passport ext hdd: Good morning folks, I,m having problems with the above 2tb drive.Whenever I connect to the laptop it switches itself on without me touching any keys so I have to "x" off it Tried just now to upload a photo and it seemed to disappear while I was trying to do so but...
  6. Western Digital Passport Not Being Detected

Western Digital Passport Not Being Detected: This happened suddenly. I bought a new cable. Still doesn't work. The passport is definitely powering up. My OS is Windows 10. Can anyone help?...
  7. western digital passport

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    western digital passport: stopped working after last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/western-digital-passport/c7f43d6b-7de2-489d-a88c-67636e65b104
  8. Western Digital hard drive 4308A

Western Digital hard drive 4308A: Please advise. Is the Western Digital hard drive compatible with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/western-digital-hard-drive-4308a/4785e9b0-8afa-4e97-8bfc-d973e59927ed
  9. Western Digital Drive no go

Western Digital Drive no go: I have a WD Caviar Blue 500Gb sata drive mounted in a Digitus USB enclosure. This drive has been working fine until I installed Windows 10. Now I get a message that the drive failed to enumerate, (Code 35). C an anybody help please? 18449
  10. Files being copied from Western Digital Passport have datestamp...

in Windows 10 Support
    Files being copied from Western Digital Passport have datestamp...: I'm moving backed up files to a new hard drive/Windows install and the filenames are: filename (2016_08_22 05_14_11 UTC).extension Why is this happening? 61677

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wd drive autorun

2. autorun wd passport 1tb

3. wd passport autorun