Windows 10: We've detected a problem with your cookie settings (Google Chrome)

Discus and support We've detected a problem with your cookie settings (Google Chrome) in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm getting very frustrated with something Google Chrome changed some months ago. I normally block 3rd party cookies, enabling temporarily only on... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cytherian, Aug 7, 2018.

1. cytherian Win User

We've detected a problem with your cookie settings (Google Chrome)

I'm getting very frustrated with something Google Chrome changed some months ago.

I normally block 3rd party cookies, enabling temporarily only on occasion when the need calls for it. I can't stand cookie bloat and keep a white-list extension running and I've also got cookies for specific sites blocked and explicitly permitted.

All is normally fine... until I visit a forum or blog where I want to post. Now these days, many of them have linked up with Google as a means of authenticating posters. However, I'm often greeted with "We've detected a problem with your cookie settings" and I'm prevented from posting.

I do NOT want to flush my cookies and lose all the settings/options and information I've established with a number of sites, just because one blog is failing to authenticate me. This shouldn't be necessary. But unfortunately, the error message is ambiguous, with no explicit detail. I have added the blog site (e.g. blogspot) to my white list and explicitly permitted cookies, and even turned off 3rd party blocking, but it still won't work.

Rather than deleting all cookies, I perform a cookie purge using my white list extension to preserve desirable cookies. This does not fix the problem either.

Is there some trick to making this work?

:)

cytherian, Aug 7, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en#topic=3421642

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Aug 7, 2018
  4. KomouPoji Win User

Getting error "A network change was detected. ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED" on Google Chrome with Windows 10

Hi,

To assist you, further, let me ask.

• Do the problem occur only to specific website or to all other websites?
    As you mention the problem only occur on chrome, I would suggest you to clear cookies and history from the setting.

Also, if the error still persists try uninstall chrome and reinstall.

Follow the steps how to unstill program and install.

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.

• On the Start menu, then select
      Settings.

• Select System > Apps & features.

• Select the program, then select Uninstall.
      Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.

• Follow the directions on the screen.
    I hope the information is helpful and the issue still persists, we’ll be glad to assist you .

Regards,

Komou Poji.

KomouPoji, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

1. We've detected a problem with your cookie settings (Google Chrome) - Similar Threads - We've detected problem

2. A problem in google chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A problem in google chrome: Hi and welcome. I have a problem when trying to search anything in google. This problem appeared a week ago, when trying to search for anything in Google, the error message that I will attach below appears. I've tried set the date and time again, I've tried changing wi-fi...
  3. Google Chrome Virus Detected Notification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome Virus Detected Notification: I accidentally clicked on the notification and now i think i might have a virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/google-chrome-virus-detected-notification/b03d828b-d41a-40d4-bef6-163816a590d6
  4. Problem with Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Google Chrome: When I'm in my email app and click a link, google chrome flashes orange on my task bar showing a tab opened but stays minimized. I'm new to windows 10 and this issue. I have looked at the settings and have yet to fix it, which is frustrating for me since I usually figure it...
  5. Google Chrome problem?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome problem?: Since updating to Windows 10 every time I go to a web site a pop up states "do you want this app to make changes to your computer?" It states it's Google Chrome. This has never happened before and how do I make it stop? Thank you!...
  6. google chrome problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    google chrome problem: I have a laptop, about five years old, has Windows 8.11. It recently had a complete power failure. I just got it working again and after booting up I noticed there were websites I couldn't get to; claimed the website was not responding. Amazon, ebay and some others like my...
  7. Chrome cookies

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome cookies: How do you import and export cookies in Chrome? 45206
  8. Google Chrome is not your default browser problem

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome is not your default browser problem: I'm having a persistent problem with Google Chrome. Although Windows 10 says Chrome is the default browser, Google Chrome itself does not "believe" it, and I keep getting the "Google Chrome is not your default browser" notification when I bring up the browser. In settings it...
  9. Delete Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Delete Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows How to Delete Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows Cookies are small files that websites put on your PC to store information about you and your preferences. Cookies can make your browsing experience better by letting...
  10. Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows How to Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows Cookies are small files that websites put on your PC to store information about you and your preferences. Cookies can make your browsing experience...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Weve detected a problem with your cookie settings