Windows 10: What about SuperFetch?

Discus and support What about SuperFetch? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! I noticed SuperFetch isn't anymore. They got rid of it? Why? Any info appreciated. Greetings, Joe 82027 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JoeMcLutz, Apr 14, 2017.

1. JoeMcLutz Win User

What about SuperFetch?

Hi!
    I noticed SuperFetch isn't anymore. They got rid of it? Why?
    Any info appreciated.

Greetings,
    Joe

:)

JoeMcLutz, Apr 14, 2017
  2. what!?!? Win User

Apps not closing, still running in background

Thanks for the response. I am not looking for a "close all" function. Sometimes I intentionally want to leave an app running. In windows phone 8.1, I could exit and close th app by merely selecting the arrow/back button, I am looking for that same functionality.
    When I'm in an app, I want to be able to exit directly from there and not have it continuing in the background.

what!?!?, Apr 14, 2017
  3. what!?!? Win User
    Apps not closing, still running in background

I just got my Lumia 950 phone. On my prior Windows phone, when I pressed the arrow/back button on the bottom left screen, I would exit the app. On Windows 10 phone, I've been doing that and I just realized I'm not exiting the apps. I had intentionally not
    exited an app (because it had my boarding pass). Instead of back button, I pressed the middle window button. Later when I went back to call up my airline app, I pressed the arrow/back button and held it. Similar to my old windows phone, it showed me all the
    apps that were open. SURPRISE! unlike my previous phone, no app had been closing. Right now, I can't seem to find a "one click" way to exit an app. The only way is after I've done a few things, I hold the back button and click the "X" on each of the open items.

Can someone tell me how to exit an app with one click or swipe so that it is not still running, i.e. when I press the back button I will not see it? I'm sure this is something simple. I search the instructions that came with the phone and looked in the
    forum but haven't found the answer.

thanks in advance the assist.

what!?!?, Apr 14, 2017
  4. Mystere Win User

What about SuperFetch?

SuperFetch exists in my services list. Not sure what you're referring to.

Mystere, Apr 14, 2017
  5. dencal Win User
    SuperFetch path and options...

dencal, Apr 14, 2017
  6. JoeMcLutz Win User
    It's not in my services list. Win 10 Pro Creators Update.

JoeMcLutz, Apr 14, 2017
  7. JoeMcLutz Win User
    Thanks but... This is Prefetch and I've such key in registry. Superfetch is a service I have not anymore after last update.

JoeMcLutz, Apr 14, 2017
  8. JoeMcLutz Win User

What about SuperFetch?

Oh please! Forgive me! Forgive me! ...and forgive me! *Biggrin
    Unfortunately I was searching for "Superfetch" in services name... its name is SysMain and in the italian description is translated "Ottimizzazione avvio" (kinda "startup optimization").

Thanks to everybody.
    ...and forgive me! *Biggrin

JoeMcLutz, Apr 14, 2017
  9. EliteData Win User
    if you are using an SSD, superfetch/prefetch is not really necessary for use.
    however, it is very good for a physical spinner disk drive.

EliteData, Apr 16, 2017
  10. JoeMcLutz Win User
    Yes, I am using SSD so I don't need them but I'd turned them off as well even if I had a HDD: it's been too annoying this issue in my opinion.

JoeMcLutz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

What about SuperFetch?

1. What about SuperFetch? - Similar Threads - SuperFetch

2. Disabled SuperFetch but system is so slow now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled SuperFetch but system is so slow now: Good day, I received a system that ran very slow in Windows 7 because of svchost. exe eating all my available memory. Upon disabling superfetch, the memory hog cleared however the system is just so slow now and doing basic tasks takes forever. I ran a bad sector test on the...
  3. Disabled SuperFetch but system is so slow now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabled SuperFetch but system is so slow now: Good day, I received a system that ran very slow in Windows 7 because of svchost. exe eating all my available memory. Upon disabling superfetch, the memory hog cleared however the system is just so slow now and doing basic tasks takes forever. I ran a bad sector test on the...
  4. Superfetch service is not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Superfetch service is not running: Superfetch service is not running on server.it give me following error:But on RDP Server is running fine. Is this service relatable to any RDP Service? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/superfetch-service-is-not-running/87ca5266-d9d9-46b4-9e27-f30292e7970d
  5. Superfetch service is not running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Superfetch service is not running: Superfetch service is not running on server.it give me following error:But on RDP Server is running fine. Is this service relatable to any RDP Service? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/superfetch-service-is-not-running/87ca5266-d9d9-46b4-9e27-f30292e7970d
  6. When I Enable Sysmain Superfetch My Windows 10 Laptop is Stuck On Restarting When I Restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I Enable Sysmain Superfetch My Windows 10 Laptop is Stuck On Restarting When I Restart.: When I Enable Sysmain Superfetch My Windows 10 Laptop is Stuck On Restarting When I Restart and I Have to Press The Power Button . When I Do that I am Finding Corrupted Files. Temporarily I Disabled it and My Laptop is Properly Restarting now . But I Need Sysmain because it...
  7. Making a program cold run by disabling Superfetch and Intel Optane

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Making a program cold run by disabling Superfetch and Intel Optane: The first time I open a program on windows it is slow to load then if I close it and open it again, it's fast to load. This suggests that windows is caching the frequently and recently used programs in advance to make it faster to load and run. The first run is called a cold...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Prefetcher/Superfetcher Bug

Windows 10 Pro Prefetcher/Superfetcher Bug: There is a bug where .zip files, .pdfs and other file formats are being cached in memory making free memory jump from GBs to MBs. The only work around I found was to turn off Prefetcher and SuperFetch in the registry and than use RAMMap to clear the standby buffer. Please...
  9. Superfetch and System main running at the same time with 100% disc space in task manager

Superfetch and System main running at the same time with 100% disc space in task manager: Hi, My computer was barely moving at startup, I opened task manager and Superfetch was running along with System Main. I looked into disabling Superfetch but could not find it in services. I then found out that Superfetch has been replaced with System Main in Windows 10. Why...
  10. Prefetch / superfetch / hibernation - Safe for SSDs?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prefetch / superfetch / hibernation - Safe for SSDs?: I've heard mixed things from multiple websites whether it's a bad thing or not, so I thought I'd just ask here. I'm wondering if it's completely safe to have it enabled. It was enabled by default I disabled it, and I thought it was extremely bad for the lifespan of them,...