Windows 10: What about upgrading from hidden Administrator account?

Discus and support What about upgrading from hidden Administrator account? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have not seen anyone suggest this so I'll give it a go. If you're having problems upgrading, try enabling the hidden Administrator account, sign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ztruker, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Ztruker Win User

What about upgrading from hidden Administrator account?

I have not seen anyone suggest this so I'll give it a go.

If you're having problems upgrading, try enabling the hidden Administrator account, sign out of your normal account, sign in as Administrator then try the upgrade.

Open a Elevated Command Prompt.
    Type net user administrator /active:yes and press Ester.
    Exit Command Prompt.
    Sign in as Administrator.
    Insert flash drive or DVD or mount the Windows 10 upgrade ISO.
    Run setup.exe from any of the above.

I suspect this would only make a difference if there is some kind of account corruption, but what the heck, it's worth a try.

:)

Ztruker, Aug 1, 2015
  2. neilpzz Win User

when upgrading to windows 10

You should be able to just Run as administrator in the compatibility setting for the program in question. You shouldn't need to enable the hidden administrator account. Or do you mean that when you Run as administrator that you are enabling the hidden administrator
    account.

Use "Run as" in Windows 10. Are there no updates for the program in question that would allow it to work with Windows 10.

As far as upgrading is concerned, how are you upgrading. Using Windows update or from media (ISO).

neilpzz, Aug 1, 2015
  3. when upgrading to windows 10

I have tried a few times to upgrade to windows 10 from 7 professional. Although I am administrator I must run programs as administrator. I have enabled the hidden administrator. Should I use that to upgrade to 10?

Bob benjamin, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

What about upgrading from hidden Administrator account?

1. What about upgrading from hidden Administrator account? - Similar Threads - upgrading hidden Administrator

2. REMOVE hidden "Administrator Account"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REMOVE hidden "Administrator Account": I am getting decidedly tired of the repeated messages in Windows 10 on my overpriced Microsoft-based Alienware computer telling me that I do not have administrator privileges and therefore my actions are blocked. I am the ONLY account on my PC besides the damned hidden admin...
  3. REMOVE hidden "Administrator Account"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    REMOVE hidden "Administrator Account": I am getting decidedly tired of the repeated messages in Windows 10 on my overpriced Microsoft-based Alienware computer telling me that I do not have administrator privileges and therefore my actions are blocked. I am the ONLY account on my PC besides the damned hidden admin...
  4. REMOVE hidden "Administrator Account"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Completely reset hidden Administrator account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Completely reset hidden Administrator account?: Hi, not sure if anyone can help - this is more of an OCD type request. I recently needed to activate the hidden Administrator account and on first run it asked me to set a password and then ran the OOBE. I found a page on EightForums where Brink explained how to reset the...
  6. Completely reset hidden Administrator account?

in Windows 10 Support
    Completely reset hidden Administrator account?: Hi, not sure if anyone can help - this is more of an OCD type request. I recently needed to activate the hidden Administrator account and on first run it asked me to set a password and then ran the OOBE. I found a page on EightForums where Brink explained how to reset the...
  7. Is your hidden administrator account inactive?

Is your hidden administrator account inactive?: I have been using the hidden administrator account for almost like 10 years. Is it really not recommend for daily use? I am puzzled with this kind of account. I see all my friends computer, and their computers don't have the hidden administrator active and disabled. I see the...
  8. Hidden Administrator account, no backup admin

Hidden Administrator account, no backup admin: I foolishly hid my only administrator account using the registry editor and I can't do anything with the secondary account that I have on the computer. I went to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Created a new key...
  9. Is it wise to use the preset hidden administrator account?

Is it wise to use the preset hidden administrator account?: I was wondering if I could use the premade admin account for my everyday one but I am not sure if it's safe to, or if not how could I make another user the overall admin? Danke 38348
  10. How to remove Microsoft Account from the Hidden Administrator

How to remove Microsoft Account from the Hidden Administrator: I Accidentally convert the Hidden Administrator to a Microsoft Account, Need help to remove Microsoft Account on hidden admin. I use CMD elevated > net user administrator /active:yes On hidden Admin account you cannot switch to a Microsoft Account by going to...