Windows 10: What about DVD Navigator? Will it be included?

Discus and support What about DVD Navigator? Will it be included? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use HTPC software (JRiver Media Center) to play my DVD Movies. The JRiver program uses the Microsoft DVD Navigator (as does a lot of third-party DVD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CountryBumkin, May 31, 2015.

1. What about DVD Navigator? Will it be included?

I use HTPC software (JRiver Media Center) to play my DVD Movies. The JRiver program uses the Microsoft DVD Navigator (as does a lot of third-party DVD playback software). I read that WIN10 will not include DVD Navigator. I'm not sure yet if this will be a problem for me (or JRiver).

What is Microsoft's plan to support the playback of DVDs with menus?

Will Win10 RTM include "DVD Navigator" or something similar?

:)

CountryBumkin, May 31, 2015

2. Backuping MMS using PC Suite ? When it will be available ?

What backup log says about MMS?

miksu---01, May 31, 2015
  3. cmcateer2 Win User
    will I be able to Play DVDs on my laptop using Windows 10 new upgrade

I have reserved a free copy of Windows 10 but I am concerned about losing the ability to watch DVDs and burn CDs & DVDs using Windows media center.

I have read that Windows Media Center will not be available on the New windows 10, if true what is the alternative? I would like to use Window 10 but do not want to lose an important application .

Thanks

cmcateer2, May 31, 2015
  4. batlhilz Win User

What about DVD Navigator? Will it be included?

think its coming later this year, if at all, "awhile, win10 users can always download VLC"

batlhilz, Jun 1, 2015
  5. True, but VLC doesn't help much if your HTPC is built around another program (i.e. JRiver). However, someone on the JRiver forum running Win10 build 10074 says DVDs (menus) are working (at least on that build).

Someone reported (thinks) that if "qdvd.dll" exists on Windows 10, then DVD menus will work. However I don't have any DVDs ripped with menus (I do "movie only" rips) so I can't confirm/test.

CountryBumkin, Jun 1, 2015
  6. Berton Win User
    This image is what I get running a commercial DVD, in this case Cowboys & Aliens using VLC on Win10TP Build 10130. The only menu I see when opening is along the bottom.
    Attachment 20541
    Windows Media Player didn't seem to know about the movie.

Berton, Jun 1, 2015
  7. That's the menu I'm talking about.
    VLC doesn't use Microsoft's DVD Navigator so it works. Since I use JRiver Media Center I was fishing here to see if anyone knows whether or not JRiver program will continue to function or not (as it is built around navigator) once all the JRiver users start switching to Win10?

Thanks.

CountryBumkin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

What about DVD Navigator? Will it be included?

1. What about DVD Navigator? Will it be included? - Similar Threads - DVD Navigator included

2. what is this about

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    what is this about: Why and how did this show-up won't close ?Thank youTIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-about/af2f49fa-efc3-4946-84d6-fe5782f9ba9b
  3. What update included Chrome?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What update included Chrome?: I'm having problems since the update with Chrome characteristics were included. Which updatewas that? It is causing problems with a couple of my programs that were using Edge and now they come up on Chrome....
  4. About CD, DVD burning.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    About CD, DVD burning.: Man ir dators HP 250 G3 Notebook PC un DVD-Rom SD-R2412. Dators zina DVD bet neraksta no datora mapes uz diska. Kas par lietu? Translated from Latvian: I have a PC HP 250 G3 Notebook PC and DVD-Rom SD-R2412. Your computer knows the DVD but doesn't write from a folder on...
  5. What about Flash?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What about Flash?: I have read that Adobe Flash Player will not run after the end of the year? How will we be able to watch videos, etc. after that? Can somebody please explain to me? Or did I misunderstand?...
  6. DVD Problems - what cause?

DVD Problems - what cause?: I've got this dvd drive on one of our computers and it'll play disks happily and then one swapping to another it'll refuse to recognise there's a disk in the drive and ask us to put one in. But no matter what we put in it won't work. Reboot the computer and start again and...
  7. I'm about to break this DVD Drive

I'm about to break this DVD Drive: Oh god. I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, but suddenly this really annoying dvd drive only works with dvd-rw, it should work with cd-r, cd-rw, dvd-r, dvd-rw and so on, until 8x speed. I know i would need to install the drivers, but i cant find them, and i dont trust...
  8. PLEASE INCLUDE IMAGEX.EXE TOOL INCLUDE IN WINDOWS 10 DVD

PLEASE INCLUDE IMAGEX.EXE TOOL INCLUDE IN WINDOWS 10 DVD: please include imagex .exe tool in coming windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/please-include-imagexexe-tool-include-in-windows/7e9c57fc-c65e-4ef0-b84b-8c0f4b45ba78
  9. what about iyogi ?

what about iyogi ?: I am not a computer expert. When i was facing problem , i had a company who was helping me to fix the computer problem. Since some days i am not able to contact with them . My computer is working too slow and the windows 10 update is running again and again. How do i get it...
  10. What about SuperFetch?

in Windows 10 Support
    What about SuperFetch?: Hi! I noticed SuperFetch isn't anymore. They got rid of it? Why? Any info appreciated. Greetings, Joe 82027